Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josephine & Vincent - NEWS  (Read 13270 times)
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »

The twins are three years old and they will likely start school at six. That's the normal age here Smiley

Thank you! I thought there were something similar like Estelle's pre-school Wink

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:47 AM »

Mary and Frodo made the choice of public school based on ensuring the kids would mix with the 'right' children (i.e. wealthy).  There was no - AFAIK - consideration of the kids' interests and capabilities.

Given alot of the DRF's holidays and assets are paid for by benefactors, it's never too early for the kids to mix with the people who will pay for their holidays / life in the future.

I'd like to add that I believe that in Christian's case that the school, faculty and students were selected because they'd be the best fit for him and his educational/behavioral needs.  As Maria and other Danish posters have pointed out, the class stays together for years which is unlike most American schools in which we will shift groups from year to year.

If Fred had had a better experience at Krebs and if they had been able to meet Christian's needs then I do believe Mary and Fred would have considered that school for its student population.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2014, 08:02:47 AM »

Today's daily dose of bullshit.

“It was lovely to hear the Greenlandic people call the twins by their middle names, Ivalo and Minik. There is a reason why they got Greenlandic middle names in the first place. We use them at home as well so it’s far from unnatural to hear them used all the time.”

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark on Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine’s Greenlandic middle names and how they are used in Greenland.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »

Fun fact: one of the videos on the Greenland trip thread shows, clearly and unmistakeably, Josie reacting with surprise and delight when she heard a Greenland official refer to "princess Ivalo". Yes, she knows that name.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »

Fun fact: one of the videos on the Greenland trip thread shows, clearly and unmistakeably, Josie reacting with surprise and delight when she heard a Greenland official refer to "princess Ivalo". Yes, she knows that name.
Here that is
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »

Crazy idea: The kids only get new titles when they've grown up and done something serious to deserve them?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2014, 08:57:31 PM »

In that case, they would probably never get titles!
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2014, 06:10:50 AM »

Here that is

Thanks, Kiki.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:50 AM »

Perhaps she felt bashful, some kids react that way.

I love Vincent, he is so relaxed.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »

Whatever that reaction was, she knew he was referring to her.

Vincent looks as if he did not enjoy that trip, he just endured it. He does not look to me like a happy child.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Here that is

She looks like she's making a face that says, "That's not my real name!  Why are they calling me that?" IMO.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »

Just curious, why got the twins such names but Christian and Isabella didn´t?
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

Whatever that reaction was, she knew he was referring to her.

Vincent looks as if he did not enjoy that trip, he just endured it. He does not look to me like a happy child.

I agree re Vincent. Have we ever seen him smile? I know Isabella never smiler when she was younger either but he looks completely stone faced most of the time.

Cloudberry

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »

Just curious, why got the twins such names but Christian and Isabella didn´t?

Maybe it didn't occur to them until the twins were born that it might be a nice gesture? I don't know either so I'm just speculating.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

With the first two kids, there were a lot of name traditions they had to honour. They had to include a Danish royal name (in these cases Christian and Margrethe) and then the (great) grandparents of both sides (Henri John and Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe). With Isabella, the individual touch is her first name and with Christian it's Valdemar - both of which are nice, but very popular and thus not very original names.

But the twins are so far down the succesion line that the name traditions are less important and therefore the Derfs could freestyle more.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: