Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas at Sandringham  (Read 155710 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: December 27, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »

Louise's dress is not new as its the one she wore to the Christmas Ascot weekend last December. 

Let's just be thankful she wasn't wearing white tights!

As for not getting her outfit right, Louise looked wonderful last Christmas.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: December 27, 2016, 09:12:06 AM »

I've held back saying anything about Louise's dress, but now I've formed an opinion so I'll state it.   I do think the dress is a bit short, but in the general scheme of things I don't think it was so short it was inappropriate.  I am old enough to remember mini skirts at the height of their popularity and that no doubt affects my views.   Apart from skirt being short, I think she looked just fine.   She was wearing stockings and a coat to keep her skirt from blowing up if there was a breeze so I think a wardrobe malfunction was unlikely.

Louise is moving into her teenage years and starting to dress like a young lady instead of a child, and that is a difficult transition period, for her and for her mother.  IMO the short skirt was not combined with any elements that inappropriately sexualised her appearance.  She was wearing flat shoes, and a hairdo appropriate for her age.  She's not wearing any makeup that I can detect.  She looks fine to me.
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: December 27, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »

Just for fun, I googled 'infantas church easter' to check out the reasoning behind why Sophie should be taking note.

Granted, it's warmer at Easter, and maybe dress codes at Roman Catholic Churches in Spain are more relaxed than CofE, and maybe those girls are a good few years younger than Louise, but I'm seeing a whole bunch of veeeeeeeeerrrrrry short skirts and dresses sans tights.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: December 27, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »

First, why I'm not surprised to learn Louise's dress was a repeat? Edward and Sophie clearly don't have funds to afford a new dress for their daughter once a year.  Sad

Palma Easter is a different season (spring), different locale (island casual), different age (Leonor was 9). Plus, the Infantitas didn't wear "a bunch" of short dresses. It's only Leonor who wore a shorter skirt last year and there were comments about the length of the skirt at that time as well. In all other years, the infantitas wore knee-length dresses or wore pants as this year. If we want to compare, we should look at their coats/dresses at the National Day. The Infantitas wore new dresses/coats every year. The coats they wore this year were knee-length and fit them just right. That's the occasion where people were telling Sophie to take note.

Spanish Infantitas seldom repeated any outfits in those few photo sessions through the years. They were almost always impeccably dressed and groomed from head to toe. In most of their summer photo shoots, Letizia would appear in very casual clothes but she made sure her girls dressed impeccably. It's the opposite of Sophie.     
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:07 PM »

First, why I'm not surprised to learn Louise's dress was a repeat? Edward and Sophie clearly don't have funds to afford a new dress for their daughter once a year.  Sad[/url]

I know!  Sophie happily spent ?400 on Louise's fascinator by Jane Taylor, her favourite milliner, yet doesn't want to buy her a new dress.  Her coat is new to be fair and her coat for the Ascot christmas Day race was also new.  Perhaps Louise just wanted to wear the dress? 

I'm giving Sophie a pass on this one as since last Christmas Louise has been dressed absolutely perfectly.  Christmas Day was just a one off now.  THe past year she has worn clothes that are age appropriate and fit her and she hasn't worn white tights once!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: December 27, 2016, 07:50:51 PM »

The parents know the kid is growing, and they are more than aware that she's taller this year than she was last year.  Common sense would indicate to most parents that last year's dress just isn't going to fit this year.  

I don't know much about CoE services, but I sincerely hope they're nothing like Catholic services where one is expected to rise up and sit down at various parts of the service.  If she was standing and sitting and standing and sitting, then that makes this an even poorer choice of clothing.  I'm sure there were some rather awkward moments for her as she moved about in the dress.  

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: December 28, 2016, 01:38:22 PM »

I don't know much about CoE services, but I sincerely hope they're nothing like Catholic services where one is expected to rise up and sit down at various parts of the service.  If she was standing and sitting and standing and sitting, then that makes this an even poorer choice of clothing.  I'm sure there were some rather awkward moments for her as she moved about in the dress.  

Both the CoE and its sister church, The Episcopal Church in the United States, of which I'm a member from the cradle, do a lot of sit, stand, kneel...and repeat.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: December 28, 2016, 04:12:31 PM »

Both the CoE and its sister church, The Episcopal Church in the United States, of which I'm a member from the cradle, do a lot of sit, stand, kneel...and repeat.

Thanks, Lello!  Star 

I didn't mean that I hope there isn't a lot of sitting and standing in general; I just meant for anybody wearing a short skirt. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: December 28, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »

I am not a churchgoer but I have spent a bit of time in Anglican churches in my life.  While there is a fair bit of standing and sitting and kneeling, there is no toe-touching.   The sitting and standing and kneeling is all done within the confines of a pew and - as far as I can remember, anyway - carrying out these activities in the ordinary way should not give rise to any flashing.  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: