Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Fabiola - 5th Queen of the Belgians  (Read 20460 times)
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »

Since she died in early December 2014, I have no doubt she still had help in her "house." So, I don't know what the question is with that point.

I also imagine it was the same dealing with most any royal widow's possessions. Many objects are personal gifts or perhaps some state gifts, but I would imagine Fabiola took care during the 20 years post Baudouin to work in getting the state-owned items back under the care of the government folks who handle that. She and Baudouin lived a fairly spartan life together. I find it difficult to believe Fabiola would surround herself with objects that weren't her own, after his death.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »

Since she died in early December 2014, I have no doubt she still had help in her "house." So, I don't know what the question is with that point.

I also imagine it was the same dealing with most any royal widow's possessions. Many objects are personal gifts or perhaps some state gifts, but I would imagine Fabiola took care during the 20 years post Baudouin to work in getting the state-owned items back under the care of the government folks who handle that. She and Baudouin lived a fairly spartan life together. I find it difficult to believe Fabiola would surround herself with objects that weren't her own, after his death.

I have a feeling that after Philippe's scandal with the furniture, and after every single Laurent incident, she made sure that everything was above board in terms of her possessions and acceptance of gifts.  She knew very well that the family was under constant scrutiny, and she knew that the public wouldn't tolerate greedy behavior.  Fabiola seemed too smart for negligent behavior. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2016, 09:32:30 PM »

Fabiola seemed too smart for negligent behavior. 

Exactly. Plus, she wasn't the type of personality that say Liliane was in terms of possessions, i.e. the famous furniture grab during Baudouin and Fabiola's honeymoon. The article seems much ado about nothing, imho.

I certainly hope nothing blows up on that note. The poor woman was brow beat just at the end of her life over her nieces and nephews receiving anything from her. What else does she have to give?

RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

I don't know much about Queen Fabiola. But she had a very fabulous name and hair. Yes
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:29 AM »

I don't know much about Queen Fabiola. But she had a very fabulous name and hair. Yes

LOL yeah, she rocked the hair and I too love her name.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:51 AM »

Alright, I got some more understandable information on this issue.

It seems that there are/were several servants who have worked at Stuyvenberg from her death until today. However, I hope they're not blaming Fabiola for that.

Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 06:31:40 AM »

Mini-Kiki-to-be is currently nicknamed Fabiola by me because of the old wive's tale of having lots of heartburn meaning the baby has a lot of hair. So last night I dreamed I had her and a nurse brought her in wearing the little cap they put in newborns which I took off only to find a mini version of Fabiola's bouffant which caused the nurse to look at me and say,"Girl you are going to be needing a lot of hairspray." Once the nurse left I started humming La Salve Rociero. No clue why Fabiola is having such a presence in my brain because I'm not remotely Catholic and while I think she was a very sweet and strong woman she isn't someone I have had a major interest in. However she can stay because I'd hate to risk Josephine-Charlotte or Princess Margaret replacing her  Laugh bounce
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »

Congrats Kiki!!!

Banana  Champagne

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 12:11:28 PM »

Mini-Kiki-to-be is currently nicknamed Fabiola by me because of the old wive's tale of having lots of heartburn meaning the baby has a lot of hair. So last night I dreamed I had her and a nurse brought her in wearing the little cap they put in newborns which I took off only to find a mini version of Fabiola's bouffant which caused the nurse to look at me and say,"Girl you are going to be needing a lot of hairspray." Once the nurse left I started humming La Salve Rociero. No clue why Fabiola is having such a presence in my brain because I'm not remotely Catholic and while I think she was a very sweet and strong woman she isn't someone I have had a major interest in. However she can stay because I'd hate to risk Josephine-Charlotte or Princess Margaret replacing her  Laugh bounce

Laughing

Sorry this pic is so big, but I'm having some computer problems which prevent me from uploading files/pics from multiple platforms (Word Press as well as Pinterest). So, I have to go with the pic already on Pinterest, which is large.  Many apologies.

Anyway, here's Fabiola as a child - still the same hairdo.  Laugh bounce

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 09:37:19 PM »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaidaminnit.

Lemme quickly open a whole pupitre's worth of champers to shower the whole of RD in happy bubbles with that wonderful news there!
Congrats!!!

Woohooo!

(toootally worth getting out of my hermit's cave for heheheh)

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2016, 10:40:13 PM »

Congratulations Kiki!  Champagne
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »

Many happy congratulations to you,  KiKi.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 03:09:02 AM »

Today is the second anniversary of the death of beautiful Queen Fabiola.

https://youtu.be/ZbVETe-pkpA

CyrilSebastian

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 01:51:07 AM »

Fabiola's engagement was a well-kept secret.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PZ51rgcZOc
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 03:09:30 AM »

Fabiola's engagement was a well-kept secret.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PZ51rgcZOc

Thanks for the video - I added it to my Baudouin & Fabiola YouTube Playlist.  Yes, the meeting of Baudouin and Fabiola was secret. I don't think they kept their engagement secret for any real length of time after Baudouin asked her to marry him. The majority of the secrecy came in scouting out a lady for Baudouin to meet done by Sister Veronica O'Brien and then inviting her to meet Baudouin in Belgium and the time they spent getting to know one another. All of that was secret, however what I'm saying is that after Fabiola accepted Baudouin's marriage proposal, I don't think it took that long for them to then make it public. The other thing he was waiting for was some unpleasantness in the Congo to pass before his engagement was announced.

During their courtship the couple of people that knew were sworn to strict radio silence and they even had a code name for Fabiola - AVILA.

The footage is funny in that I think it's the only footage showing Fabiola and Lilian interacting in a friendly way.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: