Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: Should William step down and let Harry be the next Prince of Wales after Charles?
Yes, William is clearly not a good choice to be a future king. - 84 (58.7%)
Yes, but someone other than Harry should be PoW, who ______________? - 7 (4.9%)
No, William will grow into his future role. - 17 (11.9%)
No, the whole monarchy will collapse anyway before he becomes one. - 31 (21.7%)
Other, what? - 4 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 142

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Willy remove himself from the line of succession?  (Read 68205 times)
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2017, 06:14:39 AM »

It would brng more attention to the fact W isn't there.

And why go when she hates going to anything resembling work unless it has to do with Ben Ainslie? She ain't gonna go to a boring church service!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2017, 06:19:38 AM »

It isn't about the church service. It is about her being a good mother to the future king and respecting HM's place in the Commonwealth.
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2017, 06:34:26 AM »

But this is Kate. Do you think she cares about those things? No. It's all about her.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2017, 06:43:41 AM »

With Harry treating her not as civilly as he did in the past (their last few outings, Harry's politely cold to her in some photos),
With no Wills for her to try to entice,
With family who at the very least doesn't care for her and dislike her at the very most,
What's she have going on for her?

She's can't show off, can't show supremacy among the blood royals, the curtseys she have to do because there's no Wills to prop her status up.

Might as well just summon the hairdressers and sit back with Harrods online shopping and then call it caring for G & C.
She's look like a saint being abandoned by party husband with two children in a cold manor.

And since ths topic is about WIlls,
How Tone Deaf Can One PEerson Be?

But sugars will defend this deplorable behavior to the hilt.

Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2017, 07:09:55 AM »

The writing is on the wall for me at this point. William is the only parent of royal heirs in Europe who is doing zilch, zero, nada in the way of preparing his children for their certain royal future. This week he comes out and expresses what is an apparent dream of his to have his son slumming around the African sub continent? That would have been an appropriate thing for Harry to have said about his son. WTF William?

Also, I have joined in the merciless mockery of Kate when she awkwardly referred to her infant son as "King George" but perhaps little "slips" like that are a hint of her mental desperation from watching her husband throw away her sons future with both hands. 

I think that is unfair to say.  How do you prepare a 3 year old and a 1 year old for their future? At that age children are more interested in glitter and colourful toys. If you meant to say that he is not preparing himself for his future role, then I would be with you. Saying he isn't preparing his kids for their future roles as King and spare at this point is not needed.

I would disagree with you. Preparing George and Charlotte right now would be to get them use to the cameras, just look at the Monaco twins and Estelle is a perfect example.

Exactly MidnightDiamond.  No "what the heck" or deer caught in the headlights looks from them.

And you just know that their heads are being filled with "the photographers are bad people" comments from their father, if not both parents, when they should be being told that being photographed is just part of their lives, and that it is their duty to smile and be polite about it because their people are interested in them and want to see photos of them, and their duty is to serve the people.
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: March 14, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »

The writing is on the wall for me at this point. William is the only parent of royal heirs in Europe who is doing zilch, zero, nada in the way of preparing his children for their certain royal future. This week he comes out and expresses what is an apparent dream of his to have his son slumming around the African sub continent? That would have been an appropriate thing for Harry to have said about his son. WTF William?

Also, I have joined in the merciless mockery of Kate when she awkwardly referred to her infant son as "King George" but perhaps little "slips" like that are a hint of her mental desperation from watching her husband throw away her sons future with both hands. 

When did Kate say that?  Crazy
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »

When did Kate say that?  Crazy

During the first year of George's life. She told kids she hopes they get to meet King George.
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: March 14, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »

I'm not surprised she said that to be honest, but still... apart from Waity Katie who else would say something like that  Dash2

And yes William should remove himself from the line of succession. The sooner the better.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:43:55 AM by Georgie » Logged
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »

So, why didn't Kannot go to the event alone?
She could have. Even better she could have brought George with her.
(Charlotte's too young and should stay home with nanny.)
Except for fear of her own shadow, she could have gone.
Ask Will's Uncle Ed to be her partner for the event since Sophie was on a trip for HM.

An opportunity wasted.

Star  I just posted the same opinion on the William and Kate thread.  I believe that Kate should have gone, with or without William.  In fact, I believe she should have gone especially as the apparent future consort and the mother of a future king. 

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »

So, why didn't Kannot go to the event alone?
She could have. Even better she could have brought George with her.
(Charlotte's too young and should stay home with nanny.)
Except for fear of her own shadow, she could have gone.
Ask Will's Uncle Ed to be her partner for the event since Sophie was on a trip for HM.

An opportunity wasted.

Star  I just posted the same opinion on the William and Kate thread.  I believe that Kate should have gone, with or without William.  In fact, I believe she should have gone especially as the apparent future consort and the mother of a future king. 

To attend would show her having a mind of her own and I doubt that's what Will wants. But we might see it in the future. As long as it's a secret what he does all the time he is not at home Kate and Ma will be fine with it because they have the title, another future king and Diana 2.0 at home. But when it gets out what Will is doing and the House of Midds is ridiculed and embarrassed by him I think he will see a change in the behaviour of his obedient robot wife and loving mother-in-law that he won't like. Kate certainly is no Diana but if there is more proof that he behaves like a bachelor while KP tries to sell that image of loving husband and father the public will side with her.
Kate knew exactly what kind of man Will is but in the long run #keepingupappearances 2.0 will go as wrong as the first version in the 90s did.  Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:30 PM »

I've long thought that Will does NOT want to succeed to the throne.

My personal speculation is that this is known & understood by everyone involved & TPTB, but that there's an unspoken agreement for nothing to be done or said about it until the Queen (long may she reign!) is gone. Out of respect for her.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:07 PM »

My personal speculation is that this is known & understood by everyone involved & TPTB, but that there's an unspoken agreement for nothing to be done or said about it until the Queen (long may she reign!) is gone. Out of respect for her.

There have been people saying that. I mean William judging by the Verbier incident, does not care and probably wants them to get upset and angry with him, I mean in the past he clearly did not care(EAAA incident ex), I think he is trying to get them to get rid of him or something!
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »

There have been people saying that. I mean William judging by the Verbier incident, does not care and probably wants them to get upset and angry with him, I mean in the past he clearly did not care(EAAA incident ex), I think he is trying to get them to get rid of him or something!

The thing is, the Verbier 'incident' is NOT unusual behaviour for him. It's just the first (or at least one of the rare times) that British MSM has drawn attention to it. He's got away with it being brushed under the rug so many times, I don't think he even thinks about public perception anymore.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

TBH I don't think so. He was raised believing that it is his birthright. You don't have to work for your birthright because it will always be yours (in theory). I also doubt he sees these scandals as his mistake. It's the paps or his office or his RPOs or the kiss-and-tell girls or the stupid public with their phones or the media but never the great Prince William. So if he doesn't think they are mistakes, he doesn't do them on purpose to get out (not to mention that I doubt he is clever enough to do it this way). He just does what he wants and seems always surprised and probably feels unfairly judged when the media or public don't share his views.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

TBH I don't think so. He was raised believing that it is his birthright. You don't have to work for your birthright because it will always be yours (in theory). I also doubt he sees these scandals as his mistake. It's the paps or his office or his RPOs or the kiss-and-tell girls or the stupid public with their phones or the media but never the great Prince William. So if he doesn't think they are mistakes, he doesn't do them on purpose to get out (not to mention that I doubt he is clever enough to do it this way). He just does what he wants and seems always surprised and probably feels unfairly judged when the media or public don't share his views.

I agree with you on the bit I bolded.

He's just "living his life" the way he wants to, and is sublimely unaware and/or doesn't give a sh*t how that might be perceived.

IMO, although I'm aware many don't agree (& that's fine), it's because he knows he's not going anywhere near the throne in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: