Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - COATS/COATDRESSES  (Read 133720 times)
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2017, 04:48:23 AM »

I honestly don't know how she makes her wardrobe so boring, the Queen wears coat/coatdresses every engagement and I love seeing what color she chooses! Kate is always wearing blue, red, green(St Pattys), neutral. If she wears purple or orange I think my head would explode with excitement.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »

Eponine London ?1,650

I really dislike the seam running up the shoulders. IMO her body shape (inverted triangle/hips more narrow than shoulders) does not go with this pattern. IMO she looks like she has NFL shoulder pads on. I also hate hate hate the belt pulled way up under her breasts. IMO she looks ridiculous like that and exacerbates her hunching problem (noticeable in the second picture). It just looks really bad to me. I will say that the color is nice though (even though the "Thrifty Duchess" already has 4,976 blue coat dresses!)...

Also...those plastic hair clips?! Whhhaaaa? She doesn't have a lovely sparkly hair pin she could wear (i.e. DIAMONDS!)? Even something simple, like a plain silver or gold hairclip would look infinitely better than those plastic clips.

I agree, the seam makes it look even uglier and doesn't fit her body shape. Why would anyone want to hike the belt up like that is beyond me.  Huh? As a tall woman I often struggle to find clothing where the waist would be where it should be (which drives me mad) so I just simply cannot understand why she insists on faking where her waist is. She has a long back, so what?! Let the waist be where it is (even if it is hard to tell with her body type and being so skinny). I also cannot like the too short sleeves for similar reasons as stated before. I really do like sleeves that are the right length. They are harder to find the taller you are. Unless of course you have short arms.

I might wear those hair clips at home but to work or a festive occasion? No.

Now that I think about it... Does she still want to be like a little girl...? The raised waistline, the childish hair clips, the sausage curls... Mummy probably likes her style but seriously, she's had two kids - when is she going to grow up? She is dressing herself like one of the royal kids.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »

I honestly don't know how she makes her wardrobe so boring, the Queen wears coat/coatdresses every engagement and I love seeing what color she chooses! Kate is always wearing blue, red, green(St Pattys), neutral. If she wears purple or orange I think my head would explode with excitement.
But Diamond, she does wear bright colours like bright pink for sad occasions like visiting the twin tower memorial.
BTW, I do wear those butterfly pins too, when you style your hair, they are great for keeping the hair in place until the hairspray sets... A friend of my mom perpetually forgets to take the bobby pins, she uses to hold her curls until fully set, out of her hair when she leaves the house...LOL... perhaps Kate was in a hurry? Looks like she also forgot to wear either a slip or a dress underneath the coatdress.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

if she is raising the waist on her clothes to disguise her long torso - she is delusional - the raised waists just draw attention to her torso and she ruins dress after dress with that waist right under her boobs - who gives her this advice? 

Let's stop calling her Waity - her name is more appropriately Clueless
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »

if she is raising the waist on her clothes to disguise her long torso - she is delusional - the raised waists just draw attention to her torso and she ruins dress after dress with that waist right under her boobs - who gives her this advice?  

Let's stop calling her Waity - her name is more appropriately Clueless

Why don't we simply go with WAISTY from now on?
If we need to be formal, Her Royal Highwaist, Catherine the Clueless of Lamebridge.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2017, 05:48:07 AM »

I don't like the coat/dress that Kannot chose for her engagements. The alterations have been poorly made considering that Eponine does bespoke (custom) work. It reflects badly on them even if Kannot had the work done by someone else. I wonder if she thinks about that when she doesn't go back to the seller for alterations.

There were several other dresses that could have been chosen from Eponine's AW16 collection that would have looked much better on her figure than the blue coat/dress she chose.

See: www.eponinelondon.com/aw-16

Designs 1201, 1211, 1212, 1215 and 1223 would have visually changed the perception of her waistline without altering a belt line on the chosen piece (1208).

Those designs obscure the waistline. The sleeves could have been easily adjusted to whatever length she wanted. They are classic designs and could be worn for a long time, even altered in future. And, those pieces would have looked lovely in any of the fabrics shown in that collection. If she chose to have the pattern archived for her use, the designs could be constructed of other fabrics in future.

In addition, the clothes could have been accessorized with a pin, lovely single strand of pearls, that silver-colored necklace of rings or a beautiful silk scarf. Really, a jewelry ornament that highlights the space between the bustline and the neck would look crisp and frame the face.

IMHO
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:03:23 AM by PruNordstrom » Logged
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »

I don't like the coat/dress that Kannot chose for her engagements. The alterations have been poorly made considering that Eponine does bespoke (custom) work. It reflects badly on them even if Kannot had the work done by someone else. I wonder if she thinks about that when she doesn't go back to the seller for alterations.

There were several other dresses that could have been chosen from Eponine's AW16 collection that would have looked much better on her figure than the blue coat/dress she chose.

See: www.eponinelondon.com/aw-16

Designs 1201, 1211, 1212, 1215 and 1223 would have visually changed the perception of her waistline without altering a belt line on the chosen piece (1208).

Those designs obscure the waistline. The sleeves could have been easily adjusted to whatever length she wanted. They are classic designs and could be worn for a long time, even altered in future. And, those pieces would have looked lovely in any of the fabrics shown in that collection. If she chose to have the pattern archived for her use, the designs could be constructed of other fabrics in future.

In addition, the clothes could have been accessorized with a pin, lovely single strand of pearls, that silver-colored necklace of rings or a beautiful silk scarf. Really, a jewelry ornament that highlights the space between the bustline and the neck would look crisp and frame the face.

IMHO

Thanks for the links.  I agree with your suggestions, but would also throw 1220 into the mix - much more fashion forward than her usual, while still appropriate length, sleeves etc.  And it wouldn't look like 20% of her existing wardrobe, which her choice did!

I know there's been some debate as to why coatdresses - fully dressed without having a bulky coat to get rid off - but there are also in this collection some suits and cute jackets.  I wish she would try these occasionally; she'd look much more professional and polished.  But she'd inevitably ruin them with styling, alterations and accessories...
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: March 17, 2017, 03:45:47 PM »

Yet another green coat  Snore This one is bespoke Catherine Walker

She is looking worryingly thin though  Sad Look at those shoulder blades...

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: March 17, 2017, 03:56:08 PM »

I really like this coat even though she could have recycled one of her many others.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: March 17, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »

I really like this coat even though she could have recycled one of her many others.
Me too, I think she looks good today. It must be a nightmare, knowing everyone will be commenting on your body language (even more than usual) because of your idiot husband's behaviour.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2017, 04:13:34 PM »

Is she wearing a slip underneath!?! Tbh this is one of my favorite coats of hers, hate the hat though, accessories could be better. Love the color. But it is a copycat, very similar to Diana's green/black combo.

SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »

Is she wearing a slip underneath!?! Tbh this is one of my favorite coats of hers, hate the hat though, accessories could be better. Love the color. But it is a copycat, very similar to Diana's green/black combo.

Confused  Confused  Confused

CRIKEY! She has nothing on under the coat?Huh?
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »

Yet another green coat  Snore This one is bespoke Catherine Walker

She is looking worryingly thin though  Sad Look at those shoulder blades...

Not that she needed another green coat but I like this one more than her other plain green ones.  Not a fan of the buttons, I would switch them but that's just personal preference.

However, she looks very pale and even thinner than before.  Sad

Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

Confused  Confused  Confused

CRIKEY! She has nothing on under the coat?Huh?

I could be wrong but it looks like a small triangle of a very short skirt is visible .

Vava

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »

Yeah, those shoulder blades could cut right through that coat.

I'd switch the buttons, too.  Covered buttons in the same fabric as the coat.

Hate that hat.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: