Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Dish Kitchen!  (Read 15535 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

To day I dug out my AEbleskiver pan and made these little darling puff/pancake/popovers..................I forgot how messy it was to add jam to the cooking batter, and did the rest just plain and rolled them in powdered sugar.                  Hubby sure did gobble them up.                   I got the AEbleskiver mix & pan from the   preparedpantry.com..............Just looked it up on the internet and found they are Danish.........interesting Viking history
ikshu

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »

I've been trying to master a rainbow cake (using a basic butter cake recipe).

Today I finally nailed it!

In the pan, ready to bake:

Iced with a butter icing and sprinkles:

Afternoon tea with a cup of freshly brewed coffee:

Enjoy RD-ers!

How did you do this? Looks amazing! Recipe, please?
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2016, 05:31:32 AM »

I've been trying to master a rainbow cake (using a basic butter cake recipe).

Today I finally nailed it!

In the pan, ready to bake:

Iced with a butter icing and sprinkles:

Afternoon tea with a cup of freshly brewed coffee:

Enjoy RD-ers!

How did you do this? Looks amazing! Recipe, please?

I second the question.  How did you do this?  How do you get the different colour layers to remain separate and not mix? Shocked
Kimothy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »

Bump! 

Does anyone enjoy using their crockpot/slow cooker as much as I do? I've got some favorite recipes (and a fair few more I've found thanks to Pinterest  Wink) and I'll be glad to share them once the weather starts cooling off.  Smiley
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »

Please do but its 103F where I live and I can't even think about hot food right now  Sad

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Kimothy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 11:49:42 PM »

Please do but its 103F where I live and I can't even think about hot food right now  Sad

I hear you, cordtx!  Right now, the "feels like" temp is 103!  With that said, I think I'm going to have a salad for dinner. Lettuce, diced up tomato, diced up baby cucumber, diced up baby carrots, cut up already-made chicken, shredded white cheddar cheese, and raspberry-flavored salad dressing! Yum!
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2016, 09:55:04 AM »

Lemon drizzle cake

4oz butter
4oz caster sugar
2 eggs
4oz SR flour
Rind of 1 lemon. (Set the juice aside)

Method
Place all the ingredients (apart from lemon juice) into a mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
Pour into a 1/2 lb loaf tin.
Cook at 180 (gas 4) for 20 mins
When you remove cake, squueze lemon juice over the cake.

I also use lime instead of lemon or lemon and lime together.  Smiley

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:26 AM »

Bump! 

Does anyone enjoy using their crockpot/slow cooker as much as I do? I've got some favorite recipes (and a fair few more I've found thanks to Pinterest  Wink) and I'll be glad to share them once the weather starts cooling off.  Smiley

It's getting cool here (Michigan) so start sharing....please! 
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2016, 05:25:17 PM »

Bump! 

Dear LDJJ,this is for you  Champagne. A recipe you can cook even when the only thing in your fridge is the echo. Easy,zero fuss,very good, my great great grand mother's recipe of
TORTA DI RISO (rice pudding?rice cake?)

1 lt milk (i use semiskimmed, aka 1,8% fat,but when i want to "splurge" i use 3%)
100 gr rice
5 eggs
200 gr sugar
a handful of roughly chopped almonds

SPOILER: use a big pot,otherwise the milk will go out,when boiling,making your kitchen a mess!

bring to the boil at a low flame the milk, then throw in (excuse my poor english) the rice,lower the flame and cook (stirring often) until soft (approx. 15 minutes).
let the mixture cool down a bit.(while it cools down,the rice will absorb some milk,it's ok).

add the sugar,stir well, then add the eggs, one at a time,stirring very well with a spoon.Lastly,add the chopped almonds.

Put the mixture in the oven, 170? for approx 40 minutes.

when it's cold, put some icing sugar on the cake.  We serve it cut in lozenge pieces.

Ciaooo
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2016, 06:08:13 AM »

Bump! 

Dear LDJJ,this is for you  Champagne. A recipe you can cook even when the only thing in your fridge is the echo. Easy,zero fuss,very good, my great great grand mother's recipe of
TORTA DI RISO (rice pudding?rice cake?)

1 lt milk (i use semiskimmed, aka 1,8% fat,but when i want to "splurge" i use 3%)
100 gr rice
5 eggs
200 gr sugar
a handful of roughly chopped almonds

SPOILER: use a big pot,otherwise the milk will go out,when boiling,making your kitchen a mess!

bring to the boil at a low flame the milk, then throw in (excuse my poor english) the rice,lower the flame and cook (stirring often) until soft (approx. 15 minutes).
let the mixture cool down a bit.(while it cools down,the rice will absorb some milk,it's ok).

add the sugar,stir well, then add the eggs, one at a time,stirring very well with a spoon.Lastly,add the chopped almonds.

Put the mixture in the oven, 170? for approx 40 minutes.

when it's cold, put some icing sugar on the cake.  We serve it cut in lozenge pieces.

Ciaooo

Sounds interesting and I do have everything on hand.  Will have to give it a try.  Thanks!!
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »

Bump! 

Hi LDJJ.  Smiley    If you like pork and apples together, this is yummy.

Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples

Prep time:  10 mins
Cook time:  8 hours Total time:  8 hours 10 mins
Serves: 6

Ingredients
1 (3-4 lb) pork tenderloin
2 large granny smith apples, cored & sliced in wedges about 1/4" thick
? cup honey
1-2 tbsp cinnamon (Depending on your preference)

Instructions
Slice slits in pork tenderloin on the top side.
Place 1-2 apple slices per slit.
Place ? of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot.
Drizzle ? of the honey over apple slices.
Place pork on top of the apple slices.
Sprinkle cinnamon over everything.
Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything.
Place lid on and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove from slow cooker, slice and serve with apples on top.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »

Bump! 

Ingredients
? cup honey

Instructions
Place ? of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot.
Drizzle ? of the honey over apple slices.
Place remaining apple slices on top and drizzle the remaining honey over everything.

Thank you PBE, but how much honey is used in the recipe.  I'm just getting a question mark in the amount.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

I'll do a very German recipie tomorrow, which might qualify for a cool evening in Michigan, LDJJ:

Beef Roulades with Potato Dumplings.
As I am not yet ready for the red cabbage season (because red cabbage is what you usually have with roulades, especially in winter), I'll add some Brussel sprouts with bacon to that.

For the roulades (1 or 2 per person, depending on size), flat them, spread them with spicy mustard, put one slice of Serrano ham on each of them, sprinkle cubed onions on them, add pepper & salt and a cornichon in slices. Roll them and fix with a metal skewer.

Heat some butter oil and roast the roulades on all sides. Put them out. Add mirepoix cut to pieces and two spoons of tomato paste and one spoon of brown sugar (the last two give the sauce a nice color), roast for 2 minutes, then add 500 ml of a good red wine and 750 ml of broth. Bring to boil, then lower the temperature, put the roulades in and let simmer for a good hour or so.
After that, take roulades out and keep them warm. Boil the sauce down to 600 ml, take the veggies out, if it's not thick enough, thick it with flour butter or puree the veggies to use as thickener.
(I usually do 6 roulades, and the quantity of 1,25 liter of liquids is just right for 600 ml of sauce then).

Meanwhile, the Brussel sprouts need to be cleaned and cooked in boiling water for 10 minutes (they shall not be totally weak), then put into a pan where some bacon has been roasted with some onions. Mix all and add pepper and salt.

For the Dumplings, well ... they sell they potato dough ready to use here in the Supermarket, so I just add some parsley, pepper and salt and roll the Dumplings by hand. They simmer for 10-15 minutes.

As I said, it's typical German, minus the Serrano ham, for sure, my mother used bacon instead.
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »

Bump! 

Ingredients
1/2 cup honey

Instructions
Place 3/4 of remaining apple slices in bottom of crockpot.
Drizzle 1/2 of the honey over apple slices.

Thank you PBE, but how much honey is used in the recipe.  I'm just getting a question mark in the amount.

Sorry about that. I couldn't fix my original post so I fixed it in the quote part. 

PS - I am not a fan of strong cinnamon so I use on the lesser side.  I like it with a half and half mix of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Also, my aunt sometimes makes this with maple syrup instead of the honey.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:24:53 PM by Princess BlueEyes » Logged

Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »

This is a recipe from a woman who used to make it when I was young teen. It is perfect for colder autumn (leaf-raking) days into and through the winter.  It is so welcome after a snow shoveling, skiing, sledding, ice skating or caroling session.    Wink

Crockpot Hot Chocolate

6 cups milk
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1-2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (I like it less sweet so I use semi-sweet, dark or sometimes a mix)

Stir together the milk, whipping cream, vanilla, and chocolate in a crockpot.

Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate is melted.

Stir again before serving.  Garnish as desired.

Garnishes: Whipped cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, etc

Last winter, one of my co-workers made this for a pot-luck with White Chocolate she bought at a specialty shop and chopped. Delicious!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: