Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Dukedom Will Harry Get When He Gets Married?  (Read 61628 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »

Duke of Hotness
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »

Sadly not all title are free it list. The current Duke of Somerset is John Seymour and the current Duke of Bedford is Andrew Russell.

The assembled: (from left to right) 1. James Graham, 8th Duke of Montrose; 2. David Manners, 11th Duke of Rutland; 3. John Seymour, 19th Duke of Somerset; 4. Ralph Percy, 12th Duke of Northumberland; 5. Andrew Russell, 15th Duke of Bedford; 6. Edward Fizalan-Howard, 18th Duke of Norfolk; 7. Torquhil Campbell, 18th Duke of Argyll; 8. Maurice FitzGerald, 9th Duke of Leinster; 9. Murray Beauclerk, 14th Duke of St Albans; 10. Arthur Wellesey, 8th Duke of Wellington.

You know MWF, they look like they've gathered for a hooker partry 

Star for this gem of a photo Champagne

G Smiley

Maybe if I play with the contrast at Photoshop we see Sofia under the table  Halo  Star
PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »

Duke of Clarence + Clarence House as bonus. Or he will be just Prince henry of wales, his wife will be Princess Henry of Wales but everybody would call her just as princess, it will piss Kate out.

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

AFAIK if for example Madde marries in she is a Princess of her own right, but a commoner is Princess Henry.  Thinking
I think they will give him a Dukedom, but their children won´t be Prince and Princesses, like the Gloucesters I guess.
Scandinavian Princess

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »

What about "The Duke of Oxford" ( don't even know if the title exists  Confused ) ... but it is funny to imagine the rivalry between the duchess of Cambridge and the duchess of Oxford  
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

Maybe if I play with the contrast at Photoshop we see Sofia under the table  Halo  Star

Look who has joined the party Miss W  Banana

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

Maybe if I play with the contrast at Photoshop we see Sofia under the table  Halo  Star

Look who has joined the party Miss W  Banana

Well thank you Tatty! I'm no longer puzzled about the expression of Duke #9  Laughing

#1 and #3 aren't having such a bad time either 

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
tatty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »

What about "The Duke of Oxford" ( don't even know if the title exists  Confused ) ... but it is funny to imagine the rivalry between the duchess of Cambridge and the duchess of Oxford  

Sadly there's an Earl of Oxford - no matter who Harry marries the press will always make sure Waity comes out the winner,

Lolly

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »

Sadly there's an Earl of Oxford - no matter who Harry marries the press will always make sure Waity comes out the winner,

We'll see what Waity's reputation is when Harry marries. Even Diana was painted as too reserved when Fergie married in, and Fergie was a breath of fresh air.
tatty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »

Maybe if I play with the contrast at Photoshop we see Sofia under the table  Halo  Star

Well thank you Tatty! I'm no longer puzzled about the expression of Duke #9  Laughing

I was going to put her head in the lap of Number 9 - but I thought I'd play it subtle  Tongue

tatty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »

We'll see what Waity's reputation is when Harry marries. Even Diana was painted as too reserved when Fergie married in, and Fergie was a breath of fresh air.

Good point - if Harry can marry someone sane and canny unlike Fergie then Kate could be on the losers bench.

Lolly

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »

Good point - if Harry can marry someone sane and canny unlike Fergie then Kate could be on the losers bench.

Yes. The press can tear apart only so much. Unfortunately for Chelsy she liked to party, which was the one weakness the tabloids could really dig their claws into. Imagine Harry finds someone in the same general position - gets a good postrad degree, has a solid career history - who doesn't party or there's little evidence of it. Kate's going to be hard-pressed to compete.
julygal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »

I was going to put her head in the lap of Number 9 - but I thought I'd play it subtle  Tongue
  Well Number 9 is the descendent of Nell Gwynn - Charles II's mistress, so it would be sort of ancestral  Wink
PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 05:04:08 PM »

AFAIK if for example Madde marries in she is a Princess of her own right, but a commoner is Princess Henry.  Thinking
I think they will give him a Dukedom, but their children won´t be Prince and Princesses, like the Gloucesters I guess.

I am not sure if Maddie would be allowed to be Princess Madeline. There are two recent examples.

Prince Philip had to give up his Greek titles. It was his father in law who granted him the title upon marriage, as well as DOE, of Prince of the UK in his own right.

Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark married prince George, Duke of Kent. During his wife, and her early years as a widow, she was HRH The Duchess of Kent. When her son wed, she reverted back to her own personal title of HRH Princess Marina, Dowager Duchess of Kent.  But she had permission from the queen to do so, as there was a new Duchess of Kent.

Prince Harry's children would not be title prince or princess, as they gain their titles from their dad. Until Charles becomes king, and Harry's children are the grandchildren of the king, that is. Until set time, they'd be titled as children of the Duke, so Lady/lord, and the heir would have his lesser title.

I hope when succession laws change, some other rules change. Like only male-line grandchildren being HRH, and daughters not getting a dukedome of their own (Anne's husband turned down a title not her). It would be odd if Will has a daughter as his heir, but she gains no dukedome, and her children have no titles but a younger brother's children do.
Nice_Hat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

My vote goes for Duke of Sussex, very fitting, for many reasons. 

Duke of Hotness

This one too.  Jumping

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: