Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Papa Slurupson?  (Read 93855 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: October 14, 2016, 02:42:39 AM »

Does Writer -in - Residence mean you have to physically be somewhere?

Susan Moody is the WiR for a Writing Circle/Competition based in Tasmania: http://www.penfactor.com/SusanMoody

The organizer is from England and has the same last name Horwood (Susan's real last name). Maybe a relation?

Could she be in Tasmania?

Typically, yes the writer in residence means that they are in residence. 

But in this day and age, doesn't WiR mean anywhere in the world residence, but just be accessible to us all via electronic medium?  Confused

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: October 14, 2016, 02:57:07 AM »

Does Writer -in - Residence mean you have to physically be somewhere?

Susan Moody is the WiR for a Writing Circle/Competition based in Tasmania: http://www.penfactor.com/SusanMoody

The organizer is from England and has the same last name Horwood (Susan's real last name). Maybe a relation?

Could she be in Tasmania?

Typically, yes the writer in residence means that they are in residence. 

But in this day and age, doesn't WiR mean anywhere in the world residence, but just be accessible to us all via electronic medium?  Confused

G Confused
That's what I would think; but the fact that she's not been seen. And the whole family gathered in Australia for Jane's 50th over Christmas...I am wondering if Susan stayed behind. And then she was in that train accident in UK...it seems she and Papa John are spending a great deal of time apart.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: October 14, 2016, 03:03:45 AM »

Temi, Susan has done her usefullness. She wrote the love letters to 'woe'  Smiley Floppy Frodo and then espoused all that fertiliser about MEDiana being the Queen of the Whole World.

There is no reason for her to be around anymore. She's been sidelined. First by MEdiana, then by Papa Slurpy.

which makes me think Papa Slurpy is also sidelined by his illustrious only daughter MEDiana.

Wonder if MEdiana has paid him off or or is paying him off or is he living off the Alecra (sp?) Investment Funds a la Danes' tax money? Thinking Thinking

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: November 30, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »

Hello everybody! This morning I was taking my little boy to the pediatrician and... I literally bumped into Papa Slurupson and Susan, touring the Rialto market (I live in Venice)! They were accompanied by a man who was guiding them and explaining things... and was watching me with a nasty look when he noticed that I was looking at them! About the two: they were wearing casual attires, and looked very homely (Susan more than him). She is quite small while Papa Slurpy is taller than I expected, seeing him in photos, and I have to say than Xian really takes after him. That's all my fellow dishers, the account of my first "royal-related"  sighting!  Beer
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: November 30, 2016, 01:58:47 PM »

Thank you for sharing your story griet!  Thumb up  Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: November 30, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »

Hello everybody! This morning I was taking my little boy to the pediatrician and... I literally bumped into Papa Slurupson and Susan, touring the Rialto market (I live in Venice)! They were accompanied by a man who was guiding them and explaining things... and was watching me with a nasty look when he noticed that I was looking at them! About the two: they were wearing casual attires, and looked very homely (Susan more than him). She is quite small while Papa Slurpy is taller than I expected, seeing him in photos, and I have to say than Xian really takes after him. That's all my fellow dishers, the account of my first "royal-related"  sighting!  Beer

I love first-hand accounts!  Star

I wonder who the man was who was guiding them.  It sounds like he knew of their "royal" connection since he was so angry that you were looking at them.   Roll Eyes  It makes me think that they found a local tour guide and mentioned who they were before they went on the outing.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: November 30, 2016, 07:39:22 PM »

Yes you are right Pixie, I got the feeling that he knew who they were... and was upset by the fact that I kept watching them. But at the same time the guy didn't look like a local, I got the impression that he wasn't even italian (altough I couldn't hear him speaking)  Thinking
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: November 30, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »

Star Griet.
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: February 17, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »

Wasn't sure where to place this but the article does refer to Mary's father, this thread is my best guess.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-used-stay-auctioned.html

The strangest part of all is that none of the comments have been about Mary, no fashion icon, mother icon, lovely princess etc. Shocked

Have D M readers forgotten Mary and family's history at last. Shocked

WTH I thought the press were over the top when they saturated their publications with the Donaldson's history, how did they miss this little gem, J D's Navy Career  Banana Banana

http://www.realestate.com...y-used-to-visit-for-sale/ Wink Wink

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:08:45 AM by Henny, Reason: add another link » Logged
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: February 17, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »

Wasn't sure where to place this but the article does refer to Mary's father, this thread is my best guess.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-used-stay-auctioned.html

The strangest part of all is that none of the comments have been about Mary, no fashion icon, mother icon, lovely princess etc. Shocked

Have D M readers forgotten Mary and family's history at last. Shocked

And this is the definition of "overpriced", ladies and gentlemen!
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: February 17, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

He was in the Australian military? Is this even true?
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »

I could find no evidence he's ever served in the Australian Defence Force. You'd think it would be mentioned somewhere on the internet if he had?  Thinking

It's also a bit unclear from the article just how were they staying at the house. Did they own it? Did they rent it? Were they staying with a friend? Their friend must've been rich then because Rose Bay is not a cheap area (and the area where the current owners are moving, Vaucluse is even more affluent area).

And more importantly, did this Navy career happen before the university career or what? I'm surprised it hasn't come up if it indeed did happen. I think they're mixing up some other John Donaldson with a daughter named Mary with the ones we're talking about.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: February 18, 2017, 07:44:25 AM »

I could find no evidence he's ever served in the Australian Defence Force. You'd think it would be mentioned somewhere on the internet if he had?  Thinking

It's also a bit unclear from the article just how were they staying at the house. Did they own it? Did they rent it? Were they staying with a friend? Their friend must've been rich then because Rose Bay is not a cheap area (and the area where the current owners are moving, Vaucluse is even more affluent area).

And more importantly, did this Navy career happen before the university career or what? I'm surprised it hasn't come up if it indeed did happen. I think they're mixing up some other John Donaldson with a daughter named Mary with the ones we're talking about.

Rose Bay has never been a wealthy area - it just seems wealthy relative to further west! Rose Bay has always had much cheaper houses than Vaucluse or Woollahra ...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: