Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate-Holidays  (Read 253898 times)
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: March 15, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »

Well Ortensia, few here expected Travolta or Tatum-esque dance moves, and Wills less than stellar performance would not have caused more than a malicious little chuckle, was it not for the fact that William believes himself to be a class of his own - Not only thinking he is the cat's meouw, but also that the great unwashed (us) is too dumb and dimwit to be dealt with. He arrogantly believes he can get away with murder and since his pride has gone terribly long before a fall already, we console ourselves in the meantime that he is quite ridiculous.

I agree it's not just the dance moves.  It's the juxtaposition of it all.  Put this video next to video of a bunch of the royal family at Westminster for Commonwealth Day.  That's why it looks bad for William.  

To me, it's not a bad look that he can't dance.  It's a bad look that he's drunkenly dancing on a trip that made it so he couldn't attend Commonwealth Day.

Can you imagine what people would be saying if it was Kate who was photographed cosily drinking with other men and drunkenly dancing at a ski resort and putting her arm around another man, having left her children and husband at home where he was attending a Commonwealth Day service? He is arrogant and also quite ridiculous: not a good combination for a future hereditary head of state.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: March 15, 2017, 11:36:23 PM »

I think she should Margaret. Will deserve it!!

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: March 16, 2017, 01:00:50 AM »

Well Ortensia, few here expected Travolta or Tatum-esque dance moves, and Wills less than stellar performance would not have caused more than a malicious little chuckle, was it not for the fact that William believes himself to be a class of his own - Not only thinking he is the cat's meouw, but also that the great unwashed (us) is too dumb and dimwit to be dealt with. He arrogantly believes he can get away with murder and since his pride has gone terribly long before a fall already, we console ourselves in the meantime that he is quite ridiculous.

I agree it's not just the dance moves.  It's the juxtaposition of it all.  Put this video next to video of a bunch of the royal family at Westminster for Commonwealth Day.  That's why it looks bad for William.  

To me, it's not a bad look that he can't dance.  It's a bad look that he's drunkenly dancing on a trip that made it so he couldn't attend Commonwealth Day.

Can you imagine what people would be saying if it was Kate who was photographed cosily drinking with other men and drunkenly dancing at a ski resort and putting her arm around another man, having left her children and husband at home where he was attending a Commonwealth Day service? He is arrogant and also quite ridiculous: not a good combination for a future hereditary head of state.

That's an excellent point, Margaret! Such a double standard. If Waity had been caught out like this, I'm sure Willy would have already begun divorce proceedings! And she'd have been called all sorts of gross names by the DM and their commenters, other press, etc.

I wonder if Willy will suffer any long-term consequences for this weekend jaunt. And...I think we're all in agreement that this isn't the first time for him, just the first time being so publicly caught out. Maybe part of him wanted to get caught. I wonder why...wants a divorce? wants to be pushed out of succession? Hmmmm   Thinking  

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: March 16, 2017, 01:40:13 AM »

Work shy is the least of it  Real mad  lazy, spoiled, petulant, annoying, un-patriotic and totally unfit to reign (did I leave anything out?)

Unattractive in personality, attitude and looks . . .  .
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: March 16, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »

That's an excellent point, Margaret! Such a double standard. If Waity had been caught out like this, I'm sure Willy would have already begun divorce proceedings! And she'd have been called all sorts of gross names by the DM and their commenters, other press, etc.

I wonder if Willy will suffer any long-term consequences for this weekend jaunt. And...I think we're all in agreement that this isn't the first time for him, just the first time being so publicly caught out. Maybe part of him wanted to get caught. I wonder why...wants a divorce? wants to be pushed out of succession? Hmmmm   Thinking  

True. Remember what happened with Fergie...? And all the while Randy Andy keeps on going. I wonder what would've happened if he got caught sucking a toe. I bet absolutely nothing.

The rules are different for the guys. Also, they are the born princes so they get to bend the rules any way they wish to. Or is it so?
identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: March 16, 2017, 11:25:36 AM »

Everything I've ever read has said that from 1986 to 1992, Andrew was faithful to Sarah. He didn't revert to type until after their separation, and even then, that took time because he didn't want a divorce and wanted to try to work things out. Sarah had enemies within the Palace who were unwilling to cover for her, and unwilling to help paper over the issues so that everything came out in the press and she was left looking horrible.

I also think that the courtiers know that the only royals who are permanent fixtures are the ones who are born royal, so it makes sense to side with the people you know will there in the long run, for job security. So anyone born HRH can do whatever, because the courtiers know they have to protect them in order to keep their jobs.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: March 16, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »

Exactly.  I'm not a great defender of Kate, but this would be a much bigger story if the roles were reversed.  Also, I think it would be much less of a story to most press outlets if William had done what Kate did and just stayed home.  Still not great, but he wouldn't get near the bad press that he has.

I'm typically not one for this kind of speculation, but if William still behaves this way when he's King, then I'm not sure about the future of the monarchy.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: March 16, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »

Exactly.  I'm not a great defender of Kate, but this would be a much bigger story if the roles were reversed.  Also, I think it would be much less of a story to most press outlets if William had done what Kate did and just stayed home.  Still not great, but he wouldn't get near the bad press that he has.

I'm typically not one for this kind of speculation, but if William still behaves this way when he's King, then I'm not sure about the future of the monarchy.

Such double standards as always that Kate would look even worse if she did what Bill did.
The thing is only that no one will have sympathy with Kate as people had with Di, because everyone knows what she is like and the fact that she was a grown adult when she married him and not a teen...
stunking

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: March 16, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »

I doubt we will ever loose the double standard. Oh but what a scandal if it would have been Kate acting this way. Deserting her kids and all. I have to feel for her on this one.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: March 16, 2017, 06:52:27 PM »

As far as I am aware this is however a regular occurence, something Kate is used to, it's only the first time it's become this public. That is what is likely going to enrage K & her mother, the public humiliation.
ggc

Mini Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: March 17, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »

Kate for almost a decade looked the other way and waited him out until he came back to her time and time again. Every time he was rumoured with other girls or stories leaked while they were dating, that he had a girl back to the barracks or tongue down a girls throat at a party or while on holiday, she accepted it and went back or stayed. He barely has ever treated her with respect, imo even AFTER marrying her.  She (and her family) have been William sycophants and yes-people to him since the start of the romance in order to reel him in. You reap what you sow. I think what worries Kate more is that the image of a of a golden love match marriage between them is being shown for the facade it probably is.  

After reading some of Tanna's tweets over the years, since the marriage, this behavior by William is not new and usually kept in private at friends private Aristo house parties.

James Whitaker once said Kate will put up with ANYTHING because she wants the title and I believe him.
I don't feel sorry for Kate one bit or have any sympathy for William. Who I do feel sorry for is Charlotte and George who have two lazy shallow parents.
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: March 17, 2017, 12:05:24 PM »

As far as I am aware this is however a regular occurence, something Kate is used to, it's only the first time it's become this public. That is what is likely going to enrage K & her mother, the public humiliation.

^^^ This!

I'm not even sure Kate cares that much; she got what she bargained for. Yes, I ABSOLUTELY believe that the marriage is a deal that was bargained and negotiated.

He needed to marry, she wanted him and was/is willing to accept any terms & bad behaviour. It's not as if there was anyone else who wanted him, or who would have been willing to put up with him & the "royal" life.

She knew what she was getting in to.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: March 17, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »

Tanna did reply to someone that Kate would dismiss it but Carole wouldn't
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: March 17, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »

After this drama i dont see william getting cheese toast for awhile!

Keen!
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: March 17, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: