Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What do you think?
They're cute - 64 (73.6%)
They're perfect! - 23 (26.4%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch royal children  (Read 134023 times)
Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »

Amalia also comes from a long line of stocky, sturdy and compact women. Dutch Royals aren't dainty or slender. Look are her father, her grandmother, her great-grandmother, her great-great-grandmother and even at her great-great-great-grandmother.

Amalia is healthy, sporty and still growing. She'll never be slender or slim: she's not built to be slender and dainty. And that's fine. After what happened to Victoria I hoped people would be more aware about the effect comments like that have on growing teenagers.
minimoos

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2017, 03:55:55 AM »

I think what's important for Amalia as she gets older is for her to find clothes that fit her body type and not just follow the trends. You don't have to be a stick figure, just find clothes that look good on you (sounds simple, but there are so many conversations on this forum because female royals don't follow that rule!). She's quite a pretty young girl, and her personality shines through in photographs already. As others have said, as long as the media don't tear her down for no good reason, she'll be fine. I'm not too familiar with the Dutch RF, but with a family of women who are built like her who are in the public eye, hopefully they give her encouragement and an example in being body confident  Thumb up, instead of so many girls who hear the women in their lives criticize their own bodies. This is important for any girl her age, but especially so for someone growing up in the public eye!!
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »

I think what's important is we STOP talking about her body - FULL. STOP.

Saying she is "stocky" or "big boned" or whatever, are still labels that will play on the mind of an impressionable young girl - even moreso one who must grow up in the glare of the press.

Whe we say "she should learn to dress for her body type" we are still fat-shaming. She has a body, she puts a dress on it. Done.

Whilst I would rather not focus on looks at all, they are all VERY pretty girls who look happy and healthy, and I'm sure they are bright, clever and engaging. I can't wait to see the toing women they become.
anastasia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: March 03, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »

As long as she is healthy, I really think that's what matters. Not everyone is meant to be a skinny-minny. What shines through me for me in these pictures (and many other pictures of the Dutch royals) is that this is a close, loving family. With so many teenagers and young adults having emotional issues these days, happiness and contentment in a young person is a great thing to see. (I sound like a therapist! I just know too many families with kids who are really struggling with a variety of serious issues.)
minimoos

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: March 03, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »

I think what's important is we STOP talking about her body - FULL. STOP.

Saying she is "stocky" or "big boned" or whatever, are still labels that will play on the mind of an impressionable young girl - even moreso one who must grow up in the glare of the press.

Whe we say "she should learn to dress for her body type" we are still fat-shaming. She has a body, she puts a dress on it. Done.

Whilst I would rather not focus on looks at all, they are all VERY pretty girls who look happy and healthy, and I'm sure they are bright, clever and engaging. I can't wait to see the toing women they become.

I certainly didn't mean it that way, and I'm sorry it was written so that it might be read that way. Where I'm coming from: I'm short, with a very short torso, and some things just look silly on me. If I don't hem certain bottoms, they drag, and look sloppy. It's hard for me to look professional if I were to just grab things off the rack willy-nilly at a department store and wear them as they came. Designers design for one body type, and I would say easily 95-97% of women aren't that body type. Louise Windsor has had and will continue to have the same issue- she's been in clothes that haven't taken her height into consideration, so it looks like she's been sent out into clothes that she's outgrown. Many people on this board have commented on this several times. Maybe less of an issue than that experienced by those of us with hips (and other curves), but an issue with making sure to dress for your body type all the same.

That's another reason I said she's lucky if she has women in her family she's built similarly to- I'm built much differently than any of the women in my family (I'm built like my adopted parent's bio family). I had women in my life who complained (and still do) about their bodies. If she has body-positive women in her life, she's able to start leaps and bounds ahead of other young women in that area. Not to mention, if her female relatives are built similarly they may already know and can tell her what will be flattering for her to wear.

I have started reading this section because like the SRF, I find their parents and the girls interesting and not just pretty to look at, though the girls are that for sure.

I hope that explains more where I was coming from and didn't make it worse!
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »

I meant to type "healthy isn't synonymous with skinny", my bad, it had been a long week.

Anyway, I think the "dress in what suits you, not what is in style" is advice everyone should follow regardless of whether they are a size 0 or a size 14. I know it is difficult when it feels like everything is designed with 5'10 skinny women in mind and it feels like the high street is full of the same shit in different stores, but it can be done if you're willing to shop around and you have a good sense of what looks good on you.

While I'd never want to trade places with her, one advantage Amalia (and the other future Queens) does have is that she is lucky that she will be able to shop without money being an object and will have access to plenty of designers willing to custom dress her, alter things especially for her, and even make things specifically flatter. That is a privilege we plebs don't have. I only WISH I could afford for good designers to custom make stuff to accommodate my body.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »

As long as she is healthy, I really think that's what matters. Not everyone is meant to be a skinny-minny. What shines through me for me in these pictures (and many other pictures of the Dutch royals) is that this is a close, loving family. With so many teenagers and young adults having emotional issues these days, happiness and contentment in a young person is a great thing to see. (I sound like a therapist! I just know too many families with kids who are really struggling with a variety of serious issues.)

As someone who is not from a close family, this is something I always notice with the DRF. They all seem so close and happy and it makes me wish I had a family like that. They always look happy and close when posing as an extended family, while an extended family photo of my family would be hands down one of the most awkward things you ever saw......

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
chocolate_angel

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

With the Dutch Royal family it really feels like that they have a "normal" family life. Can you imagine what an ordinary lunch at home with Mosh looks like Shocked
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2017, 12:48:33 PM »

Currently a sales website has a commercial in Netherland in which a boy rings the bell at the Royal gate, telling the guards he is coming for Amalia (accompanied with flowers and  a heartshaped balloon).

But in real life something similar happened to Amalia's youngest sister Ariane:

http://www.omroepbrabant....+aan+prinses+Ariane+.aspx

Ren? (9) from Tilburg gets royal response after love letter to Princess Ariane

Tilburg - A letter from the King and Queen themselves, which does not get anyone. The 9-year-old Ren? from Tilburg received one this week though. And he has that letter also as a result of his own actions.

At Valentine Rene namely wrote a little love note to princess Ariane, the youngest daughter of the royal couple.

Rene wrote Valentine namely a little love note to Princess Ariane, the youngest daughter of the royal couple. "I think you look beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl in the world ', read the note of the young romantic Tilburg.

A little help
He got the idea after in the classroom attention was paid to the day of love. A few hours later he tugged at the sleeve of his teacher Marlieke de Vaan of the Helen Parkhurst School in Tilburg. Rene first did a bit secretive about to who the letter was addressed, but because his teacher had to help him, he said it anyway.

"Rene has dictated the text and I wrote it down, then Ren? has drawn it even with a thick marker."

no kiss
The princess is in Tilburg next month for King's day. Ren? hopes that he can look and say to Ariane, "Here I am." Hoping for a royal little kiss? "Not if all people are onlooking!"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: