Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willem & Max - EVENTS  (Read 225444 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: February 21, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »

To connect a town to a river is quite usual in Germany (like Frankfurt am Main) and England (Stratford upon Avon) as well.
It dates back to the times without postal codes...

Yup
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »

To connect a town to a river is quite usual in Germany (like Frankfurt am Main) and England (Stratford upon Avon) as well.
It dates back to the times without postal codes...

Yup

I saw that also here in Italy or at least at the north part -Cassano d'Adda, were Adda is the name of the river or even Cernusco sul Naviglio,were naviglio actually is navigable canal- so strange

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: February 22, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2017, 09:29:07 AM »

?Their Majesties King Willem-Alexander and Queen M?xima will embark on a state visit to Italy and Vatican City in June.?
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »

I know how to pronounce it, but not how to explain it to a non Dutch speaker    Wink

Just looked it up at Wikipedia, both the Dutch and Engelish version give a way of pronounciation.:
https://nl.wikipedia.org/...ki/Krimpen_aan_den_IJssel
https://en.wikipedia.org/...ki/Krimpen_aan_den_IJssel

BTW when breaking down the name, it literally means something like a town called Krimpen, which is located at the IJssel river. To be extra confusing you have two IJssel rivers in the Netherlands, namely 1 in the east which is a branch of the Rhine (and after which the IJsselmeer is named) and 1 in the west, the so called Hollandse (or Hollandsche) IJssel. Krimpen is located in the vicinity of the last one.

You see similar naming for other Dutch towns, for example Alphen aan den Rijn (Alphen at the Rhine), Guelle aan de Maas (Guella at the Meuse) and Millingen aan de Rijn (Millingen at the Rhine).

Something new I learn.  Thanks.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:06 PM »

State visit from Argentina ... Max wearing the Stuart Necklace for the first time since 45+ years

So hopefully she'll also bring on the Stuart tiara soon.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: April 14, 2017, 01:58:10 AM »

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima held a lunch for 28 guests who have successful performances in various fields at Hague Noordeinde Palace on April 11, 2017, Tuesday. The guests consisted of award winner people having extraordinary performances in various fields like art, culture, media and journalism, science and sports.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: April 24, 2017, 06:27:22 PM »

Easter Weekend
WaxMax traveled with their 3 daughters to spend Easter in Greece
Willem Alexander and Maxima, with their three daughters, traveled to Greece for the Easter Weekend celebrations. The family participated in the celebration of Orthodox Easter alongside the former King of Greece and his wife. The family owns a property in Greece since 2012 and resides there very regularly.

(photo: curtesy ofHola Argentina magazine)

onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: April 24, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »

Easter Weekend
Willem Alexander and Maxima, with their three daughters, traveled to Greece for the Easter Weekend celebrations. The family participated in the celebration of Orthodox Easter alongside the former King of Greece and his wife. The family owns a property in Greece since 2012 and resides there very regularly.

That's so sweet! Maybe they went swimming already, the weather was really warm those days, some of my friends had already begun. Someone coming from Northern Europe wouldn't have problem to swim.  (I obviously had and there was no way to go in April at the beach Blush )
Zazoo

Mini Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: April 24, 2017, 07:20:58 PM »

Easter Weekend

That's so sweet! Maybe they went swimming already, the weather was really warm those days, some of my friends had already begun. Someone coming from Northern Europe wouldn't have problem to swim.  (I obviously had and there was no way to go in April at the beach Blush )
the girls are so cute ! now this April in Cyprus was rather cold but when I'm there I definitely start early I dont think greece is a lot of different !

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: April 24, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »

What I like the most is how happy they all look and sincerely comfortable with each other.

Cyprus is a lot warmer than Greece but, apart from this, I can't stand the cold water before the middle of May, I tried 2 years ago to swim in end of April/beginning of May and I just couldn't as soon as I felt the water on my feet.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: April 24, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

That's interesting.  I didn't know that they were so close with K&AM.   Thinking  They've never done this before, IIRC.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: April 24, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »

That's interesting.  I didn't know that they were so close with K&AM.   Thinking  They've never done this before, IIRC.
Since they are neighbors in Porto Heli, maybe they spend together private time during holidays and this is why we haven't seen any pics.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: April 24, 2017, 10:19:18 PM »

Since they are neighbors in Porto Heli, maybe they spend together private time during holidays and this is why we haven't seen any pics.

That's most likely the reason.  I forgot that they'd bought a place in Greece. 

Interestingly, the NL and the Dutch Royal Family officially refer to Constantine and AM as "ex-king and ex-queen" unlike the other royal families and European countries who tend to refer to them as the king and queen of the Hellenes. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: April 24, 2017, 10:36:46 PM »

Interesting indeed, I can't imagine why though. Here, we call them "ex-king and ex-queen" for political reasons (and because, obviously, we as greek people chose not to have a king). They are being called "king and queen" by monarchists only.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: