Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard interview  (Read 994 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »

Anyone watching the Jaycee Dugard interview on 20/20 right now?  I'm sitting here watching it and I'm just amazed at how strong she is, and how she is a much better person than I am when it comes to not wanting to see Philip Garrido die a slow painful death after having been raped everyday by a gang of nasty hairy prisoners (that's what I think he deserves; and in my perfect world, that is what would happen to anyone who rapes and imprisons a child). 

I'm even more amazed at what her therapists have been able to accomplish.  She seems like a remarkably stable, healthy person.  I can't imagine what she went through. No

If you're on the west coast (US), check out 20/20 tonight.  This interview is really interesting Yes

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
royalwatcher2010

Large Member

Canada Canada

Yellow Pride!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 05:04:58 AM »

I just finished watching and am amazed how composed she was in speaking of her ordeal. I watched a woman have a meltdown in the grocery store this evening because she didn't think the fresh corn looked fresh and then I watched Jaycee. Says something about both parties.

I'll be honest and say I don't really understand the phenom of forgiveness. If I were her, I'd want that ass to suffer (and his wife, too, whom in my opinion shares a burden of guilt as well).  

cowgrrl

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »

I can't speak to Jaycees situation but I have been in a situation where I decided to forgive someone who had wronged myself & others numerous times. It wasn't about them but about me deciding to not let them have so much control over my actions & emotions. I still haven moments of anger & frustration but it doesn't control me.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:37:05 AM »

I just finished watching and am amazed how composed she was in speaking of her ordeal. I watched a woman have a meltdown in the grocery store this evening because she didn't think the fresh corn looked fresh and then I watched Jaycee. Says something about both parties.

I'll be honest and say I don't really understand the phenom of forgiveness. If I were her, I'd want that ass to suffer (and his wife, too, whom in my opinion shares a burden of guilt as well).  

I don't understand it either, especially in extreme cases like this Star  I personally would love to hear that those two monsters are suffering from some kind of torture, and I'm not even involved in this case.  I have a very difficult time understanding forgiveness.  Cowgrrl, you are a better person than me Star  I have a very hard time getting over instances where people have hurt me.  It's a big personality flaw that I have.  Jaycee must be one of the strongest people on earth.  I truly don't think I would have survived something like that. 

I would love to know how her daughters are coping with this.  She mentioned that they were in public school and doing well.  I'd love to know what they think of their father. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Cloaked

Humongous Member

Fiji Fiji

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »

Yes, I wonder the same about Jaycee's girls, Pixiecat.
Her daughters are two very good reasons for Jaycee to be so strong and courageous.

Thumb up to you, Cowgirl. I admire you for being brave.

It takes people like Cowgirl and Jaycee to make sure that Philip Garrido and his type don't wreck years and years of their innocent victim's lives.
I do believe in the full force of the law coming down on such sickos though. 
cowgrrl

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

I want to be really clear that my situation wasn't & still isn't in the same universe as what happened to Jaycee. I knew someone who was being self-destructive & that pattern of behavior was & still is hurting people I love & care about. After years of focusing anger towards that person I decided to focus love towards those who were being hurt by this persons thoughtless actions & words. Its not perfect (nor am I) & I still get very angry with this person sometimes but I'm trying to still focus more on showing love towards those who have been hurt the most.
Mille

Gigantic Member

Denmark Denmark

Meary at the beach

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »

I can't speak to Jaycees situation but I have been in a situation where I decided to forgive someone who had wronged myself & others numerous times. It wasn't about them but about me deciding to not let them have so much control over my actions & emotions. I still haven moments of anger & frustration but it doesn't control me.

Good for you Hug

"She isnīt wearing ANYTHING", said a young child

The empress shuddered, for she knew that they were right, but she thought, "The procession must go on!" She carried herself even more proudly, and the chamberlains walked along behind carrying the train that wasn't there.

H.C. Andersen
royalwatcher2010

Large Member

Canada Canada

Yellow Pride!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »

I don't understand it either, especially in extreme cases like this Star  I personally would love to hear that those two monsters are suffering from some kind of torture, and I'm not even involved in this case. I have a very difficult time understanding forgiveness.  Cowgrrl, you are a better person than me Star I have a very hard time getting over instances where people have hurt me.  It's a big personality flaw that I have.  Jaycee must be one of the strongest people on earth.  I truly don't think I would have survived something like that.  

I would love to know how her daughters are coping with this.  She mentioned that they were in public school and doing well.  I'd love to know what they think of their father.  

Star cowgrrl... for doing something I struggle with, and  Star Pixie for your candor,

For me, forgiveness is making the other party so insignificant they are no longer a part of my current tense active thought process. And for me, forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting.

Because I don't.

I just let people think it's not important anymore.

Then I go out of my way to make sure they see me smile when it's their turn.

Anywho, happy weekend ladies!
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »

Perfectly said.  Star You cannot move on if you donīt forgive - it is a necessity for YOU, not for the perpetrator.

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: