Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Alexandra - back to work and fighting fit?  (Read 27633 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2015, 01:48:37 AM »

She visited a fabric manufacturer last week, looking super-elegant as usual. Thumb up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKl3Mp-WgAAtTje.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKl3MjaWgAAOXeC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKl3KPgW8AALe2T.jpg
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »

Catching Up With Alexandra

Recent Past Engagements
Nov 6
--visited Spitalfields Crypt Trust at Christ Church Spitalfields, London
Nov 7
--attended the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall
Nov 8
--attended the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Day
Nov 16
--attended a dinner in honour of Saint Margaret of Scotland at the Caledonian Club, London
Nov 17
--President, Royal Humane Society, attended the Stanhope Gold Medal Luncheon at Fishmongers' Hall, London
Nov 18
--Patron, English National Opera, attended an evening performance of "the Force of Destiny" at the London Coliseum
Nov 26
--President, Alexandra Rose Charities, attended an evening reception at the Royal Thames Yacht Club, Knightsbridge, London
Nov 30
--Deputy President, British Red Cross Society, attended an evening preview of the British Red Cross Christmas Market at Guildhall, London

(If anyone sees photos of her at any of the above events, I'd enjoy seeing them Yes)

Upcoming Engagements
Dec 1
--Royal Patron, will visit the offices of Alzheimer's Society, Devon House, London
Dec 9
--will attend the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Charity Christmas Concert in St Luke's Church, London
Dec 10
--Patron, will visit St Christopher's Hospice, London
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:35:58 PM by editorathome » Logged
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:55 AM »

She's keeping nice and busy.  Champagne

AutumnOpal

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »

I am particularly fascinated with Princess Alexandra-because she embodies what could have/should have been for HM.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »

Catching Up With Alexandra

Recent Past Engagements
Nov 6
--visited Spitalfields Crypt Trust at Christ Church Spitalfields, London
Nov 7
--attended the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall
Nov 8
--attended the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Day
Nov 16
--attended a dinner in honour of Saint Margaret of Scotland at the Caledonian Club, London
Nov 17
--President, Royal Humane Society, attended the Stanhope Gold Medal Luncheon at Fishmongers' Hall, London
Nov 18
--Patron, English National Opera, attended an evening performance of "the Force of Destiny" at the London Coliseum
Nov 26
--President, Alexandra Rose Charities, attended an evening reception at the Royal Thames Yacht Club, Knightsbridge, London
Nov 30
--Deputy President, British Red Cross Society, attended an evening preview of the British Red Cross Christmas Market at Guildhall, London

(If anyone sees photos of her at any of the above events, I'd enjoy seeing them Yes)

Upcoming Engagements
Dec 1
--Royal Patron, will visit the offices of Alzheimer's Society, Devon House, London
Dec 9
--will attend the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Charity Christmas Concert in St Luke's Church, London
Dec 10
--Patron, will visit St Christopher's Hospice, London

8 events in one month? What is she? Freaking superwoman? Putting pressure on the fragile snowflake? Perhaps english royal women gain strenght only in their seventies?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 11:56:53 PM »

I am particularly fascinated with Princess Alexandra-because she embodies what could have/should have been for HM.
That's an interesting thought Yes

8 events in one month? What is she? Freaking superwoman? Putting pressure on the fragile snowflake? Perhaps english royal women gain strenght only in their seventies?
Ha! Not only that, but I think she's actually close to 80, and had some pretty serious health issues a couple years ago.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:08 AM »

I really like her and I have no idea why. Seems so classy and goes about and does her thang. I wish the other members of the RF got acknowledgement, publicly, for their work and their patronages. But they're old, thus not glamorous enough, I suppose, for the media. Blah.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 12:54:36 AM »

Alexandra will be 79 on Christmas Day this year.

She had some health issues last year that stopped her doing her normal engagements but she is back to her around 100-150 this year.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »

Actually, her health issues were in 2013, not last year.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2016, 01:34:47 AM »

Nice article about Alexandra for her 80th birthday
http://www.dailymail.co.u...dal-couldn-t-destroy.html

The Queen's cousin Princess Alexandra has never put a foot wrong

Alexandra married Old Etonian, the Hon Angus Ogilvy, who fell under the spell of maverick businessman Roland ?Tiny? Rowland

Ogilvy was director of Rowland's firm Lonrho and was damned as ?negligent? in an official report when corruption was exposed

Alexandra's daughter, Marina, sold her story of, so she claimed, her 'snarling' mother and father's 'excessive drinking' to a downmarket tabloid

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2016, 10:54:57 AM »

Alexandra married Old Etonian, the Hon Angus Ogilvy, who fell under the spell of maverick businessman Roland ?Tiny? Rowland

Ogilvy was director of Rowland's firm Lonrho and was damned as ?negligent? in an official report when corruption was exposed

Alexandra's daughter, Marina, sold her story of, so she claimed, her 'snarling' mother and father's 'excessive drinking' to a downmarket tabloid

Loved the use of euphemism when she and Angus were photographed at Birkhall on honeymoon ?doing what newlyweds are inclined to do?.  Looks like the phenomenon of being papped in an embarrassing situation goes back a lot further than we thought.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2016, 12:40:49 AM »

She's lovely.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »

Loved the use of euphemism when she and Angus were photographed at Birkhall on honeymoon ?doing what newlyweds are inclined to do?.  Looks like the phenomenon of being papped in an embarrassing situation goes back a lot further than we thought.
LOL, but then on Birkhall they did have the expectation of privacy and they did not know what those new lenses could do. TBH the two above ( on the their engagement picture) do not look like hot rabbits. So I guess it is somewhat endearing....
But I hate it when facts are twisted in order to fit a story:
"They?re good friends. It was in Alexandra?s back garden that the young Prince Philip, an unpolished sailor not yet accepted by George VI as suitable marriage material for his eldest daughter ? and certainly not allowed any unchaperoned contact with her ? used to secretly court the young Princess Elizabeth".

She is ten years younger than QEII and Lilibeth was a young bride, are they indeed trying to tell us that the 11 year old Alexandra helped her elder cousin sweet talking and big eyeing a suitor?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2017, 04:47:45 AM »

No, I think they're saying that Philip and Elizabeth courted in the back garden of Philip's cousin, born Princess Marina of Greece, Alexandra's mother. But Marina is long-dead and largely forgotten by the public, so they use the name of a current royal some people would recognize. They could have used Edward or Michael's names, as well, but I get the sense that of the three, Alexandra is the best known.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2017, 09:54:32 AM »

Well I beg to differ: the article wants to imply that Alexandra helped her BFF Liz to outsmart her parents and meet her loverboy in the backyard, covering for her just as girlfriends do.
And that clearly wasn't the case!
The Marina-Philipp connection is widely known, but the article chose to spin the story differently.

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: