Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - GALA dresses  (Read 94395 times)
Kaiserin

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »

Off-shoulder gown, hair in an up-do, sparkling dangle earrings, flashing oversize bracelet and...no necklace to finish it off?
 Crazy

User lovinlorne on OoS did a photoshop, mounting Cate Blanchett's 2016 BAFTA gown (also McQueen) on Kate.
Now there you can see what difference chosing the right cut for your body type makes.

That gown makes even the fake earrings look good.

And it makes her look like a grownup, so much better than the hot tulle prom queen mess with the awkward straps she was actually wearing.

Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:59 PM »

Off-shoulder gown, hair in an up-do, sparkling dangle earrings, flashing oversize bracelet and...no necklace to finish it off?
 Crazy

User lovinlorne on OoS did a photoshop, mounting Cate Blanchett's 2016 BAFTA gown (also McQueen) on Kate.
Now there you can see what difference chosing the right cut for your body type makes.

And it makes her look like a grownup, so much better than the hot tulle prom queen mess with the awkward straps she was actually wearing.

Oh.My.Goodness!   Doesn't that make such a difference!   I'd forgive the hair and the crotch-clutch purse if she turned up in a dress like that.  Talk about a picture telling a thousand words!

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »

^THIS!!  Yes Thumb up

She needs a stylist with a good eye who will pick flattering dresses like this for her. And she cannot have her say in it because she has no sense of style. Time to stop pretending to be a little girl, she needs to dress like a woman.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: February 19, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »

Crazy

This dress does amazing things to her figure!! Not only that it goes with her accessories perfectly. It is both modern and conservative at once.

I think Emily Blunt wore the same/similar outfit to the Baftas this year.

However, since it doesn't show legs and/or boobs and/or enticing clavicle, she won't go for it. She needs something to remind His Neighness of her assets.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2017, 06:08:26 AM »

However, since it doesn't show legs and/or boobs and/or enticing clavicle, she won't go for it. She needs something to remind His Neighness of her assets.
[/quote]

why can't IAMDiana carry her tits, a$$ and all her other orifices in a bell jar, like eunuchs used to do? 

Eunuchs used to carry their jars with all their ahrm accruments everywhere in the hope they'd be re-united with them one day  Crazy Smiley

this way, we can ooooggle at all her orifices to her heart's content 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »

Well the skirt part of the photoshopped dress looks a tad too african hut for me - but that might make it enticing for William? Or perhaps it looks like a bobby's hat? Aka quintessential british?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »

Crazy

What a difference!  One is fru-fru, the other is sleek.  One is a 70s throwback, the other is current.  One flatters, the other doesn't.  But our fashion-forward duchess chose the fru-fru.  *sigh*
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2017, 02:22:24 AM »

How can she make that amazing gown look bleak and lustreless?

The Packham gown for the evening - nobody else is in sparkly stuff.  Seems to me that Kate went a bit overboard on that.  Sparkly gown, diamond jewelry, glitter shoes, and sparkly clutch.  Seems sort of out-of-place in France.

My aunt has always worked in upscale women's clothing stores. Worked with her for two summers. In one store where she had worked, there was a pass-through to an adjacent shoe store and customers frequently bought dress and shoes at the same time. When women bought dresses similar to the Packham gown and chose sparkly shoes (as Kate has done) my aunt would tell the customer 'once you put your jewelry on there will be too many parties going on with the ensemble.' She and her customer would go the shoe store  and view the effect of different shoes with the chosen dress. Most of the time, the original shoe changed.

I don't like the choice of shoe with the Packham dress - too many parties going on. Plain satin heels, dyed to match the base fabric of the dress, would have let the dress have focus, complementing the design. A satin evening bag, dyed to match the shoes, would also have been better.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2017, 02:29:07 AM »

I love this dress! Really, I would buy it for myself and find an event to wear it if I could. But Kate makes Jenny Packham look tired. Same silhouette, same precious detail, same hair, heels and expression. Good dress - any way to crop her out of it?
stunking

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2017, 02:34:06 AM »

At least this gown is sleek on her.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2017, 03:41:04 AM »

This dress I LOVE!! And it actually looks great on her.
Lady of the Lurk

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2017, 05:13:31 AM »

Personally I'm not a fan of this dress on Kate - I don't think pale blues like this suit her colouring. Deep jewel tones, like the green coat she wore earlier in the day, just do so much more for her complexion. (That said, it is better than the black ankle-length dress with the lopsided belt.)
Ktc

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »

I like this look. shes tall and thin and can pull this off. That style of beading (denser in the center, gradually spreading out toward hips, flank etc..) can make someone curvy look large and be unflattering. But her minimal curves really make her able to pull this off.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: March 18, 2017, 01:57:59 PM »

I don't like the Jenny Packham gown, it looks far too shiny, more like a nightdress than a royal gown.
Vava

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »

How can she make that amazing gown look bleak and lustreless?

The Packham gown for the evening - nobody else is in sparkly stuff.  Seems to me that Kate went a bit overboard on that.  Sparkly gown, diamond jewelry, glitter shoes, and sparkly clutch.  Seems sort of out-of-place in France.

My aunt has always worked in upscale women's clothing stores. Worked with her for two summers. In one store where she had worked, there was a pass-through to an adjacent shoe store and customers frequently bought dress and shoes at the same time. When women bought dresses similar to the Packham gown and chose sparkly shoes (as Kate has done) my aunt would tell the customer 'once you put your jewelry on there will be too many parties going on with the ensemble.' She and her customer would go the shoe store  and view the effect of different shoes with the chosen dress. Most of the time, the original shoe changed.

I don't like the choice of shoe with the Packham dress - too many parties going on. Plain satin heels, dyed to match the base fabric of the dress, would have let the dress have focus, complementing the design. A satin evening bag, dyed to match the shoes, would also have been better.

Star
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: