Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the net worth of the Danish Royal Family  (Read 3705 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 04:02:09 AM »

" The pair spend much of the year touring the world attending sailing championships where Frederik competes and Mary has four golf club memberships at the most exclusive courses in Copenhagen. They also ski in Switzerland every year.

Thx for this link, LS Thumb up

Ummm...when was the last time any photos emerged of MEdiana playing golf... and I  mean with white little balls on the green, hookay 

G Thinking

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Cloaked

Humongous Member

Fiji Fiji

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 04:14:39 AM »

I didn't know that Mary played golf!!  Yikes
Golf memberships are often very expensive.  Do you think that they were gifted?

I have read that, compared to other Royal families, the Danish Royal Family is not nearly as wealthy.
I wonder if their net worth has changed much during the recent Financial World Crisis?

freethespoon

Ginormous Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 04:16:49 AM »

I'm guessing that Mary was going to be the next Tiger Woods but gave it up to help slow Danes.  Isn't that how her PR works?  Mary does (x).  Mary is an icon therefore her engagement with (x) can't be anything but stupendous and life changing.  Therefore, Mary just doesn't do (x), she is a world champion at (x).

Obvious PR is obvious. So far, Mary was a lawyer, equestrian, competitive swimmer, humanitarian, Prime Minister, Pope... fill me in if I've missed anything.

RD when Leti became Queen.  Before Not Queen Mary.
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 04:33:09 AM »

I didn't know that Mary played golf!!  Yikes
Golf memberships are often very expensive.  Do you think that they were gifted?

I have read that, compared to other Royal families, the Danish Royal Family is not nearly as wealthy.
I wonder if their net worth has changed much during the recent Financial World Crisis?

I've always read the Danish RF is one of the poorest compared to the other RF's.  The richest are Liechtenstein, Dutch RF, Monaco and Great Britain. 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 04:56:13 AM »

I'm guessing that Mary was going to be the next Tiger Woods but gave it up to help slow Danes.  Isn't that how her PR works?  Mary does (x).  Mary is an icon therefore her engagement with (x) can't be anything but stupendous and life changing.  Therefore, Mary just doesn't do (x), she is a world champion at (x).

Obvious PR is obvious. So far, Mary was a lawyer, equestrian, competitive swimmer, humanitarian, Prime Minister, Pope... fill me in if I've missed anything.

yeah. You've missed out that MEDiana is GOD!! Halo

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
just a serf

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »

Ummm...when was the last time any photos emerged of MEdiana playing golf... and I  mean with white little balls on the green, hookay 

Dear getafix,

We are pleased to provide you with this authentic image of CP Mary playing golf.

Lene Blablabla

If you disagree with my post, click here for proof I am right
http://i.imgur.com/0p4ZeGe.gif
freethespoon

Ginormous Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »

When the focus point of the picture stops being Henrik's belly and starts being the weird creasing around your va-jay-jay, it's time to sack the stylist.

RD when Leti became Queen.  Before Not Queen Mary.
Louisa

Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 11:55:06 AM »

I'm guessing that Mary was going to be the next Tiger Woods but gave it up to help slow Danes.  Isn't that how her PR works?  Mary does (x).  Mary is an icon therefore her engagement with (x) can't be anything but stupendous and life changing.  Therefore, Mary just doesn't do (x), she is a world champion at (x).

She would have made a tremendous leader of North Korea given half the chance. You may call her Kim Jong-Mary, or "Dear Leader" for short.
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

Too-wit-too-whom?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »

Britain's Republic placed the annual cost of the Danish monarchy at 10.5 million...

I've started blogging about art... https://unhelpfulgalleryguide.wordpress.com/
lynda

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »

Wonder how much is in the Icon/Donaldson   ALERKA    account in Australia
Do they have to pay Australian taxes on this acount ?
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

Too-wit-too-whom?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »

Wealthiest royal families 2013: http://www.almanachdegotha.org/id229.html

And previous thread on their personal wealth here: http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=324.0

I've started blogging about art... https://unhelpfulgalleryguide.wordpress.com/
pocahontas

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »

No-one knows, of course, except a trusted bank manager in Switzerland ...

Agreed. It's likely all the RFs have hidden assets in Switzerland, hidden long ago for fear of revolutions, before people ever started talking about transparency. This money has probably been growing and growing for centuries. Unlike other rich people, the monarchs have a vested interest in appearing as poor as possible. If Denmark became a republic I think we'd be surprised how easily the family managed to maintain the same, even better, lifestyle they had as royalty.

I have no doubt that most RFs have some sort of contingency funds stashed away.

But the DRF have never given me the impression they have a great deal of personal wealth. I don't know whether it's because they are big spenders, or are reliant on freebies from friends, but something about them makes me think that they're just not that rich.

Obviously wealth is relative, and compared to the average Dane they're loaded, but I think they seem reliant on others

I agree. Compared to their Norwegian and Swedish counterparts who have similar histories, the DRF have fewer jewels, less impressive palaces, and lower budget clothing (before Mary anyway). Silvia, Victoria, MM wear very high end designers (Nina Ricci, Valentino, Saab) regularly. I can't recall Margrethe wearing big names even when she was younger and more fashionable. And Mary brought in Prada, but I'm sure if the DRF budget allowed her to, she would go higher end to Valentino. But I've only seen her use higher end accessories not clothes.

There's a "grandness" missing from the DRF. The Swedes have more impressive traditions: the king's birthday involving honor guards and such, the CP's birthday involving a meet and greet and a concert, a more impressive opening of parliament (they ride carriages), etc.

Drottningholm is an impressive palace and it it the SRF's private home. The royal palace in Oslo is the King's home and it is way more grand than Amalienborg.

So I think the DRF is on a budget, but Mary didn't get the memo.
pocahontas

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »

Dear getafix,

We are pleased to provide you with this authentic image of CP Mary playing golf.

Lene Blablabla

Well the guys on the left with the golf clubs look more royal, aristocratic, and classy than that odd bunch on the right. And that's supposed to be a crown princess, a prince consort, and a queen. Never would've guessed. Fred actually looks decent there compared to the others.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: