Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Hannover  (Read 17124 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

BUNTE de had an article in February about him not being well, and living like a recluse in Austria

Ernst August of Hanover - Disappeared!

Ernst August of Hanover was the heart of aristocratic society. We have not seen him since 2014.

When the family meets, there is often talk about the person who did not come. This was also the case in the beginning of February, when Alexandra zu Leiningen (57) buried her mother in law Princess Eilika (? 87) in Amorbach (Lower Franconia).

Ernst August Jr. (32), his brother Christian (30) and their mother Chantal Hochuli (60) paid their respects - only one did not: Alexandras brother Ernst August of Hanover (61). Ironically, he is the chief of the Guelph-house.

The prince has not appeared in public for over a year now. He had retired to his hunting residence in Austria and goes rarely out of the house, it was said at the funeral. He was in poor health and suffering from depression-like mood swings. If one tries to get in contact with him at retreat in Gruenau, the answer is silence. Too powerful his family is here. His solitary estate is in the forest, guarded by dogs and can only be reached via a private road. Only chosen ones are admitted.

What happened there - Why is one of the most important and powerful nobles of Europe suddenly shunning the public?

Is this code for "his drinking problem has gotten tremendously out of hand and he is in a serious health crisis"?  Or, he suffers from untreated mental illness? 

That's how I read it.

We all know he is a serious alcoholic, and with that addiction, comes a serious health risks. He is loving the bottle and his cigarettes for far too long, and I wouldn't be surprised if he developed a Alcoholic liver disease/Cirrhosis

Early symptoms include:
Fatigue and loss of energy
Poor appetite and weight loss
Nausea or belly pain
Small, red spider-like blood vessels on the skin

As liver function worsens, symptoms may include:
Fluid buildup of the legs (edema) and in the abdomen (ascites)
Yellow color in the skin, mucous membranes, or eyes (jaundice)
Redness on the palms of the hands
In men, impotence, shrinking of the testicles, and breast swelling
Easy bruising and abnormal bleeding
Confusion or problems thinking
Pale or clay-colored stools

it all fits

Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »

Let's hope the son doesn't end up like his dad. Does he drink/have scandal attached to his name?

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
AddiesGirl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »

BUNTE de had an article in February about him not being well, and living like a recluse in Austria

Ernst August of Hanover - Disappeared!

Ernst August of Hanover was the heart of aristocratic society. We have not seen him since 2014.

When the family meets, there is often talk about the person who did not come. This was also the case in the beginning of February, when Alexandra zu Leiningen (57) buried her mother in law Princess Eilika (? 87) in Amorbach (Lower Franconia).

Ernst August Jr. (32), his brother Christian (30) and their mother Chantal Hochuli (60) paid their respects - only one did not: Alexandras brother Ernst August of Hanover (61). Ironically, he is the chief of the Guelph-house.

The prince has not appeared in public for over a year now. He had retired to his hunting residence in Austria and goes rarely out of the house, it was said at the funeral. He was in poor health and suffering from depression-like mood swings. If one tries to get in contact with him at retreat in Gruenau, the answer is silence. Too powerful his family is here. His solitary estate is in the forest, guarded by dogs and can only be reached via a private road. Only chosen ones are admitted.

What happened there - Why is one of the most important and powerful nobles of Europe suddenly shunning the public?

Thanks Pede Star, I knew he'd been out of sight for a while, but I didn't know where he'd been hiding. Seems like we haven't seen him since his Octoberfest fling with Simone and Gloria TNT in 2014.

There's a myriad of diseases that go along with alcoholism including diabetes, which can be the cause of violent mood swings. I've often wondered if the Dame in DK didn't have diabetic mood issues due to alcoholism.

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »

Maybe the "Peel Prince" is even dead already?

Interesting tidbit: his German Wikipedia entry, part: "Family", starts (literally translated) with the words "Ernst August WAS the eldest son of ...".
Usually, if still alive, that should read "Ernst August IS the eldest son ...", shouldn't it?! Although, for sure, a date of death is not given.

Or he suffers from a mental disease like severe dementia, which makes it impossible for him to re-appear in public and to handle his errands.
He had handed over their whole possessions & real estate in Germany and Austria to his son in 2014 already. Which one would, at that age, only do if one knows that one would not longer be able to see to it by oneself. Saving on Heritage tax could not be the reason, as gifting such a huge asset would be taxed similarly as bequeathing it.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 08:09:13 AM »

I think most of the royals still have this "backward" attitutude and try and hide scandal. I think he is in a non-presentable state (but alive) and they hide him from the public until day X comes. I feel sorry for his sons. What a burden.
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 12:34:45 AM »

*Most* people  have this "hide the problems" attitude towards alcoholism.  Other problems related to extreme alcoholism are malnutrition-diseases, since they tend not to eat properly if at all.  If he really is going through this, I feel so, so sorry for him.  If he is going through this, it might be too late to recover.  Lord have pity on him.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: