Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catherine's - EVENT calendar  (Read 240474 times)
Heather1229

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

Thanks PeDe. Is the one for tomorrow in the Court Circular because I hadn't heard about that one?
pianolady

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »

Let's face it tomorrow will be exactly the same:

.  Curly wurly hair,

.  Manic grin

.  Tonsil check

.  Wave for all it's worth

.  Pretend posh voice

.  Faux concern

Blah, blah, we've seen it all before  Thumb down
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »

March 17
Catherine Dss of Cambridge will visit of the Irish Guards for St Patrick, Aldershot.
- presents shamrocks to the Irish Gaurds @ the St.Patrick's Day Parade;
- attends private meeting w/the senior personnel in the Officers' Mess;
- meets members of the QS Club, the Regiment Association, & the Mini Micks cadets on the parade ground;
- is photographed w/100 Sergeants & then 40 officers;
- visits 300 Guardsmen for lunch in the dining room;
- attends private meeting w/the past + present serving officers + their families;
- attends private luncheon w/officers @ the Barracks

Of course, the way the BRF counts these things, this day will count as Seven. Separate. Engagements. Thumb down And then the press will be full of how hard she's working. Crazy   And then she'll need a month-long holiday to recover from her 1 full day of work. Ranting
Heather1229

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »

Just to clarify, Camilla has the military engagement tomorrow, not Kate. Kate's next engagement is Thursday with C&C, which shall be interesting!

Do all royal families count out engagements like that or just the BRF?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »

Thanks PeDe. Is the one for tomorrow in the Court Circular because I hadn't heard about that one?

you are right Heather ..... I was looking cross-eyed on the calendar...thats Camilla tomorrow - Kate's starts on the 15th  Crazy

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 04:22:16 AM »

--UPDATE --

March 1
Catherine Dss of Cambridge accompanies H.M. Elizabeth II, H.R.H. Camilla Dss of Cornwall to unveil a plaque to commemorate the regeneration of Piccadilly at Fortnum + Mason, Piccadilly, London

March 8
Catherine Dss of Cambridge accompanies H.M. Elizabeth II and Prince Philip to a visit to Leicester

March 13
Catherine Dss of Cambridge will visit a military regiment, London

^^ that's not Kate's event, but Camillas...sorryyy  Blush

March 15
Catherine Dss of Cambridge is introduced by Prince Charles to his charity Children and Arts, and joined by Camilla Dss of Cornwall @ Dulwich Picture Gallery, London

March 17
Catherine Dss of Cambridge will visit of the Irish Guards for St Patrick, Aldershot.
- presents shamrocks to the Irish Gaurds @ the St.Patrick's Day Parade;
- attends private meeting w/the senior personnel in the Officers' Mess;
- meets members of the QS Club, the Regiment Association, & the Mini Micks cadets on the parade ground;
- is photographed w/100 Sergeants & then 40 officers;
- visits 300 Guardsmen for lunch in the dining room;
- attends private meeting w/the past + present serving officers + their families;
- attends private luncheon w/officers @ the Barracks

March 19
Catherine Dss of Cambridge inaugurates the children's hospital in Ipswich

TBD
Catherine, Dss of Cambridge accompanies her husband on behalf of H.M. Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee to Malaysia, Singapore, Tuvalu, & the Solomon Islands.

Heather1229

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »

Don't worry PeDe, it happens! Vogue UK said Kate was attending a luncheon a couple of weeks ago and it was Camilla.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »

Remember Diana's royal rookie year? She worked her ass of. I'm sure Diana is not pleased in her heaven. SHE always had such sense of duty.
willywonka85

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »

Remember Diana's royal rookie year? She worked her ass of. I'm sure Diana is not pleased in her heaven. SHE always had such sense of duty.

But, Diana was married to the heir to the throne, not the heir's heir.  Charles was a full time working royal when Diana married him, so she became a full time working royal also.  William has a full time job in the military, and the Palace have been open about the fact that Kate would not work full time as a royal just yet.  She and William are being given time to enjoy the first few years of married life in much the same way as Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip were - acknowledged by the Queen as the happiest years of her life.

I think they're getting the balance just about right now.  The Queen and DoE are still working as hard as ever, Charles and Camilla seem to be getting even busier, there's Andrew and the Wessexes as well.  There's no need for Will and Kate to be full time working royals just yet.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »

No need to work fulltime? She is not even working half time. Why shouldn't she work? She is part of the royal family  -it's what they do to earn the status they have in society. It is not as if she has so many other important things to do. Frankly I'm sick of young princesses who don't take their job serious and who are more preoccupied with dieting and flipping their hair!
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

So let me get this straight ....When it comes to getting perks ; people don't mind that she is married to the heir of the heir but when it comes to work and taking responsibility she is suddenly married to the heir of the heir and she should  take it easy. Crazy
PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »

What else she has to do beside work? Kids - no, studies - no, other work like will - no. Come on, smiling and accepting the flowers are not that hard.

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 04:17:57 PM »

WeeWillyWaity are a newly married couple and it's right and proper they have time to get to know each other, in a biblical sense, get used to living together and enjoy time alone out of the spotlight.

Some people here act as if they've know each other intimately for years, even a decade  Laugh bounce

Crap Snare

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
willywonka85

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »

All couples have to take time getting used to being married.  Living together is not the same as being married.  In this particular case, in marrying William Kate's life will have changed radically.  She's no longer a private citizen, she's a public one; she's now got security following her 24 hours a day.  She's having to learn something of the 'Firm', how it works and her part in it (we know Sir David Manning has been meeting with her to discuss the constitution, diplomatic and foreign affairs).  She can't just nip out to the shops on a whim, all her movements will have to be cleared with her security in advance.

Like it or not, Kate's life will have changed a great deal since marrying William.  The Queen got a few years after she 1st married, to be the wife of a sailor first and foremost, without the pressure of daily public engagements.  William and Kate are being allowed the same experience.

The heir to the throne has a specific role which it is expected they wil fulfil.  The heir to the heir is slightly different, as they can't be seen to be overshadowing the heir.  There are plenty of royals working full time in the UK.  The Queen and Prince Charles are obviously supportive of this course of action and I don't sense any public discontent with it either. 
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »

All couples have to take time getting used to being married. 

I got used to being married working full time. It didn't hurt me one bit Whistle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: