Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's jewelry  (Read 216384 times)
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: April 03, 2017, 01:42:22 AM »

If I may just add to the slightly OT discussion: A wedding and funeral are both major events indeed and need planning, but those things can still be sprung on Liz et al., because they have it all planned in minute detail for everyone well in advance. Eg, W&K wedding was, amongst other things, a run through and test for Liz's funeral. Di's unexpected funeral was also on a major scale, but for her the plans for the queen mum's funeral were simply used. And when high profile clients need things others have to wait ages for, they get it. So when they have events like these, they usually arrange within 5-6 months for weddings, and it's possible for them, because most things are set in stone kind of, except details like let's say music and flowers. So even though it's massive planning, it's not that hard to do for them. They re-use most things and change minor & personal details, and voila, funerals & weddings on a grand scale are done in record time!
And also, indeed, Liz would never ever have to make a personal visit to the Abbey to reserve or suss out a possible date for anything.
You (all) made good points for assuming that Will didn't spring his engagement on his family, but you think in terms of an ordinary family, not one that's well connected and has power.

Bill doesn't give a fig about any acts and traditions. He (&K) regularly disrespect traditions of his own family, that have been there for centuries or at least decades. It is well known that the whole engagement was sprung on the Winds, & what were they supposed to do? All they can do really is grit their teeth and get on with it. They can hardly publicly show that a tiff is going on and an heir disrespects the monarch in such a way.

Re her jewellery, now that the topic has gone to their wedding, I remember early articles saying K is encouraged by Liz to "form a relationship with Cartier"; guess K prefers Kiki, no? :D

Trust me....if my future grandmother-in-law told me to form a relationship with Cartier (or Tiffany or Van Cleef & Arpels, Bulgar or Harry Winston) I would do it.       Especially if some, most, all of it would be paid for by someone else.

I guess if Kate is happy & comfortable with her jewellery choices, then that is what is most important. Even if some of are not fans of her choices.

Duchess of Verona

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: April 03, 2017, 02:33:19 AM »

IDK, I don't think her family would allow that... I suspect Will will get the choker(most famous with the ring) and Harry the saudi sapphires(since his birthstone is sapphire)

Judging by people saying the people close to Harry witnessed him finding out that William took the ring when he saw it on the news I think they locked the vault.

OOOOHHHH! Is there more about this story? Sounds juicy. From what I gather you are saying Willy didn't speak to Harry first about taking the ring (even though, apparently that was agreed upon) and Harry was pissed when he found out from the public announcement? Any other details??

Willy is SUCH a jerk.

IIRC the story is originally from someone on tumblr with military family/friends who happened to work with Harry (well, many tumblr girls claim that  Wink). He allegedly was told by Will about the engagement shortly before it went public but not about the ring and cursed when he found out watching the press call. I don't know if there is any truth in it but it certainly fits the known "facts". The Ring of Doom was what Harry chose as memento, Will and Harry didn't have the close realtionship anymore, the ring was probably somewhere in a vault so that Harry wouldn't notice if Will took it, Will was known to be cheap and despite Kate being Will's gf for many years Harry said shortly before the wedding he is looking forward to get to know Kate.

Thanks, MidnightDiamond , Suzy, Ellie -  Star Star Star all around!!  Jumping

I had heard the bit about Willy not telling the queen until the wheels were already in motion and they were about to give the public interview, but I hadn't heard the bit about the ring and Harry's reaction. See, this proves my theory that Harry really is done with playing some role to "protect the heir." I'm really hoping that the fact that Harry had some personal pics blocked, while - almost simultaneously - Willy was put on B.L.A.S.T. for his skiing and drunk dad dancing hi-jinks means that Harry is getting smarter (and/or has his own PR people) and is no longer going to roll over to make Willy look good at his own (Harry's) expense. I also hope that Charles is now going to let Willy suffer whatever consequences come his way as a result of his boorish and lazy behavior.

Willy is an a$$hole whose character flaws need to be seen. He seems to think nothing of throwing anyone - including his own brother - under the bus to get his way. VOMIT. 

I didn't know any of this! William obviously knew that the Queen would not approve of the marriage or he would have asked her permission well before the public announcement. And that is a crappy thing to do to your brother, agreement or not.

I just have to ask... didn't he need an approval as future head of state?  Thinking If I was the Queen, I would have said no and called off the press meeting.

Can you just imagine the uproar?  He had already given her The Ring.  If the Queen had said no, the press would have had a field day and who knows what Kate and her mother would have done.

William put the Queen in an impossible position by giving Kate the Ring, arranging the press conference and then asking for permission. 
I find this scenario to be extremely unlikely. There is no way that QEII didnt know about a theoretical proposal/engagement before it happened.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2017, 11:57:12 AM »

Well, they like to leak all kinds of stuff (the Midds), to make it look as if they are "in" with the RF..
Kate hasn't even got that many Cartier pieces, if she'd curb her Kiki purchases she might accumulate better Cartier et al jewellery.
Even the watch is speculated to be actually a freebie from one of those Cartier Polo cups, as she started wearing the watch shortly after Bill played in a Polo match sponsored by Cartier.
There were articles re Liz supposedly telling K to form a "relationship" with Cartier, hogwash anyway, but likely because she wore the Cartier tiara (I think?) and it's fankly a well known name, almost all ladies in that circle have some iteration of the Tank watch and the like, so hardly revolutionary.
Doubt Liz told anything much to Kate tbh. More something dreamt up by the Medds and put out to the papers, or "journalists" being bored and making sth up..

Kate's jewellery is a disappointment anyway, and not just because she doesn't wear anything big and blingy, but because she wears always the same and so much Kiki stuff.. She should get in talks with some of the court jewellers. Or maybe Kiki sends her stuff. Quite likely actually.

Maybe Kiki sends her stuff that's slow-moving, knowing that anything that's seen on Kate will sell. [/cynical font]

Possibly though  Even though the "Kate-Effect" is a non-existent fabrication of the press..

Kate can't accept free stuff, so I suspect she pays full price or her mother & sister get sent stuff and she uses it, already been confirmed once.

They are not supposed to, but there are ways around it. As you said, they either send the stuff to Car or Pip; but at times directly to Kate and the Cambs do accept freebies, they have been busted (eg PGTips's bathrobe). Even though the rule is in place to not accept freebies, I never believed that they (all the Winds) don't. Turns out they indeed do accept them.
The rule is more of a front for the public, so the public doesn't get mad that they get it all for free in spite of their riches.

If I may just add to the slightly OT discussion: A wedding and funeral are both major events indeed and need planning, but those things can still be sprung on Liz et al., because they have it all planned in minute detail for everyone well in advance. Eg, W&K wedding was, amongst other things, a run through and test for Liz's funeral. Di's unexpected funeral was also on a major scale, but for her the plans for the queen mum's funeral were simply used. And when high profile clients need things others have to wait ages for, they get it. So when they have events like these, they usually arrange within 5-6 months for weddings, and it's possible for them, because most things are set in stone kind of, except details like let's say music and flowers. So even though it's massive planning, it's not that hard to do for them. They re-use most things and change minor & personal details, and voila, funerals & weddings on a grand scale are done in record time!
And also, indeed, Liz would never ever have to make a personal visit to the Abbey to reserve or suss out a possible date for anything.
You (all) made good points for assuming that Will didn't spring his engagement on his family, but you think in terms of an ordinary family, not one that's well connected and has power.

Bill doesn't give a fig about any acts and traditions. He (&K) regularly disrespect traditions of his own family, that have been there for centuries or at least decades. It is well known that the whole engagement was sprung on the Winds, & what were they supposed to do? All they can do really is grit their teeth and get on with it. They can hardly publicly show that a tiff is going on and an heir disrespects the monarch in such a way.

Re her jewellery, now that the topic has gone to their wedding, I remember early articles saying K is encouraged by Liz to "form a relationship with Cartier"; guess K prefers Kiki, no? :D

Trust me....if my future grandmother-in-law told me to form a relationship with Cartier (or Tiffany or Van Cleef & Arpels, Bulgar or Harry Winston) I would do it.       Especially if some, most, all of it would be paid for by someone else.

I guess if Kate is happy & comfortable with her jewellery choices, then that is what is most important. Even if some of are not fans of her choices.

I would have formed a relationship with these houses asap too!!  But I think the press put that story out and that there isn't much truth to it.
I agree though, if she likes the jewellery she wears, then she should wear it. Tastes differ. Different courses for different horses and all that Yes

Scenarios may seem unlikely, but reality and expectations are often worlds apart, even when there are strict rules and longheld traditions.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2017, 04:53:14 AM »

http://kiki.co.uk/index.p...p/collections/bridal.html

KiKi has debuted the new bridal collection, it is pearls & diamonds....Kate might pick some up, there are a few that I wouldn't mind having.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: April 06, 2017, 05:11:57 AM »

I like some of them but holy crap that's expensive for white topaz and tiny diamonds.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: April 10, 2017, 03:48:17 AM »

I was trying to remember how many tiaras Kate has worn...and I realized that for several of her tiara events she has worn the same dress and earrings...has this been discussed already and I just missed the conversation? I canNOT believe how little imagination she has. WTF  Crazy   Blink 

So, there was the wedding tiara, the Halo Scroll:

Then the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara with this red dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

And this dress and same earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

...And then! The Lotus Flower/Papyrus tiara...with the EXACT SAME red dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

Annnnnd, with the SAME ice blue dress and earrings:

dress:

tiara with earrings:

Seriously, woman has NO dress sense/style/pizazz/creativity...and definitely doesn't have anyone advising her. Who would choose to wear the SAME two gowns with the SAME two tiaras - and the same earrings EVERY time! - all within just a few years of each other?! She's so puzzling.

(Also...why is she always so gormless looking in the car? She looks really out of it!)

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: April 10, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »

Those are 2 different earrings, if you look closer. She copies her mother-in-law.

emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: April 10, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »

She wears the tiara the Queen tells her to...... I imagine there is enormous pressure to re-use her dresses too..... both the Queen and Camilla prettyuch wear the same thing every time...... she's already up on her mother-in-law, who apart from the family tiara only had access to the Lover's Knot.... Waity has had three from the vaults (although I imagine we're not likely to see the Halo again)
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: April 10, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »

She wears the tiara the Queen tells her to...... I imagine there is enormous pressure to re-use her dresses too..... both the Queen and Camilla prettyuch wear the same thing every time...... she's already up on her mother-in-law, who apart from the family tiara only had access to the Lover's Knot.... Waity has had three from the vaults (although I imagine we're not likely to see the Halo again)

Well she does not have to wear the LK, she could have declined, I'd say the Queen was pressured and gave in(as usual). I don't think we will see the halo tiara unless she wants the press to write an article about the "fairytale wedding tiara" as the Halo, to Kate, is too small.
KimmySue

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: April 10, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »

IMO, she looks silly wearing the tiaras, like they were just plopped on top of her fake hair. She needs to look to Madde and Vic for lessons on how to look amazing wearing a tiara.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: April 10, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »

IMO, she looks silly wearing the tiaras, like they were just plopped on top of her fake hair. She needs to look to Madde and Vic for lessons on how to look amazing wearing a tiara.

She wears them wrong, you're not suppose to wear them like a headband.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: April 10, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Oh, I totally get that she gets whatever tiaras the queen gives her...however, if you are limited to only 2-3 tiaras, IMO there is no need to wear the same 2 dresses over 4 separate events. She could have recycled any of the below gowns that she also already owns (assuming the timeline of ownership works...I don't know the exact dates of the 4 lazy-look events). Note that I am not saying I like any of these below gowns, I'm simply saying that she has more than 2 ballgowns to recycle from!

She has endless resources at her disposal and continues to underwhelm (or look completely inappropriate) in 99% of situations! It's almost like she would actually have to work hard to be so boring. I imagine that someone who is just randomly picking dresses, hairdos, earrings, and 1 of 3 tiaras, would look better than Kate does just by random coincidence.  

MidnightDiamond, thanks for the tip about the earrings.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: April 10, 2017, 07:42:26 PM »

She should also look for someone who knows how to do 'tiara hair' like the hairdressers who do Maddie's and Vic's tiara styles. A good style complements the tiara.
Ghost

Baby Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: April 10, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »

Oh, I totally get that she gets whatever tiaras the queen gives her...however, if you are limited to only 2-3 tiaras, IMO there is no need to wear the same 2 dresses over 4 separate events. She could have recycled any of the below gowns that she also already owns (assuming the timeline of ownership works...I don't know the exact dates of the 4 lazy-look events). Note that I am not saying I like any of these below gowns, I'm simply saying that she has more than 2 ballgowns to recycle from!

She has endless resources at her disposal and continues to underwhelm (or look completely inappropriate) in 99% of situations! It's almost like she would actually have to work hard to be so boring. I imagine that someone who is just randomly picking dresses, hairdos, earrings, and 1 of 3 tiaras, would look better than Kate does just by random coincidence.  

MidnightDiamond, thanks for the tip about the earrings.

I'm not at all familiar with the protocol, if there's any, are these dresses appropriate for state banquets or the ambassadors' dinner? To me, the dresses seem to be more on the "night out" type of event, like galas, movie premieres, opera or variety shows and so on.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: April 10, 2017, 08:35:24 PM »

I am not in the least surprised, after all Kate has done nothing but prove that she has no clue about the obligations and decorum that her position entails. She perceives herself as a wag, a celebrity, and acts accordingly. Hence the inappropriate behaviors, the flashings, the laziness...  Thinking
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: