Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's - HATS and FASCINATORS  (Read 59630 times)
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »

Quite a lot of the royal ladies wear fur. On a recent occasion ALL of the Swedish ladies had a formal evening jacket of fur on. Daisy wears that floor length sable. QEII has been often seen in a white mink jacket (as was the late POW). And most of the human race wears leather shoes at least.

Leather is a byproduct of the meat industry. My objection is how this 'designer' is attempting to minimise the attention on waity wearing this hat by labelling it 'ethical' and not being honest about the way this is harvested. If waity wants to wear fur, that's fine. Just don't try to minimise what is involved in producing this over expensive bit of tat.

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »

Exactly, that is why I'm fine with leather. I'm also fine with some furs, vintage does not bother me at all but what I absolutely hate is when a designer tries to lie about/minimise how they get their fur, it makes me think that the way they actual get it, it terrible and I should not even think about buying from them.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »

The whole article about that designer was crap. So she sold a fur hat to Kate? Great. But why telling The Fail her whole life story on top?

And why all that "it's from dead baby alpacas"-bullshit? If that designer would not have made it the news of the day, nobody would ever have cared about that pouf on Waitys head. Now, the discussion is in full force. Alpacas are grown for their wool since centuries. People in the Andes make a living out of growing them. Some die, no matter if baby or not. That's life. I bet the growers do also use the fur of old Alpacas who die - for themselves.
So if she really wanted to minimize attention on Waity, that article was an epic fail ... I bet she rather wanted to advertise her hats.

Then again, imho there's are difference between growing and killing animals for their fur only (like mink) or growing them to use the whole animal. I have several clothes studded with rabbit fur (a scarf, a vest, a woolen bobble hat with rabbit bobble), my aunt grows them for the meat. They are killed anyhow, so why not use their soft and beautiful colored fur as well?
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2017, 07:57:14 PM »

The hat Kannot is wearing in the above picture is not alpaca. It is from an animal with fur not wool.

You are absolutely right.  I posted the wrong picture.  My apologies.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »

The whole article about that designer was crap. So she sold a fur hat to Kate? Great. But why telling The Fail her whole life story on top?

And why all that "it's from dead baby alpacas"-bullshit? If that designer would not have made it the news of the day, nobody would ever have cared about that pouf on Waitys head. Now, the discussion is in full force. Alpacas are grown for their wool since centuries. People in the Andes make a living out of growing them. Some die, no matter if baby or not. That's life. I bet the growers do also use the fur of old Alpacas who die - for themselves.
So if she really wanted to minimize attention on Waity, that article was an epic fail ... I bet she rather wanted to advertise her hats.

Then again, imho there's are difference between growing and killing animals for their fur only (like mink) or growing them to use the whole animal. I have several clothes studded with rabbit fur (a scarf, a vest, a woolen bobble hat with rabbit bobble), my aunt grows them for the meat. They are killed anyhow, so why not use their soft and beautiful colored fur as well?

I agree. If you kill animals use as much as you can. That's why I also try to use all kinds of meat/bones when cooking and not just the "best parts".

Back to Kate: I don't get why she thinks she looks good with that kind of hat. But I never understood why she chose those ugly glued to the forehead fascinators right after the wedding either. Fashion icon, sure.  Roll Eyes

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2017, 08:45:06 PM »

That's why I also try to use all kinds of meat/bones when cooking and not just the "best parts" ...

That! And rightly so! Because those nowadays mostly forgotten parts of veal, beef and pork offer so many delicious recipies! Veal or beef cheeks make a wonderful soft and tender roast, liver is awesome when done right, and don't forget oxtail (for ragu or soup) or pork shoulder! And whatever my butchers (I have two, a Moroccan for beef, veal and lamb, and a German for pork) give me as bones or leftovers make a wonderful broth, which I reduce to quasi syrup consistency and freeze in ice trays to always have a homemade broth available.
Yes, I know, cooking wise I am very much like my great-grandmother. But I love it.

Sorry for the OT, but it had to be said, your are absolutely right.

As for Kate, she might be the only fashion "icon" who does not own a mirror (or she owns the mirror previously owned by snow whites stepmother and tells the mirror always to shut up after the first part of his answer ...)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »

The topic here isn't the use of fur. Hats and fascinators. Please get back on topic.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »

That's why I also try to use all kinds of meat/bones when cooking and not just the "best parts" ...

That! And rightly so! Because those nowadays mostly forgotten parts of veal, beef and pork offer so many delicious recipies! Veal or beef cheeks make a wonderful soft and tender roast, liver is awesome when done right, and don't forget oxtail (for ragu or soup) or pork shoulder! And whatever my butchers (I have two, a Moroccan for beef, veal and lamb, and a German for pork) give me as bones or leftovers make a wonderful broth, which I reduce to quasi syrup consistency and freeze in ice trays to always have a homemade broth available.
Yes, I know, cooking wise I am very much like my great-grandmother. But I love it.

Sorry for the OT, but it had to be said, your are absolutely right.

As for Kate, she might be the only fashion "icon" who does not own a mirror (or she owns the mirror previously owned by snow whites stepmother and tells the mirror always to shut up after the first part of his answer ...)

Star  Champagne

Judging by the amount of ugly hats and fascinators she owns I think it's Ma or Tash pretending to be the magic mirror telling her how wonderful she looks.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2017, 02:30:26 AM »

Someone told her she looks good in them.  Kind of like the Emperor's New Clothes. 
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »

I don't think it is an attractive hat - it does nothing for her and frankly fake fleece would have looked just as good - it looked like fleece to me.
LMVDA

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2017, 11:25:56 PM »

Winnifred

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »

This is easily her worst hair do; thrown together at the low base of her neck (so low that the bun is nearly drooping onto her shoulders) and gathered carelessly in a hair net so that the texture resembles... well... a poo. She needs a better stylist! Or to be rid of those bothersome extensions once and for all. I feel we are truly being deprived here of the beauty and sheer impressive-ness that Sweden's royal ladies can exhibit. Shame.

KimmySue

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2017, 02:10:24 AM »

This is easily her worst hair do; thrown together at the low base of her neck (so low that the bun is nearly drooping onto her shoulders) and gathered carelessly in a hair net so that the texture resembles... well... a poo. She needs a better stylist! Or to be rid of those bothersome extensions once and for all. I feel we are truly being deprived here of the beauty and sheer impressive-ness that Sweden's royal ladies can exhibit. Shame.

I agree! This hairdo does not flatter her at all! If I had no idea what ages her and William are, I would swear there is no way the two of them can be in their thirties. The hairdo looks like something an much older woman would wear. And the hat--I don't even know what to say about the hat other than it is horrendous.
fine china

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2017, 04:17:49 AM »

IMO, the hat could have looked quite wonderful if Kate would have worn it on the top of her head and tilted it a bit to the side. And cut her hair.  In other words, in my opinion, the issue isn't the hat, but the person who is wearing it and how she is wearing it. It is just another style opportunity lost by Kate.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2017, 05:07:13 AM »

This is one of her worst hats. It just does nothing for her
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: