Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Philippe & Queen Mathilde  (Read 230220 times)
Poniatowska

Baby Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:59:26 PM »

They do look great, but I'm wondering what makes a person look Polish?  Thinking I'm Polish myself and I'm curious what you mean by that! Smiley
Noor76

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »

They do look great, but I'm wondering what makes a person look PolishThinking I'm Polish myself and I'm curious what you mean by that! Smiley

I don't think she meant Polish as the country; I think she meant Polish in pol.ish --- a refined state. That's how I interpret it.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polish

Love is many things. It's varied. One thing it is not and can never be is unsure.
Marie

Muted
Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »

Yes Noor, lol !  Grin You're right. She looks perfectly refined from tip to toe ! Not a single hair is misplaced or a single thing is mismatched, pure perfection  Thumb up this new Queen !

Je suis Charlie
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 12:21:24 AM »

Wow, I love the new photos - the styling and the background especially is superb IMO I wished they'd use less photoshop though.
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »

Matilde looks beautiful and classy

Yes. That blue gown brings out her eyes beautifully.

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

I look good, but I am such a bitch.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »

Mathilde looks fabulous, Philippe dignified. I like this couple  Thumb up

Phil needs to bring back the beard and glasses.    Rrrooowwwwrrrrrr!!!!!!

Pippa catches the scent of a wealthy bachelor.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »

Looks like the exact same shade of blue that her BFF Max wore when she became Queen? (Not a complaint, just a comment.)

Sorry, I can't remember--was Max'x investiture gown by Satan? Is this gown Mathilde is wearing for the formal portraits by Satan?

In any case, Satan must be rubbing his hands with glee--he's now the favorite designer of 2 European queens, plus greatly favored by the GD family of Lux. And most (tho not all) of his clothes absolutely suck  Dead
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 12:34:47 AM »

Classy couple - this new King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.
Photographer, Marina Cox, did well in capturing their dignity.
I sincerely hope that they are beneficial for Belgium.
It seems appropriate that Mathilde wears the Nine Provinces tiara.  Thumb up

I also hope that their children cope with the change in dynamics in their family life while they are still quite young.

I will miss seeing pictures of Albert and Paola especially.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:46:36 AM by Cloaked » Logged
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 06:05:52 AM »

Out of interest, what would've happened if Phillipe had not refused the government's dismissal? Is it like if the Queen refuses a new PM over here and the whole country is under the Army for a bit?
Probably the ministers of state take over. I will try to find it out, it's interesting to know indeed.

Re the government, during their audience yesterday many federal ministers went on the balcony, took pictures and started waving like the royals, just like giggling schoolkids. And then they realized there were still TV cameras filming the balcony and they made a quick jump back into the palace.  Laughing
Poniatowska

Baby Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »

They do look great, but I'm wondering what makes a person look PolishThinking I'm Polish myself and I'm curious what you mean by that! Smiley

I don't think she meant Polish as the country; I think she meant Polish in pol.ish --- a refined state. That's how I interpret it.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polish

Ah, thank you guys, I've totally missed that pun! She does look polished, no doubt Smiley
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »

i like these portraits philippe is elegant and mathilde gorgeous
babalux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »

Philippe started the overdue reorganisation of the court and appointed new advisors yesterday.
The new chief of cabinet is an absolute heavyweight and served European President Van Rompuy as chief of cabinet until last year. General consensus is that Philippe couldn't have found a better person for this job. The press department will be larger and more professional than it was under Albert. Albert's spokesman is dismissed; makes many journalists happy cause he really wasn't up to the job. Hope they start their work immediately, the courts homepage is one big mess and needs an complete overhaul. There was also criticism that no persons of immigrant origin were employed. This is a thing of the past now as Philippe asked a young woman with Turkish roots to serve at the PR department.
Philippe's old department, the House of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant ceased to exist and will be re-activated when Elisabeth joins the royal business. There's a new House of King Albert. He keeps one of his trusted former staff members and Paola keeps her lady-in-waiting. Paola and Fabiola both have ladies-in-waiting. There's no information so far if Mathilde continues this tradition, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't cause she has been more on the no-nonsense side so far.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

That sounds pretty good Smiley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »

Looks like the exact same shade of blue that her BFF Max wore when she became Queen? (Not a complaint, just a comment.)

Sorry, I can't remember--was Max'x investiture gown by Satan? Is this gown Mathilde is wearing for the formal portraits by Satan?

In any case, Satan must be rubbing his hands with glee--he's now the favorite designer of 2 European queens, plus greatly favored by the GD family of Lux. And most (tho not all) of his clothes absolutely suck  Dead
Don't forget that he's already working on two future Queens as well. He designed their outfits for their Papa's investitures. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »

Don't forget that he's already working on two future Queens as well. He designed their outfits for their Papa's investitures. 
 Blink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: