Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter & Autumn Phillips News  (Read 89701 times)
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »

Peter Phillips is trotted out as a royal family success story because his father refused a title when he married Anne so the kids are normal quote unquote. That should be re evaluated because they are all in the inner circle and this kind of business where he profits to market his granny is unsavory. I do think he is a very nice man and Autumn seems real and genuine and goodness knows their girls are adorable.

I never could understand why Peter and Zara are worshiped in the manner they tend to be. They are only marginally better than the Yorkies, mainly because they don't trot out that "but I'm a blood Princess" nonsense. They have both profited from media coverage over their adulthood that at points have been solely based on who granny is. It doesn't matter that they don't have a title. We all know who they are. IMO the Linleys and Chattos are more of an example to be held up to minor royals as to how to behave in business. I think the proof of how privileged Peter really is came in his quote from earlier this week when he couldn't understand why his company shouldn't have profited from Grannys birthday party, because it was HIS idea.  Roll Eyes  oh please.

smf3000

Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2016, 05:55:26 PM »

I agree JAS Star

It all smacks of corruption. Charging CHARITIES for lunch?

Yes, indeed. How much *is* Peter Phillips getting paid for this?

It sets a TERRIBLE precedent.

Paying to get close to the Royal family?!

These are charity workers, not millionaires. So the usual charity dinners where the rich are fleeced of 1000 bucks for 5 star cuisine and a limp, uninteresting convo, with a minor Royal is ...understandable  Roll Eyes

BUT

You should NOT have to PAY to:

see
talk to
or
catch a glimpse of your own Head of State.

No no no  Nono
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2016, 06:30:37 AM »

His company also arranges the horse show at Anne's estate. 

I agree both Zara and Peter have benefitted from the relatives - would we really know who Zara is as an equestrian if she had not her famous Nanny?  Would she have the range rover deal if not being the Queen's granddaughter?

However - I must say at least Zara works and appears to work pretty hard.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2016, 09:53:31 AM »

Star LC, LW and SMF

Excellent points  Thumb up

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »

All seems highly corrupt not to mention the event itself was lame. I hate the idea that the charities have to pay tribute to QEII when it should be the RF working for the charities. Hate how they're turning her into a living god in recent years. Of course her family has huge vested interest in pulling that off.  Snare

I agree about the event: http://www.thepatronslunch.com

The exorbitant fee is to raise $$ to fund a new fund: the patron's fund:
The Patron?s Fund has been established to support the charitable organisations across the UK and the Commonwealth for which Her Majesty The Queen acts as a Patron.

The Patron?s Lunch has chosen this charity to celebrate the work of the many charities supported by The Queen and to raise funds that will provide a tangible legacy on the occasion of Her Majesty?s 90th birthday. More than 350 Patron?s Charities will have the opportunity to apply for a share of the fund, subject to meeting the funding criteria.

The Patron?s Fund will distribute all donations within 12 months of The Patron?s Lunch. A full report on how the funds have been distributed and the difference they will make in communities across the UK and the Commonwealth will be shared on this website.

Registered Charity No. 1164171

The whole thing could be a Monty Python sketch: we are bringing all the Queen's charities together, and charging a fee, to raise money for the Queen's charities (not yours, well maybe) and to eat cheese and drink Pimms. And you need to give back the basket when you are done with it. No brollies please, we will be supplying plastic bags! 
elib

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2016, 03:35:01 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/ne...-phillips-royal-1.3625424
Not sure if this interview is posted. Autumn was interviewed along Peter. She gave a more British accent on her first question, then she just returned to her normal Canadian accent once the interviewer said she is canadian.
Kimothy

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »

Not sure if this interview is posted. Autumn was interviewed along Peter. She gave a more British accent on her first question, then she just returned to her normal Canadian accent once the interviewer said she is canadian.

This is so sweet!  Thank you for sharing, elib!  Smiley
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: August 21, 2016, 04:43:12 AM »

This is so sweet!  Thank you for sharing, elib!  Smiley

To defend Autumn,  she's been living in England for some time now. It's possible she's unconsciously picked up the accent.

Eya

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: March 06, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »

Cutie girls!!

http://www.dailymail.co.u...children-point-point.html
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: March 06, 2017, 05:42:31 PM »

\

Thank goodness the DM went back and reworked this article.  Originally, they named Autumn as "Princess Phillips", Savannah was the "Queen's first grandchild" and the Princess Royal was "Ann".

The DM is quickly becoming known as the place for bad writers, speculation and good laughs.

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »

Peter Philips's firm was paid ?750K to organise the queen's party:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39183622

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: