Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Harry be allowed to marry a Woman of Colour  (Read 113897 times)
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2016, 12:50:54 PM »

IMO Charles could marry Camilla after their divorces because there was no chance of kids who would be in line to the throne.
With that said, I don't see a big issue with Marbles being divorced, Spain has a divorced Queen and Harry is just the 5th in line (and will fall further as the years go by)
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »

In this day and age if the BRF turned down a request to marry a woman of color they would be seen as anachronistic.  Especially regarding Harry, the open savior of the BRF image.  IMHO he and Ms. Markle haven't actually known each other long enough to be walking down that path.  At least they shouldn't be at this point in time.  But that's my opinion.  If he asks for permission it will happen.  Regardless of the hand wringing that may go on behind closed doors.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: November 09, 2016, 07:22:52 PM »

If Charles could marry Camilla, his divorced lover, then I don't think the palace would have a problem with someone fifth in line to the throne marrying whom they want, as long as they weren't an axe murderer.  I think it's more of an issue that she is a divorcee rather than biracial. 

Evidently, she does a lot of humanitarian work, so good for Harry for choosing someone who isn't superficial and spoiled.

Camilla was still a member of the aristocracy. Divorced or not. Waity (allegedly) has links to royalty through Sumo Mike. Don't be fooled into thinking the RF will be ok with this relationship.

There is an important difference, IMO, between Charles marrying a divorced woman and Harry marrying a divorced woman.  Charles was already divorced himself.  I personally, see no reason to look askance at one divorcee marrying another. But Harry has never been married. That makes it much different IMO.

Im sorry, Rebecca. I'm not sure what your point is. Do you mean that Harry will be allowed to marry a divorcee (without the RF's approval) because he's never been married?

DebbieB, what about a wedding not in church? Would there be a difference if she is divorced like there was with Leti of Spain who was also married before?

Hi Suzy. I cannot see how the RF would be ok with Harry marrying a divorcee, in church or not. I bet Whiny is revelling in this news though.  Grin

Oh, I meant, if her first marriage was a civil wedding. In my country neither the catholic church nor the protestant have a problem with a divorced person if it was a civil wedding. For both churches such a marriage doesn't count and she would not be divorced in their eyes. Does it make a difference in the UK?

That principle applies in most countries, where state and church have been separated. It does apply in the UK, if you get married in a church it is not legally binding, and if you marry at the registry office, it is not churchly binding.
But in France for example, when you marry in a church, you are automatically legally married.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that if you marry in a church in the UK it's not legally binding?  It absolutely is.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Cindy
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

I think people "making a mountain out of a molehill". I don't think she's divorced or bi racial is a problem. Times have changed. The prince of Sweden did not marry a stripper? And it would be too hypocritical not to allow Harry to marry a divorcee, whereas in the royal family there are several divorced. And Harry is the 5th in succession to the throne, he will never be king. And I don't believe that they are racist, especially since the girl is also a daughter of irish and quite attractive.Many people say that she is not what she appears to be, but maybe she is that way. A sincere woman, interested in humanitarian causes, why not give her a credit instead of throwing stones ? I don't think Harry is an idiot and he seems very interested in her. I've never seen him expose a relationship like that or go out so much in defense of someone. And I also disagree that waity is having fun. I think Kate must be very worried, because if this girl joins the royal family, she will be totally overshadowed by her
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: November 10, 2016, 07:38:57 AM »

For goodness sake. Their cousin is married to a Maori. Never an issue.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »

And that concludes this conversation, this is the comment that wins today!  Thumb up  Star What else could anyone add after it? Nothing IMO.

Seriously, how long will this thread drag on...? I really don't see the point. From this point onwards it will just be useless yada yada.
Queen Barbara

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »

And that concludes this conversation, this is the comment that wins today!  Thumb up  Star What else could anyone add after it? Nothing IMO.

Seriously, how long will this thread drag on...? I really don't see the point. From this point onwards it will just be useless yada yada.
The end
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #577 on: November 10, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »

A suggestion: no one here is forcing you to post in the thread. You don't have to read it either. We don't police the board to check which threads are ok to keep posting in so there's no place for you to do so either.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »

A suggestion: no one here is forcing you to post in the thread. You don't have to read it either. We don't police the board to check which threads are ok to keep posting in so there's no place for you to do so either.

Not an attempt at policing, just an observation. Sorry if it seemed that way! If I was telling people what to do, it would be clear and there would be no room for interpretations I assure you. I was not and will not! But I know how much you dislike me and my writing (I wish there was a way to start over without all the animosities) and I make you mad all the time so I will refrain from posting on this one again.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #579 on: November 10, 2016, 07:22:43 PM »

Not an attempt at policing, just an observation. Sorry if it seemed that way! If I was telling people what to do, it would be clear and there would be no room for interpretations I assure you. I was not and will not! But I know how much you dislike me and my writing (I wish there was a way to start over without all the animosities) and I make you mad all the time so I will refrain from posting on this one again.

Over and over and over again you seem to NEED to have the last word or to turn the discussion into being about YOU. It's SO tireing. Just stay on the bloddy topic and care less about what other posters think. This board is about ROYALS after all, stop making it about you! Next time you go.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: November 21, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »

I'm finding the idea that Prince Harry would reject a woman that he fell in love with on the grounds of race totally offensive, sorry. And the implication that the royal family are racists, by the posing of the very question.
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »

Hester, please don't be sorry. I, for one, totally and absolutely agree and I am not sorry. I can't find LDJJ's post,  but she summed it up. She wanted to stop making this about race, or words to that effect. Anyway, for what it's worth from me a  Star for you.

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: November 30, 2016, 04:13:20 PM »

If Charles could marry Camilla, his divorced lover, then I don't think the palace would have a problem with someone fifth in line to the throne marrying whom they want, as long as they weren't an axe murderer.  I think it's more of an issue that she is a divorcee rather than biracial. 

Evidently, she does a lot of humanitarian work, so good for Harry for choosing someone who isn't superficial and spoiled.

Camilla was still a member of the aristocracy. Divorced or not. Waity (allegedly) has links to royalty through Sumo Mike. Don't be fooled into thinking the RF will be ok with this relationship.

There is an important difference, IMO, between Charles marrying a divorced woman and Harry marrying a divorced woman.  Charles was already divorced himself.  I personally, see no reason to look askance at one divorcee marrying another. But Harry has never been married. That makes it much different IMO.

Im sorry, Rebecca. I'm not sure what your point is. Do you mean that Harry will be allowed to marry a divorcee (without the RF's approval) because he's never been married?

DebbieB, what about a wedding not in church? Would there be a difference if she is divorced like there was with Leti of Spain who was also married before?

Hi Suzy. I cannot see how the RF would be ok with Harry marrying a divorcee, in church or not. I bet Whiny is revelling in this news though.  Grin

Oh, I meant, if her first marriage was a civil wedding. In my country neither the catholic church nor the protestant have a problem with a divorced person if it was a civil wedding. For both churches such a marriage doesn't count and she would not be divorced in their eyes. Does it make a difference in the UK?

That principle applies in most countries, where state and church have been separated. It does apply in the UK, if you get married in a church it is not legally binding, and if you marry at the registry office, it is not churchly binding.
But in France for example, when you marry in a church, you are automatically legally married.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that if you marry in a church in the UK it's not legally binding?  It absolutely is.

So you could only do the church wedding to be "sufficient" married?

In the Netherlands the civil wedding is legally binding, the religious wedding is a nice extra and churchly binding (not legally binding according to Dutch law). When people have both a civil and church wedding, they first do the civil one followed by the church one. Many I know do it on the same day, while others spread it. For example my parents had their civil wedding a day before the church wedding. The civil one was a small ceremony, while the church wedding was in full wedding outfit, all the guests and the party afterwards. As their wedding day they maintain the church wedding date, but according to the Dutch law they were married the day before.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: December 02, 2016, 03:08:35 AM »

This is so bizarre for an American. We have a church or justice of the peace wedding ( civil) but both are legal.
So there only the civil union counts?

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: December 02, 2016, 03:15:55 AM »

Isn't this what Albert and Charlene of Monaco did too?  In the U.S., church or justice of the peace you have to have a marriage license.  Get that and someone ordained/licensed to perform the ceremony and you're good to go.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: