Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Empty Eyes  (Read 5658 times)
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »

I don't believe any checks were made outside Mary's immediate family.

Quite the contrast from in the UK where every one of Kate's ancestors, no matter living or dead, were dug up and scrutinised and put on reality tv  Laugh bounce

It's too bad they didn't do closer checks-they would have found the child rapist in her family tree.  Now, I'm not insinuating that Mary displays any of these tendencies at all.  I'm just saying that if we compare her family dysfunction with Kate's, I'd be less ashamed of the coke addict uncle (Kate's) and more ashamed/horrified of the child rapist (Mary's relative). 
I didn't know about the child rapist. I am trying to find info on it. Terrible!
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

Good post, pocahontas!  Thumb up

Do medical checks even really occur? Lots of people claimed they happened because of the stories about Diana's "virginity checks" but even she denied that any virgnity checks had taken place in later years. I always thought the idea of a medical was more of an urban legend than an actual event, although I could well be wrong about that. Moreover they won't be able to predict any future medical issues that may arise.

Either way, as poca said mental illness is not something that will necessarily be picked up by a straightforward medical. Diana's bulimia and Masako's anxiety/depression manifested themselves after the marriage AFAIK.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:10:42 PM by Little_star » Logged

“The truth is not simply what you think it is; it is also the circumstances in which it is said, and to whom, why, and how it is said.”
RoyalDish.com
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »

Here's one of the topics about Mary's cousin
http://royaldish.com/index.php/topic,1273.0.html

She was seen with him long after the inital arrests were made. IMRIC he even attended events in Denmark.

Billed Bladet's journalist Anna Johannesen even did an interview with Brendan and his wife where they talked about how difficult the charges had been Dead
http://danishroyalwatcher...6/12/next-roundup-12.html

“The truth is not simply what you think it is; it is also the circumstances in which it is said, and to whom, why, and how it is said.”
Royalfan 72

Huge Member

Germany Germany

I tell you a secret...I hate beeing royal....

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »

The medical history of a royal bride would have been checked. They wouldn´t have accepted a woman with mental issues - Mary has no mental illness, she is just a stupid cow, that´s all.

That's how it is!

Chacun à son goût!
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »

TY Little Star for the link  Star
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

The medical history of a royal bride would have been checked. They wouldn´t have accepted a woman with mental issues - Mary has no mental illness, she is just a stupid cow, that´s all.

Mental illness would only be detected in her history if she got professional help - and even then it might be hard to uncover confidential info. Many people who need therapy never get it. But yes, they probably did a background check, but it must've been cursory. Even setting aside mental illness, you don't have to dig deep to discover her un-classy background: dubious friends Amber Petty and sex industry roommate Andrew Miles, a professional career that was going nowhere, Starmakers courses, her very tacky appearance, unpaid credit card bills, no savings, a social climbing lifestyle, bogan relatives, living off rich boyfriends, etc. And if I met her, I'd be put off by her lack of manners, inability to make intelligent conversation, and arrogance. All of this was easy to discover, and if my kid, the prince, was dating such a person, I wouldn't let a wedding go forward. Allowing herself to be supported by a prince would've been a huge red flag. A kept woman is far from being suitable for any kid of mine.

You don't need to add mental illness to the mix to reject Mary as a suitable wife and royal. There were many other good reasons to do so.

Good post

Star

What on earth was Marge thinking?! On what planet is what you describe more suitable CP material than a homegrown girl who happened to have modelled a bit of lingerie before going on to uni??
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:12 AM »

What on earth was Marge thinking?!

dear Thrills...the operative word is: thinking

if Daisy was thinking at all...she would have prevented this fertiliser from happening  Crap Dead

G Snare Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:36 AM »

The only possible reason I can think of for Marge to have approved Mary is that she knew Jokke's divorce was coming and wanted a diversion. She obviously knew the divorce would be announced soon and she wanted to press and the people to concentrate on something else. I can't see no other reason for her to approve of someone so obviously inappropriate.
pocahontas

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »

The only possible reason I can think of for Marge to have approved Mary is that she knew Jokke's divorce was coming and wanted a diversion. She obviously knew the divorce would be announced soon and she wanted to press and the people to concentrate on something else. I can't see no other reason for her to approve of someone so obviously inappropriate.

I agree. QM was afraid of the effect the first divorce in 300 years would have on the DRF. She was not only prepared to accept Mary, but she probably encouraged the campaign to make her seem more suitable. The sugary Marymentary depicting a close Boganson family. The embellished resume. Mary's initial denials about Starmakers happening after she met Fred. The million dollar makeover. The bottomless wardrobe budget.

Turns out, everyone involved in the divorce emerged the better for it. Alex and Joachim are happier with their new spouses. Nik and Felix are happy too. Now they have a French DIL who has provided two more grandchildren and who seems more naturally suitable for the role of princess than Mary.

The fears were unfounded. I wonder how Marge feels now.
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

With as amicable as Jokke and Alex's divorce seemed to be I think they (the RF) could have gotten through it relatively unscathed. I think adding Mary to the family was a huge miscalculation on Marge's part. Personally I don't think Freddie ever wanted to marry her,I think she was just a way of tick mommy off. I don't think he ever believed Marge would permit the marriage. Of course I could be wrong and he was madly in love with her but I just can't see it.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »

Everyone knew. The DRF signed the papers for Alex's new home the day of F&M's wedding apparently. So the divorce etc would have been in the pipeline for at least a year before the 2004 wedding.

Btw. ITA. Smiley

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »

I don't think QMII feared/fears anyone.
She has it more in her head that's she's got authority/clout/influence/power than Mary.
Remember the video bit where QMII mocked Mary when Mary asked about wearing a hat for some visit?
QMII sees right through Mary - superficiality, shallowness, camera-whoring, etc.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »

Yet her mania for making love to a camera is a little over the top.  And she does seem bothered by all of her peer princesses, inferiority complex.  But these issues likely came after the wedding when she had a chance to see what she really got into.  Cool

Star

I don't believe any checks were made outside Mary's immediate family. Quite the contrast from in the UK where every one of Kate's ancestors, no matter living or dead, were dug up and scrutinised and put on reality tv  Laugh bounce

Laugh bounce Star

"Every once in a while a dog enters your life - and changes everything!"
Miss Marple

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »

I know I have written that before - but honestly, who would have Fred? He always seems to be like a 16 year old, not able to take responsibility. If you compare him to Hakoon or Felipe, they are maturing into statesmen, but Fred always looks out of place, he acts like he is 16 at times. For any woman it would be very difficult to lead a balanced relationship with him. And then he picks up this girl in a bar ...

Jokke has a better hand for picking wives, even though with Alex I think he really got her best years. Marie is nice and I hope she stays that way (I did not like the posing with the baby episode).
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 04:17:50 AM »

A few of us didn't like the posing with the baby of Marie's. Fred is a sook, this crying business is out of control. I wonder if he does in fact suffer depression again, as he has before. It might explain the constant need for tears. Perhaps Mary is fed up with it. She seems to be the strong one in the relationship.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: