Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Astrid & Family News  (Read 23767 times)
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Amadeo is not interested in snakes. Cool Nono

I heard that he is very much taken Crap Cry But good thing is that she is very discrete and definetely not another snakey Thumb up
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Amadeo is not interested in snakes. Cool Nono

I heard that he is very much taken Crap Cry But good thing is that she is very discrete and definetely not another snakey Thumb up

He's only 26, a lot can happen still as far as him being taken goes...  Whistle
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »

I remember reading awhile back that he was shacked up with an older Italian woman...that can't be correct...right??! Yikes No
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 06:53:42 PM »

I think Laura is actually living in Shanghai. The children of Astrid and Lorenz seem to be intelligent, well-educated and most importantly seem to have their hearts and heads in the right place.

They've figured out that they'd better not count on tax money and a lot of royal duties, at least. When you think about it, they're in the same position as the York girls, but they're not clinging to the royal life with teeth and claws. Amedeo especially; they had him in line to succeed Philippe eventually until Elisabeth was born, and he got the full heir-to-the-heir education and attention for a large part of his life. It's good to see that he isn't insisting on it and that he does his own thing instead. 

One can say a lot about the Habsburgs and for my taste some of them are a little too catholic but all of them seem to be very well educated and successful at their jobs. They left Austria with close to nothing but most of them became quite successful businessmen so they can afford the life they live today and do not clinge onto a throne that does not exist anymore and likely will never come back, unlike certain other former reigning families Whistle

He's only 26, a lot can happen still as far as him being taken goes...  Whistle

Secret So much taken as in there won't be another girl Secret He's a Habsburg after all and they like to get married young and to have lots of (cute) children.

I remember reading awhile back that he was shacked up with an older Italian woman...that can't be correct...right??! Yikes No

I heard an Italian girl but I don't know anything about her age.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »

One can say a lot about the Habsburgs and for my taste some of them are a little too catholic but all of them seem to be very well educated and successful at their jobs. They left Austria with close to nothing but most of them became quite successful businessmen so they can afford the life they live today and do not clinge onto a throne that does not exist anymore and likely will never come back, unlike certain other former reigning families Whistle

If there's one thing the Habsburgs have always been over the centuries, it's pragmatic and adaptable. That, and a little too fond of incestuous marriages, but I think they've stopped that by now. 

He's only 26, a lot can happen still as far as him being taken goes...  Whistle

Secret So much taken as in there won't be another girl Secret He's a Habsburg after all and they like to get married young and to have lots of (cute) children.
Well, can't blame them for that, it's been the dynastic strategy for eight centuries and it's the inofficial family motto: Belli gerant alii, tu felix Austria nube - let others wage war, the Austrians marry instead (much simpler to conquer a country in bed than on the battlefield, after all...). Perhaps Amedeo isn't trying to marry himself a crown somewhere, but that family strategy must be bred into him.  Thinking

I heard an Italian girl but I don't know anything about her age.

Was that Italian girl/woman older than him ever confirmed? I've never seen an actual source for it, the rumour's just been floating around message boards for a while now. Because really, a proper, catholic Habsburg, shacking up with his girlfriend for years without marrying her? Now if he were a British prince I'd believe that, but with a Habsburg... Thinking
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:00:01 PM by Chriss » Logged
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »

Star Ladies all around for the information on this branch of the family. Albert and Paola certainly had their troubles during their marriage, but Phillipe and Astrid seem to have very warm and loving relationships with their own families.

Good for Astrid and Laurent for instilling the idea that even an Imperial and Royal status does not equal taxpayer support.  I wish their children well as they head out into the world.
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »

the tallest guy on the pic is just  

I think that Astrid's oldest, Amedeo, who works for Deloitte in NYC. If he were just a few years older, I would have to add him to my list.  Grin

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »

Star Ladies all around for the information on this branch of the family. Albert and Paola certainly had their troubles during their marriage, but Phillipe and Astrid seem to have very warm and loving relationships with their own families.

Good for Astrid and Laurent for instilling the idea that even an Imperial and Royal status does not equal taxpayer support.  I wish their children well as they head out into the world.

Hear, hear! These kids(Astrid and Lorenz's)have what is arguably the bluest blood among  all the current young Royals, but they are very intelligent and career oriented. Thumb up

Astrid refused to even wear a tiara to her wedding to Lorenz-even though she became both Imperial and Royal through the marriage, an Archduchess as well as Princess by birthright.

Considering the fact that they are the products of an unhappy(at least in the beginning)marriage, both Philippe and Astrid seem to have lucked out and hit the marital lottery.

Chriss-the gossip about Amadeo's Italian girlfriend is something I picked up on the Sugar Board of all places. I have no idea why he hasn't married her. Could it be that he is waiting for family approval first?  Confused

I have never even seen a photo of her.  Thinking

I do know that Amadeo is charming and kind...I read in "Royals" magazine about three years ago that during a garden party given by King Albert at Laeken Palace that was open to the public, Amadeo stood for hours agreeing to let starry-eyed young girls take his picture, and even taking pictures with them if they asked him to. 

Can anyone imagine Prince William doing something like that?? Not that Waity would ever have allowed it....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:34:34 PM by KittyHeaven » Logged
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »

Good for Astrid and Laurent for instilling the idea that even an Imperial and Royal status does not equal taxpayer support.  I wish their children well as they head out into the world.

Hear, hear! These kids(Astrid and Lorenz's)have what is arguably the bluest blood among  all the current young Royals, but they are very intelligent and career oriented. Thumb up

Astrid refused to even wear a tiara to her wedding to Lorenz-even though she became both Imperial and Royal through the marriage, an Archduchess as well as Princess by birthright.

Considering the fact that they are the products of an unhappy(at least in the beginning)marriage, both Philippe and Astrid seem to have lucked out and hit the marital lottery.

Chriss-the gossip about Amadeo's Italian girlfriend is something I picked up on the Sugar Board of all places. I have no idea why he hasn't married her. Could it be that he is waiting for family approval first?  Confused

I have never even seen a photo of her.  Thinking

It's just odd that he's rumoured to have a girlfriend for years and actually supposedly lives with her when he's part of a very catholic and conservative family, with a public image to uphold. I'd have expected something more like Guillaume and Stephanie - a very low-key relationship, with any *cough* overnight activities *cough* only happening after the marriage.  Secret

I do know that Amadeo is charming and kind...I read in "Royals" magazine about three years ago that during a garden party given by King Albert at Laeken Palace that was open to the public, Amadeo stood for hours agreeing to let starry-eyed young girls take his picture, and even taking pictures with them if they asked him to. 

Can anyone imagine Prince William doing something like that?? Not that Waity would ever have allowed it....

The poor guy! But it's really nice of him to do that.

I wonder how much we'll get to see of him in the next few years. There seems to be a family event once or twice a year where he turns up and where public photos are taken, but other than that he's successfully vanished off to have a private life and a career away from the public eye. A lot of other young(ish) European royals should take a good look at his example.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »

Chriss-he seems to fly very low beneath the radar doesn't he?? I can't believe that if he weren't more publicized he wouldn't become a very hot commodity in the tabloids. 

He's very tall, very handsome, very rich, and very, very Royal...the entire package. 

I'm hoping we will see Amadeo at GuiYUM's wedding in October. The Lux and Belgian Royals are very close, and since the bride-to-be is herself Belgian I think we will see a very strong turnout from the entire BRF, maybe even Queen Fabiola.  Smiley
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »

Chriss-he seems to fly very low beneath the radar doesn't he?? I can't believe that if he weren't more publicized he wouldn't become a very hot commodity in the tabloids. 

He's very tall, very handsome, very rich, and very, very Royal...the entire package. 

I'm hoping we will see Amadeo at GuiYUM's wedding in October. The Lux and Belgian Royals are very close, and since the bride-to-be is herself Belgian I think we will see a very strong turnout from the entire BRF, maybe even Queen Fabiola.  Smiley

He keeps showing up on the lists of hot, young royals, but other than that nobody seems to pay him much attention. Even those lists have pictures that are a few years out of date by now  The man is incredibly good at hiding from camera lenses - maybe he should consider a career change and try for the secret service.  Secret But for a royal of this generation, he's amazingly normal and not involved in any scandals, at least none that reach the press. Harry, take note!

And yes, hopefully he'll be there for the wedding! Astrid and Henri are cousins, so that's really a family matter for him. And if he can bring his mystery Italian, even better so we can get a look at her and dish!  Icecream

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 03:50:36 AM »

Congratulations Chriss on 500 posts! Star
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »

the tallest guy on the pic is just  

I think that Astrid's oldest, Amedeo, who works for Deloitte in NYC. If he were just a few years older, I would have to add him to my list.  Grin

Amedeo, what a nice name  Grin he seems to be an accomplished prince, it's so rare  Wink
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »

Congrats Chriss!  Star   Champagne

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium pose in Brussels in this handout picture made available June 4, 2012. Princess Astrid is celebrating her 50th birthday on June 5.

Mamie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »

Congrats Chriss!  Star   Champagne

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium pose in Brussels in this handout picture made available June 4, 2012. Princess Astrid is celebrating her 50th birthday on June 5.

Awww, they're so cute!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: