Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 307616 times)
RoyalMusings

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: December 18, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »

I didn't get braces until high school. No biggie. They can do the invisible ones or aligns.

She is growing into a lovely young lady.
PrincessofScots

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: December 18, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »

Oh, I didn't know.. That must be interesting for them to meet some great people and political figures.
 But also that must be very intimadating. I mean at their young age. If I was at their place I couldn't do this. I will be terrified and I wouldn't know what to say. But I think they are prepare for this

It must be extremely daunting, especially at age 13 when you feel super awkward and are so aware of your changing body etc. Louise did a fine job on her first walk about for the Queen's birthday and she said a lovely quote about having a good teacher in her dad for these sorts of things.  The Wessex children seem so well brought up and polite.  It's lovely to see them greet people with their parents as you can see Louise saying, "Hello, nice to meet you.". They remind me of the Spanish princesses in their politeness and behaviour.

The Wessex family attended Ascot today.

Where has the little girl Louise gone?  She's a young woman now!

That's a nice thing to say about her father.
And they don't look afraid to show their love in public. Espicially James to his mother. He is truly his mommy's boy. I thinks it's great. That's show their normality. They are all lovely
They look so smart and seems to be so into the event. That's seem to be fun to watch
IMO Louise is growing into a nice and lovely lady  Smiley
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: December 18, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »

I got braces at her age, and had to have them again for longer and then have surgery because getting them that young isn't the best of ideas. They prep your teeth for them instead these days and wait til you're a bit older. I'd rather that for Louise than the cluster I had with my mouth that went on for ten years.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: December 18, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »

Louise is still growing so I'd say they are waiting for her to finish growing, they tend to do that now.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: December 18, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

Well they start a lot earlier in my neck of woods, all the Miss Fairies have started at age 10 with the night braces and have moved to the "full metal" (which aren't metal but ceramics and either "invisible" or colourful strings at age 12-13. 

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: December 20, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »

I didn't get my braces until I was 16.  They're probably waiting until she's a bit older. 

I can't believe how grown up she looked at Ascot.  Her Tiffany heart necklace was lovely and no doubt a birthday present.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »

Alexandra of Norway has braces...I think they could start Louise on hers as well

NoviceDisher

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1717 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »

Louise seems to be more in the mold of a Zara from what I can see both in looks and character. Good for her.
HRH Miss Scarlett

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: December 22, 2016, 03:38:29 AM »

I am frankly relieved to see Louise looking like a proper, traditional girl and not like so many Tweens and teens these days with the super trendy clothes, lots of makeup, glam hair etc. it's quite refreshing and a great role model. Perhaps there's a reason for no braces yet, but I am sure her parents will get them for her. Perhaps Louise feels awkward anyway and braces would add to that so they are postponing a bit. As long as it's just a teeth straightening issue and not a jaw alignment or bite issue that is best corrected sooner rather than later, there is no harm in waiting.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: December 22, 2016, 07:40:04 AM »

Getting braces younger when it's "cool" happens at  11ish here too. And they didn't have to have then on very long in high school, as a result, when it was more embarrassing   ( to my children anyway).
Seems they are always slow to get Louise what others in her age group are doing.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »

Catherina-Amalia also has braces if I remember correctly.  

Perhaps Louise was asked and wanted to wait a bit longer.  She's obviously going through puberty and that in itself is awkward enough with adding braces to the combination!  I am more surprised she hasn't got her ears pierced as a 13th birthday present.  A Tiffany necklace was given instead!  

What I did enjoy were the faces James decided to pull at the photographers...(who is also definitely going to need braces too!  They both seem to have inhertied Edward's gapped teeth.)

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
NoviceDisher

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: December 22, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »

^ How old is this boy ? I thought he was closer to 10 ? It is cute if the kid is 4 or 5, anything older and there will be talk about the kid being special needs and not in a kind way. Trump's youngest  kid around the same age was fidgety during a late night appearance and people including Rosie O'Donnel internet diagnosed him with autism  Roll Eyes and Melania had to sue.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: December 22, 2016, 08:29:06 PM »

My youngest Miss Fairy has just turned 12 and I still see a lot of the boys in her school pulling faces, being fidgety and behaving like 5 y.o. I think this is simply the new normal.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1723 on: December 22, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »

My 13 year old isn't done growing in the face and so it's still too soon for braces. It could very well be the same with Louise. She's obviously going through the growth spurt right now - that will also impact her face..

To me she looks the spitting image of the queen. It will be interesting to see how she looks as an adult.
NoviceDisher

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:31 PM »

My youngest Miss Fairy has just turned 12 and I still see a lot of the boys in her school pulling faces, being fidgety and behaving like 5 y.o. I think this is simply the new normal.

Then you are lucky where you live. Unfortunately in the US it can get a commoner kid diagnosed with ADHD and put on medicine especially a boy and schools are rather aggressive IMO about it. A celeb kid will be internet diagnosed as having ADHD, autism or who knows what and the parents berated for not being open and activist enough about it without any facts as happened to Trump's kid which is sad because however vile the parent no kid deserves that. Nice to see it does not happen everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: