Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norwegian Royal News  (Read 260598 times)
jigmesjigga

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: February 03, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »

King Harald was voted the most admired man in Norway :

I find this results quite surprising as not even Haakon is in the Top 10.

I have to say that this is such a random list that I imagine people voting were given a choice of X number of people - so probably no write-ins.  If you asked Americans who was most admired, I doubt they would include a king a queen or a Norwegian chess champion!  So I would take it with a grain of salt.  I'll bet the Queen, MM and even ML weren't even choices on the list to choose from.
myloveforroyals

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: February 03, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »

King Harald was voted the most admired man in Norway :

I find this results quite surprising as not even Haakon is in the Top 10.

I have to say that this is such a random list that I imagine people voting were given a choice of X number of people - so probably no write-ins.  If you asked Americans who was most admired, I doubt they would include a king a queen or a Norwegian chess champion!  So I would take it with a grain of salt.  I'll bet the Queen, MM and even ML weren't even choices on the list to choose from.

Well, according to YouGov :

"HOW WE DID IT –

In December YouGov gathered open-ended nominations from panellists across 34 countries, asking them simply: “Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?” These nominations were then used to compile a list of the 25 men and 25 women who received the most nominations and were nominated in at least 2 countries. An additional 5 popular local figures were added to the lists for individual countries.

In January, 23 of the 34 countries were polled again in representative* surveys, where respondents were asked two questions: “who do you truly admire?”, where they could make multiple selections, and “who do you MOST admire?”, where they could pick only one. These two numbers were then combined into the score (displayed to the right of each name above.)

By asking respondents those two questions, we can understand both the breadth (i.e. global reach) and the intensity of a person's support, which we regard as both important measures.

Altogether, we polled in countries that constitute nearly two-thirds of the world's population. However, some parts of the world were better represented than others, so we weighted up the impact certain countries had on the final scores and weighted down others so the global scores more accurately reflect the breakdown of sentiment in the world overall.  "

So the nomination were open and that means that even if Haakon, MM, the Queen or ML were choose by Nowegians at the first round of vote ,   either they were part of the 5 popular local figures ( because I doubt they were nominated in at least 2 countriesà and they weren't choose in the 2nd round by Norwegians or they didn't even make it to the 2nd Round...

At least, that's what I understand for the YouGov site , maybe I'm wrong ?

jigmesjigga

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »

Well, in that case, the five Norwegian choices were King Harald, Magnus Carlsson, Gro Harlem Bruntland, Marit Bjoergen, and Therese Johaug (these last two I had to look up but they Norwegian athletes who I had never heard of) and/or Erna Solberg. And they are all on the lists.  So who do you think was a write-in candidate for Norway?  (Just asking, out of curiosity for any Norwegian dishers...)
Sparky

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: February 03, 2015, 11:26:34 PM »

MM just couldn't be happier each time a relative of Haakon's bites the dust?  Real mad I'm sorry but seeing that skank smile away like the cat who got the cream at funerals (when it's not her family) just makes me think not all is alright inside her head. I can understand small kids laughing and smiling because they don't really understand the situation and their reactions are sometimes the opposite of what is expected of them but a grown woman in her forties...? Well she's just all kinds of evil it seems.

ITA. It's no surprise, parasitic climbers like her didn't get to were they are by being truthful, nice and having a heart of gold. She's no Cinderella.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: