Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm rises over royal wardrobe....  (Read 7414 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

I suspect that MM has a much higher opinion than anybody else of the value of the "work" she does Whistle
leatherface

Large Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »

I suspect that MM has a much higher opinion than anybody else of the value of the "work" she does Whistle

Her WORK amounts to being a Royal Highness,wife of the CP who can string two sentences together and is let out of the country on her own.
RoyalDish.com
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »

Tinika

Large Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »

It's easy to comment about clothes when there isn't much else to say.  She hasn't shown much substance or personality, so she really shouldn't be offended that people discuss her wardrobe.  Maybe she should do more; then people could talk about her actions. 

She really needs to stop complaining, IMO.

Agreed 100%. (And the same goes for Mary, Kate, and Charlene.) Star
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 01:35:47 PM »

Gosh, what would Norwegians think about Mary? But I agree, there should be accountability.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »

I agree with everyone that M-M should do something worth talking about if she doesn't want people discussing her clothes.  I also feel that the brunt of this criticism should be spread around a little more and not just heaped onto her head alone.  This greedy behavior didn't happen in a bubble.  I doubt M-M sneaked every new dress or pair of shoes into the house under her baggy coats (Hey! That might explain the ill-fitting clothes!).  Too many other people in power had to know what was happening over the past 12 years and, if they didn't put an end to it, they are just as culpable as she IMO.
joys54

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »

I agree with everyone that M-M should do something worth talking about if she doesn't want people discussing her clothes.  I also feel that the brunt of this criticism should be spread around a little more and not just heaped onto her head alone.  This greedy behavior didn't happen in a bubble.  I doubt M-M sneaked every new dress or pair of shoes into the house under her baggy coats (Hey! That might explain the ill-fitting clothes!).  Too many other people in power had to know what was happening over the past 12 years and, if they didn't put an end to it, they are just as culpable as she IMO.
Good post Star, and how nice to see you on RD again UB! Jumping Have I maybe missed some of
your posts or is this your first one in awhile??  Good to see you again...
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »

pretty Betty! so great to see you  Hug Supercontent Supercontent Supercontent

At war no one wins

leatherface

Large Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:20 PM »

welcome back Betty
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:15 AM »

Thank you, everyone!!  It's good to be here and try to catch up on so many changes and events and such!!   Star

joy, that was my first (or second) in a long time.  I check things out but can never get through so many huge threads in one sitting so posting has been really challenging.  Smiley
wisdomheaven

Medium Member

Viva El Rey y La Reina!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:27 AM »

I don't mind large sums spent on clothes by individuals with a very public role. Michelle Obama is always rided for how much she spends on clothes, but if she didn't look good she would also be critiqued to no end. If I was constantly in the public eye my clothing bills would be large too because of how much pressure there is on these ladies to style mavans.

BUT, MM spends a lot of money on clothes and STILL looks like shit. That is more offensive to me than anything else  Blink
joys54

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 06:02:04 AM »

Thank you, everyone!!  It's good to be here and try to catch up on so many changes and events and such!!   Star

joy, that was my first (or second) in a long time.  I check things out but can never get through so many huge threads in one sitting so posting has been really challenging.  Smiley
I know what you mean about all of the threads...but we're just glad to see you again
jigmesjigga

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »

I don't know if MM should get the full blame for not declaring these things.  Before she married, did she even have a real job?  A job where she made enough money where she had to declare wages for tax purposes?  I suspect she's not the type of person who would have ever recorded stuff in a check register or kept track of expenses.  The royal household that watches over them would seem to be the people who would be responsible for this sort of thing anyway, so royal officials should definitely be blamed for this.

I agree though that it is hilarious that they are saying she's giving designers free advertising - she's got to be the worst walking billboard for "Fashion".  She looks awful most of the time.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »

Wonderful to see you, Betty!  Thumb up Banana

However, while I agree with the overall gist I do disagree with culpability. AFAIK M-M is an adult woman of sound mind and capable of making decisions herself. Ultimately it's her decision to spend money on these items.

For all we know she may have been advised not to go crazy spending money and has chosen to ignore it.

“The truth is not simply what you think it is; it is also the circumstances in which it is said, and to whom, why, and how it is said.”
Kemenate

Baby Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/56110/vogue-redaktoer-forsvarer-mette-marits-ekslusive-designer-garderobe
  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: