Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The (former) Royal Family of Serbia (Yugoslavia) news  (Read 23580 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »

Apparently Alexander and Katherine are in town (Chicago); there was a clip of them on the news visiting a school this afternoon. I'm very surprised that their being here was covered - albeit briefly - by the local media.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »

Gala dinner for "Crown Prince" Alexander's 70th birthday, attended by lots of royals (incl. a few "major" ones):
http://www.royalfamily.or...h-crown-prince-alexander/

Seriously WTH with those deposed "royals" and their titles:

The birthday celebration was graced by the presence of: Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden (His Majesty is the head of state of Sweden), His Serene Highness Prince Albert of Monaco (head of state of Monaco) in his first visit to Serbia, Her Majesty Sofia of Spain, Their Majesties King Simeon II and Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians, Their Royal Highnesses Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu of Romania, His Royal Highness Prince Nikola Petrovic Njegos of Montenegro, Their Royal Highnesses Prince Raad Bin Zaed and Princess Majda Bin Zaed of Jordan, Their Royal Highnesses Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianna of Baden, His Highness Prince Aga Khan Amin, His Royal Highness Prince Nikola (the son of HRH Prince Tomislav), Princess Ira of F?rstenberg, His Royal Highness Prince Serge (the son of HRH Prince Alexander son of HRH Prince Paul), Prince Pierre and Princess Sylvia d?Arenberg,  Ms. Victoria De Silva (the granddaughter of HRH Prince Tomislav), Sir Desmond de Silva Q.C, P.C.

Really, they need to get a grip, but it won't happen ever  Roll Eyes thanks edit  Star interesting array of crazy  Tongue

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 12:49:46 AM »

My god, the delusion of these people.  They're lucky they're even allowed back in the country at all.   Roll Eyes 

I was always kind of under the impression that monarchs of reigning families didn't like to be too visible with former royals in countries that have deposed the monarchy.   Thinking  I'm surprised to see Sweden there (nothing Albert does surprises me because he has a lot of power). 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Royal Di

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »

My god, the delusion of these people.  They're lucky they're even allowed back in the country at all.   Roll Eyes 
I was always kind of under the impression that monarchs of reigning families didn't like to be too visible with former royals in countries that have deposed the monarchy.   Thinking I'm surprised to see Sweden there (nothing Albert does surprises me because he has a lot of power). 

Crown Prince Alexander is the godson of Queen Elizabeth II and was a classmate of Prince Charles at Gordonstoun, so he is well connected in royal circles.

Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Katherine share a passion for helping children.  Katherine attended the 2014 Global Children's Forum in Dubai at the invitation of Queen Silvia.  I have always been impressed that CG and Silvia, along with Queen Sofia, make an effort to attend events for "lesser" royals and distant relatives.

Apparently, Alexander and Katherine are in town (Chicago); there was a clip of them on the news visiting a school this afternoon. I'm very surprised that their being here was covered - albeit briefly - by the local media.

The Serbian Royal Family has a long history with the Chicago metropolitan area, which has the largest Serbian population outside of Belgrade.  Alexander's father, King Peter II of Yugoslavia, was buried in Libertyville, Illinois - just north of Chicago - for 40 years.  His remains were recently returned to his homeland, at the request of his son.

Prince Alexander lived in Chicago for a few years with his first wife, Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganza.  Their first son, Hereditary Prince Peter, was born in Chicago in 1980.

Princess Katherine is patron of the humanitarian organization "Lifeline Chicago" which raises money to help those in need in Serbia.  She and her husband attend fund raising events in Chicago almost every year.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:05:51 AM by Royal Di » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 04:54:34 AM »

I was always kind of under the impression that monarchs of reigning families didn't like to be too visible with former royals in countries that have deposed the monarchy.   Thinking  I'm surprised to see Sweden there (nothing Albert does surprises me because he has a lot of power). 

Crown Prince Alexander is the godson of Queen Elizabeth II and was a classmate of Prince Charles at Gordonstoun, so he is well connected in royal circles.

Doesn't make a difference, they are non-existent royals, godson of a ruling monarch or not. Their title does not exist in their respective country anymore - since 1918.

rosella

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 05:37:00 AM »

Doesn't make a difference, they are non-existent royals, godson of a ruling monarch or not. Their title does not exist in their respective country anymore - since 1918.

Actually the family were in power until April 1941. Peter II, who was very young, had to flee the Nazi invasion. He was prevented from ruling by the communists after the Second World War, and he and his Queen lived in exile, but he never abdicated.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »

My god, the delusion of these people.  They're lucky they're even allowed back in the country at all.   Roll Eyes  
I was always kind of under the impression that monarchs of reigning families didn't like to be too visible with former royals in countries that have deposed the monarchy.   Thinking I'm surprised to see Sweden there (nothing Albert does surprises me because he has a lot of power).  

Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Katherine share a passion for helping children.  Katherine attended the 2014 Global Children's Forum in Dubai at the invitation of Queen Silvia.  I have always been impressed that CG and Silvia, along with Queen Sofia, make an effort to attend events for "lesser" royals and distant relatives.

Apparently, Alexander and Katherine are in town (Chicago); there was a clip of them on the news visiting a school this afternoon. I'm very surprised that their being here was covered - albeit briefly - by the local media.

The Serbian Royal Family has a long history with the Chicago metropolitan area, which has the largest Serbian population outside of Belgrade.  Alexander's father, King Peter II of Yugoslavia, was buried in Libertyville, Illinois - just north of Chicago - for 40 years.  His remains were recently returned to his homeland, at the request of his son.

Prince Alexander lived in Chicago for a few years with his first wife, Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganza.  Their first son, Hereditary Prince Peter, was born in Chicago in 1980.

Princess Katherine is patron of the humanitarian organization "Lifeline Chicago" which raises money to help those in need in Serbia.  She and her husband attend fund raising events in Chicago almost every year.

That's nice (and I already knew most of that), but I still stand by my statement.  They are not royal, and their behaving as such is comical, IMO.   It shows poor form for a reigning monarch to participate in this event (unless CG was a sibling, then it's understandable) in the country that got rid of these people in the first place. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:02:32 PM by pixiecat » Logged

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »

Actually the family were in power until April 1941. Peter II, who was very young, had to flee the Nazi invasion. He was prevented from ruling by the communists after the Second World War, and he and his Queen lived in exile, but he never abdicated.

Not entirely true. There were 2 branches of this family that supplied regents and claimants to the throne. That branch of the family was living deposed in exile until in 1918 the parliament chose to crown Peter I king of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes. This line then went on to rule up until 1941, when the monarchy in the new Yugoslavia was abolished by a Germany, Bulgaria, Hungary and Italy invaded Yugoslavia in 1941.

This branch provided following reigning Kings   
- 1918?1921   Peter I
- 1921?1934   Alexander I
- 1934?1941   Peter II (father of "Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia")

During the above named invasion Peter II left Yugoslavia for London to establish a government in exile, meaning he left his country and troops to die and be captured....but as it always is the rats were deserting the sinking ship. So in the end they reigned, but only for 16 years! In 1941 royalty was abolished in Yugoslavia, and therefore their title as well. Hence my statement, that he is not Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia anymore, and hasn't been since 1941. Easy-peasy.

As to the date 1918/19, my comment was actually directed to the Romanian's (Romanian Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen branch defunct in 1919), Arenberg's (Habsburg Netherlands branch/noble family/dukes since 1616 because of the NL), and Montenegro (w/defunct throne 1921)

So yes, "royalty" indeed, the lot of them.

jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 08:48:33 PM »

I agree they are not reigning royalty and have no right to any sort of condescension, curtsying, bowing, etc., but they are blood-related to royalty as well as to other 1%-ers, so they are still modern royalty/aristocracy/jet-setters-whatever you wanna call 'em.  I'm assuming this was a private event and not paid for by a governmental institution. Some of them were born when their families still ruled.  I think it's the next generations that will seem even more ridiculous and pointless if they are still using their "titles."
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »

I agree they are not reigning royalty and have no right to any sort of condescension, curtsying, bowing, etc., but they are blood-related to royalty as well as to other 1%-ers, so they are still modern royalty/aristocracy/jet-setters-whatever you wanna call 'em.  I'm assuming this was a private event and not paid for by a governmental institution. Some of them were born when their families still ruled.  I think it's the next generations that will seem even more ridiculous and pointless if they are still using their "titles."

Yup, see the Habsburg-Lothringen (Habsburg-Lorraine).....Imperial Royal Highness my arse.

Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »

"Prince" Michael Karadjordjevic married Ljubica Ljubisavljevic in Oplenac, this weekend. Michael is the cousin of "Crown Prince" Alexander.

Some info about the couple: http://www.royalfamily.or...s-ljubica-karadjordjevic/

LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

Star A beautiful ceremony in a gorgeous church for this young not-princely couple !  Champagne Beer

I love her dress and the cake too.  (It's strange to put that in the same sentence.  Sweating )

I think this family is my favorite among the No-More-Royals.  Icecream

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: