Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikolai - NEWS  (Read 49169 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »

as they get older, articles, news, photos will come in seperately - so I'm starting a thread.

Interview with Alexandra about Nikolai: Alexandra - Prince Nikolai inherited his grandfather's mind.

Alexandra and Joachim's first-born has inherited his grandfather's happy and joyful mind
When Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim became parents for the first time 13 years ago, they knew that Prince Nikolai would end up growing up with something special, Alexandra calls it a huge gift, in a big interview in Sunday.

- My oldest son has inherited my dad's really happy mind. He is always happy and never bears a grudge. It's a huge gift that is passed down from my father to him, she tells Sunday.

Alexandra's trick to being a good parent
she was 35 years old when she had Prince Nikolai and 38 years old when his younger brother Prince Felix was born. And many years with the two little princes have taught her to be a good parent.

- The trick with being a good parent is slowly letting go. Let go, let go. Set them free in the world as self-confident, wonderful citizens of the world. Every child should be allowed to be free when they grow up. My parents most willingly really gave my two sisters and me freedom with responsibility - no they hadn't read books about it. It just came as a naturalness to them, she says and continues.

- Today, I think it's great to be able to take just the things I've respected from my own childhood and pass them on to my own children. And it's important to say to children: What do you think? I experienced that Queen Ingrid did that. She was so good to listen and just say, "What do you think?" It's a great quality to have, and to be supportive in that way.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »

Prince Nikolai confirmation date is in place

The day before Pentecost, Saturday 18th May , Prince Nikolai will be confirmed in Fredensborg Palace Church in the presence of the immediate family. 

- All the details are not in place, but the date is fixed, said Countess Alexandra to HERE & NOW.

Prince Nikolai was born at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen on August 28, 1999, so he does not quite turn 14 before his confirmation.

- When you have a son who is so old that he will be confirmed, one can not help but reflect on where one is in life. You are not immortal anymore, but I comfort myself with the fact that Nikolai is one year younger than the others in the class, said Countess Alexandra, who is aged 48.

When Prince Joachim and then Princess Alexandra were separated in the late summer of 2004, Prince Nikolai and his younger brother, Prince Felix moved with their mother to Copenhagen, where they initially lived in an apartment at Amalienborg before the Countess moved into appropriate villa on Svanemøllevej in Hellerup with the boys. Alexandra and Joachim share custody of the children, who attend Krebs' Skole in Copenhagen.

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »

I can't see it as a problem that Nikolai is one year younger than the others in his class.
(That said, Confirmation needs to be a voluntary decision and a decision that has been sincerely undertaken and one can be too young to process the concept.)

However, why is that reason for Alexandra to take comfort in that fact??
Why is she proud that he is one year younger?  Crazy
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »

It looks like a joke, she says that having a child old enough to have a confirmation makes her realise how old she is, ergo knowing that her son is younger than the others makes her "younger" too.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »

She (and only she Snare ) got some flack for Nikolai starting school one year early. Perhaps she simply feels a need to defend the decision.
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »

She (and only she Snare ) got some flack for Nikolai starting school one year early. Perhaps she simply feels a need to defend the decision.
Typical! My eldest daughter started school quite a bit younger than her classmates. It just worked out that way. I was a bit worried for awhile for the academia side of it, but she coped well and has completed her education. Some kids are just simply ready earlier  Smiley
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:08 AM »

Typical! My eldest daughter started school quite a bit younger than her classmates. It just worked out that way. I was a bit worried for awhile for the academia side of it, but she coped well and has completed her education. Some kids are just simply ready earlier  Smiley

same thing here - my son started also 1 year earlier....big whoop! As you said, some kiddos are ready to go to school earlier than other. So? Dont' understand why people would make a big drama about it.

And I totally understand where Alex is coming from. It didn't hit me when my son had confirmation, but when he graduated high school, that I'm getting really older...then when he made his driver's license....but especially when my parents passed. It made me aware, that my sister and I are the next generation to go...so yes, at certain stages of a child's life one is reminded that a certain part of one's life it over, and that one is sliding closer to the edge.

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:15 AM »

It looks like a joke, she says that having a child old enough to have a confirmation makes her realise how old she is, ergo knowing that her son is younger than the others makes her "younger" too.

Ooh yes, now I get it.  Thanks.   Laugh bounce
  Thinking  I didn't think that she meant it the way I thought that it sounded.

And I fully agree that each child is ready to begin school at their own pace, Maria, Christina01 and PeDe, some later and some earlier.  Star Star Star  (Stars for your kids!  Smiley )
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:42 AM »

We did the opposite as my kid started a year later. A few people said he would be upset that he was a year behind but once he figured it out he didn't care. It was totally the right decision & I'm glad I get to keep him home for an 'extra' year.
I wonder if we will be able to watch the confirmation online.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »

Is there a acually age or just a guideline to when a child starts schooling Denmark and other European countries? Here if a child is 4 by the 30 of August they can start in sept on what ever day is the start of the school year. So in a class you might have had some one who was just 4 and a child the turned 5 the day after the school started due to the cut off point the previous year.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

They usually start at 6.  Smiley

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »

Now they are to start in the year they turn 6. I.e. some will start when they're 5. A lot of people that issue with that, as they think it's too young, especially for boys. The law wasn't passed when Nikolai started school.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »

Star Harley and Maria , one more question  Confused how long does primary school last, here it's 8 years, jr infants, senior infants , 1st, 2nd , third , fourth , fifth and 6 th class. 2nd and 6 th are what we call communion and confirmation class.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 02:36:51 PM »

Star Harley and Maria , one more question  Confused how long does primary school last, here it's 8 years, jr infants, senior infants , 1st, 2nd , third , fourth , fifth and 6 th class. 2nd and 6 th are what we call communion and confirmation class.

10 years with a possible extra year, if you want/need it.
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »

Now they are to start in the year they turn 6. I.e. some will start when they're 5. A lot of people that issue with that, as they think it's too young, especially for boys. The law wasn't passed when Nikolai started school.

There's a real double-standard (in my experience) when it comes to starting boys early. Everyone told me to hold my son back a year, even friends who'd started their daughters early. Sadly, in the US it's often driven by our societal obsession with sports. "But he'll be the smallest kid in his class! He'll never get a scholarship." Then, as an afterthought, "And boys learn more slowly at that age."  While I have read studies showing boys and girls learn differently, every child is different. I was one of the oldest in my class, and I was miserable.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: