Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphine Boel wants DNA-tests for Filip and Astrid!  (Read 32279 times)
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »

There's nothing lower than fathering a child and then refusing to acknowledge it.   I too hope she gets the DNA tests. 

But why not get Laurent to do it if he would be amenable?Huh?  Thinking

I think it's well known Albert and Paola did a whole lot of straying. 
Absolutely  Thumb up If he is the father,& I believe he is, then he should own up to it and deal with the situation he,himself created. This woman has a right to know the truth(IMO) without a shadow of a doubt.
Paola

Micro Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »

An article in English:

Sculptor seeks recognition as Belgian king's daughter

Belgian sculptor Delphine Boel has gone to court to win official recognition as the natural daughter of Belgium's King Albert II, reports said Monday.
Boel, 45, has filed a suit requiring King Albert, his heir Prince Philippe and daughter Princesse Astrid to appear in a Brussels court, palace spokesman Bruno Neve de Mevergnies told AFP.
Another son, Laurent, was not mentioned in the suit.
The RTBF television station said Boel, who has a distinct likeness to Albert, was hoping to get the court to order a DNA test so as to establish her relationship with the king.
A court hearing has been set for June 25, according to the Belga news agency.
Boel carries the name of her legal father, Jacques Boel, who comes from a wealthy industrial family.
Her mother is Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps who, according to a 1999 book, had an affair with Albert in the 1960s before he became king.
After the book came out, King Albert appeared to acknowledge the facts when he remarked that his marriage had gone through "a crisis" some 30 years earlier.
The king went no further, however, and has since made no mention again of the crisis nor of Boel.
Albert, 79, was known to like the high life and be a lover of fast cars in his youth. In 1958, he married a noted beauty of the day, Italian aristocrat Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria.
The monarchy holds a key position in Belgium, a country sharply divided between its French- and Flemish-speaking halves and it regularly features in gossip magazines, not always in the most favourable light.
After a scandal over its finances, the government agreed earlier this month that the royal family would now have to pay taxes on its state allowances for the first time since Belgium declared independence in 1830.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »

She looks a lot like Archiduchess Elisabeth Marie of Austria, who was the only child of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria and Princess Stéphanie of Belgium (King's Léopold II of Belgium)

https://en.wikipedia.org/...lisabeth_Marie_of_Austria

I'm too stupid to post a picture  Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush Blush

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »

Hmmm; I still think she looks strikingly like Astrid.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:59:53 PM by Dresstoimpress » Logged
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »

But why should Laurent and Astrid have to provide DNA for her when they have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Albert is her father?  ITA that it doesn't put Albert in a very good light if he's refusing to acknowledge her if she is indeed his biological child, but that is not anything to do with Laurent and Astrid.

You're right; they should not have to.  Albert should act like a man and do so himself. 

Barring Albert's taking responsibility for his actions, I think that one of the three children volunteering is simply the right thing to do under the circumstances, but they don't have an obligation to do so.  As royals they enjoy enormous privileges, and therefore should shoulder enormous moral responsibilities. 

Frankly, if I were a Belgian citizen I would think less of them for not helping this woman learn the truth than worrying about some "scandal."  The scandal is making her go through the uncertainty.  It's not as if her claim is made out of whole cloth.  Wasn't Albert a known philanderer, or am I wrong about this?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »

But why should Laurent and Astrid have to provide DNA for her when they have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Albert is her father?  ITA that it doesn't put Albert in a very good light if he's refusing to acknowledge her if she is indeed his biological child, but that is not anything to do with Laurent and Astrid.

You're right; they should not have to.  Albert should act like a man and do so himself. 

Barring Albert's taking responsibility for his actions, I think that one of the three children volunteering is simply the right thing to do under the circumstances, but they don't have an obligation to do so.  As royals they enjoy enormous privileges, and therefore should shoulder enormous moral responsibilities. 

Frankly, if I were a Belgian citizen I would think less of them for not helping this woman learn the truth than worrying about some "scandal."  The scandal is making her go through the uncertainty.  It's not as if her claim is made out of whole cloth.  Wasn't Albert a known philanderer, or am I wrong about this?

Yes, he and Paola had many affairs (allegedly).  I also think that they should take the test.  It's not like this claim totally comes out of left field.  The woman very much resembles Albert IMO. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

Why hasn't Laurent taken a test? Thinking

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

her daughter Josephine

Elisabeth

Philippe

Star PC

Anyone knows why Laurent and Albert drifted apart?
Badger

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »

But why should Laurent and Astrid have to provide DNA for her when they have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Albert is her father?

Because their father is not available for the test and in such cases, the DNA from siblings can be used for a test. IMO, everybody has the right to know who their parents are and a king should not have the possibility to avoid such tests.

Again, how is that their problem? 
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »

But why should Laurent and Astrid have to provide DNA for her when they have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Albert is her father?

Because their father is not available for the test and in such cases, the DNA from siblings can be used for a test. IMO, everybody has the right to know who their parents are and a king should not have the possibility to avoid such tests.

To me it isn't necessarily their problem but it is the compassionate thing to do. There is nothing to lose by doing so. Even if they don't like her or want nothing to do with her they could at least give her the peace of mind of being able to prove who her father is. She is their half-sister and that isn't her fault. I'm guessing if one of them or one of their kids suddenly needed a kidney or bone marrow donation Delphine wouldn't be getting the cold shoulder.

Albert not agreeing just seems so spiteful. It isn't like the fact that Albert and Paola had many affairs is a secret. They overcame that and still seem to be truly in love now. None of this is Delphine's fault so I don't understand how Albert can be essentially forgiven yet Delphine who is an innocent party can be rejected.

I also hate when people who seem to be so damn religious seem to lack compassion for others.

My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »

I don't think anybody doubts Albert is her biological father. When that 90s book was printed, Albert didn't deny the findings, IIRC, he just said he and Paola had marriage problems X years ago (about when Delphine was born) and asked for privacy.

Delphine once told about trying to talk to him on the phone and him screaming at her never to contact him again. Sad
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 11:12:09 PM »

It's not their problem but it is the only way Delphine can prove Albert is her father. It's the only legal route she has at this time.
BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:27 AM »

To me it isn't necessarily their problem but it is the compassionate thing to do. There is nothing to lose by doing so. Even if they don't like her or want nothing to do with her they could at least give her the peace of mind of being able to prove who her father is. She is their half-sister and that isn't her fault. I'm guessing if one of them or one of their kids suddenly needed a kidney or bone marrow donation Delphine wouldn't be getting the cold shoulder.

Albert not agreeing just seems so spiteful. It isn't like the fact that Albert and Paola had many affairs is a secret. They overcame that and still seem to be truly in love now. None of this is Delphine's fault so I don't understand how Albert can be essentially forgiven yet Delphine who is an innocent party can be rejected.

I also hate when people who seem to be so damn religious seem to lack compassion for others.

You are so damn right.   Star Star
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »

i hope she will win
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »

it would be great if she does but it's not going to be an easy one.

latest news is that her request may incite the king not to abdicate as he will not have to submit to any dna test as long as he is king.

it's a pathetic situation and part of the problem lies with paola who could never accept that albert had a several year relationship with and was close to leave her for delphine's mother. part of the deal of them resuming/saving their marriage was to pretend that this relationship and the child never existed. it's a violent and cruel thing to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: