Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting news you might want to share with us.  (Read 890400 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4080 on: April 04, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »

New development in the Arnhem "homosexual beating" case:

http://www.nu.nl/binnenla...arnhem-doet-aangifte.html

One of the suspects of assaulting two gay men in Arnhem will  report abuse (to the police). He argues that one of the two men (= the victims) began the beating.

That was said by his attorney Gerald Roethof Monday night in the tv programme Pauw. The two gay men would have looked at the group and have expressed harsh language toward the group of young people.

The 16-year-old boy denies that the fight had to do with the nature of the men who walked hand in hand. The defendant also denies having used a bolt cutter to attack the men. He does acknowledge having beaten some teeth from the mouth of one of two homosexuals with his fist.

The youth who had fought with the two gay  were a mixed group: there was a boy with blond hair and blue eyes, someone with a Moroccan background and someone with a Turkish background," said Roethof.

Horror
The two gay men of 31 and 35 years old have reported ill-treatment, including with bolt cutters. They walked Sunday around 4:00 am towards home and were attacked by a group of between six and eight youths. The suspects are between 14 and 20 years old.

According to the victims, the fact that they walked hand in hand, was the reason for the assault. Society reacted horrified to the incident. On coming Saturday in Arnhem a  demonstration against gay violence is organized. Monday night the bridge over the IJssel near Westervoort was lit with rainbow colors (Westervoort is a small town adjecent to the city of Arnhem, just divided by the river the IJssel).

Police spokesperson Ellie Lust, also chairman of the gay network Pink in Blue, called witnesses to report  themselves. The police are also looking for camera footage of the incident.

kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4081 on: April 04, 2017, 02:22:08 PM »

Ice age art in Indonesia reveals how spiritual life transformed en route to Australia

A cave dig in Indonesia has unearthed a unique collection of prehistoric ornaments and artworks that date back in some instances to at least 30,000 years ago. The site is thought to have been used by some of the world?s earliest cave artists.

Published this week, our new findings challenge the long-held view that hunter-gatherer communities in the Pleistocene (?ice age?) of south-east Asia were culturally impoverished.

They also imply that the spiritual lives of humans transformed as they encountered previously unknown species on the journey from Asia to Australia.

The human journey beyond Asia

Modern humans had colonised Australia by 50,000 years ago. It was a journey that required people crossing by boat from continental Eurasia into Wallacea, a vast swathe of island chains and atolls spanning the ocean gap between mainland Asia and Australia.

Archaeologists have long speculated about the cultural lives of the first homo sapiens to enter Wallacea, as part of the great movement of our species out of Africa.

Some have argued that human culture in the Late Pleistocene attained a high level of complexity as homo sapiens spread into Europe and as far east as India. Thereafter, culture is thought to have declined in sophistication as people ventured into the tropics of south-east Asia and Wallacea.

But new research in Wallacea is steadily dismantling this view.

New findings from ?ice age? Sulawesi
In the latest addition to this rash of discoveries, we describe a suite of previously undocumented symbolic artefacts excavated from a limestone cavern on Sulawesi, the largest island in Wallacea.

The artefacts were dated using a range of methods to between 30,000 and 22,000 years ago. They include disc-shaped beads made from the tooth of a babirusa, a primitive pig found only on Sulawesi, and a ?pendant? fashioned from the finger bone of a bear cuscus, a large possum-like creature also unique to Sulawesi.

The full article in: https://www.theguardian.c...ved-en-route-to-australia

"Think and let think".
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4082 on: April 04, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »

Ice age art in Indonesia reveals how spiritual life transformed en route to Australia

A cave dig in Indonesia has unearthed a unique collection of prehistoric ornaments and artworks that date back in some instances to at least 30,000 years ago. The site is thought to have been used by some of the world?s earliest cave artists.

Published this week, our new findings challenge the long-held view that hunter-gatherer communities in the Pleistocene (?ice age?) of south-east Asia were culturally impoverished.

They also imply that the spiritual lives of humans transformed as they encountered previously unknown species on the journey from Asia to Australia.

The human journey beyond Asia

Modern humans had colonised Australia by 50,000 years ago. It was a journey that required people crossing by boat from continental Eurasia into Wallacea, a vast swathe of island chains and atolls spanning the ocean gap between mainland Asia and Australia.

Archaeologists have long speculated about the cultural lives of the first homo sapiens to enter Wallacea, as part of the great movement of our species out of Africa.

Some have argued that human culture in the Late Pleistocene attained a high level of complexity as homo sapiens spread into Europe and as far east as India. Thereafter, culture is thought to have declined in sophistication as people ventured into the tropics of south-east Asia and Wallacea.

But new research in Wallacea is steadily dismantling this view.

New findings from ?ice age? Sulawesi
In the latest addition to this rash of discoveries, we describe a suite of previously undocumented symbolic artefacts excavated from a limestone cavern on Sulawesi, the largest island in Wallacea.

The artefacts were dated using a range of methods to between 30,000 and 22,000 years ago. They include disc-shaped beads made from the tooth of a babirusa, a primitive pig found only on Sulawesi, and a ?pendant? fashioned from the finger bone of a bear cuscus, a large possum-like creature also unique to Sulawesi.

The full article in: https://www.theguardian.c...ved-en-route-to-australia

Very interesting, thanks  Thumb up
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4083 on: April 06, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ts-fashionable-start.html

I hate it when DM says white only to make us all scream no,black!

I feel embarrassed for those women,horribly clad and put on the front page of a magazine as a freak show.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Diamonds for April

Ignore
« Reply #4084 on: April 14, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »

For Star Wars fans : the first teaser from The Last Jedi has been revealed today  !  Banana split Clapping

https://www.youtube.com/w...mbedded&v=zB4I68XVPzQ
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4085 on: April 14, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »

Curtains, I have no words Sad Hug Do vent here as you please and keep us updated when you can Hug
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #4086 on: April 14, 2017, 08:24:41 PM »

Oh Curtains, I just read your post...I am so very sorry for all the terrible things you and your family are going through - "shitstorm" is right Sad.  I hope you have other family and IRL friends who you can lean on for support. Your RD friends are here for you. Please take care of yourself Hug
Winnifred

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4087 on: April 15, 2017, 03:30:43 AM »

For Star Wars fans : the first teaser from The Last Jedi has been revealed today  !  Banana split Clapping

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG  Banana

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4088 on: April 15, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »

I've watching this over and over since yesterday Banana Banana Banana

Fangirling on maximum mode!!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4089 on: April 16, 2017, 03:18:26 AM »

Warning this is a totally frivolous post.  Wink 
Today I was shopping with some friends, one whom is looking for a gown for an upcoming event.  We popped into Saks Fifth Avenue and I saw a gown that was reminiscent of something I saw here on the board.  So close that as soon as I saw it, I knew exactly who wore it and for which event. 

http://www.saksfifthavenu...kid=10&LScreativeid=1

I know it is not identical but is anyone else reminded of Princess Madeleine's Nobel 2016 Banquet gown?   

Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4090 on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »

Royal friend Guy Pelly celebrates the birth of his first child with his wife

Congratulations to Royal party pal Guy Pelly and his Holiday Inn heiress wife Lizzy Wilson who has given birth to their first child.
Lizzy, 34, had a baby girl named Willow Elizabeth on April 3, two weeks after Guy returned with a thumping headache after his wild weekend with Prince William in Switzerland.

Idk if this is really 'interesting' news, but I just thought the comments were interesting tbh...

Is it true that Pelly has/had a mistress and a has a child with someone else's wife? Someone commented 'Or as he's known in his circle "Bí Pelly"' Is any of it true or are they just making fun

Also, I didn't know what thread to put this 'article' in so if this isn't the right thread feel free to take it off  Blush

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Royal-party-pal-Guy.html
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4091 on: April 16, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »

Royal friend Guy Pelly celebrates the birth of his first child with his wife

Congratulations to Royal party pal Guy Pelly and his Holiday Inn heiress wife Lizzy Wilson who has given birth to their first child.
Lizzy, 34, had a baby girl named Willow Elizabeth on April 3, two weeks after Guy returned with a thumping headache after his wild weekend with Prince William in Switzerland.

Idk if this is really 'interesting' news, but I just thought the comments were interesting tbh...

Is it true that Pelly has/had a mistress and a has a child with someone else's wife? Someone commented 'Or as he's known in his circle "Bí Pelly"' Is any of it true or are they just making fun

Also, I didn't know what thread to put this 'article' in so if this isn't the right thread feel free to take it off  Blush

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Royal-party-pal-Guy.html

When I read the title: I read Pelly's first wife gives birth to his first child

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #4092 on: April 17, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »

so sorry, Curtains.... Hug

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4093 on: April 17, 2017, 06:15:55 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/u...ws&ns_source=facebook

Builders renovating the Garden Museum, housed at the deconsecrated church of St Mary-at-Lambeth, found a hidden crypt containing 30 lead coffins.

Site manager Karl Patten said: "We discovered numerous coffins - and one of them had a gold crown on top of it".

The remains date back to the 1660s

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4094 on: April 18, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »

Last year December, at the annual Dutch 3FM Serious Request, there was a special participant who stole the heart of many (national and international): terminally ill 6 year old Tijn (Kolsteren) who raised money by getting sponsored every time he painted someones nails.

http://seriousrequest.3fm...ver-1-million-in-two-days

Tijn from the Brabant town Hapert suffers from brainstemcancer, which can not be cured.
He asked people to donate €1 every time he painted someone’s nails, but anyone could participate. Just paint your nails, donate at 3FM.nl/dutchboytijn, and challenge three of your friends to do the same by tagging them. If people would donate, they could share a picture of the painted nails using the hashtags #lakaan (literally translates to ‘Paint on’ in Dutch) and #SR16.

Tijn's challenge went viral and many both famous and regular Dutch people (man and female) participated, in 2 days one million euros was raised. Tijn gained a lot of (positive) attention both national and international. On December 22, Tijn was appointed mayer of Breda for 1 day. On February 12, 2017 an asteroid was named after him, (6327) Tijn by the International Astronomical Union. Wednesday April 5, Tijn received a high distinction of the Red Cross: the Cross of Merit. Tijn received the award from (Dutch) Red Cross director Gijs de Vries in the studio of 3FM.

3FM DJ's and many others kept contact with Tijn and his father and still pay attention to him. Recently he visited the studio's together with his father.

According to the news of today a Dutch priest contacted pope Francis and as a result Tijn received his apostolic blessing. The Pope has sent a pectoral cross and a picture of himself. The Nijmegen pastor Johan Flapper managed to make contact with the Pope, says Omroep Brabant. "He was committed to other sick children that they might be older than he, has seized me," said Flapper. "I saw in his actions those of the Christ child in Bethlehem," he says. "That's why I wrote a letter to the pope."
From Vatican City has come a letter on behalf of the Pope. "His Holiness will guide the small Tijn with prayer and trust him to the intercession of Mary, Consoler of the afflicted warmly. The Holy Father gives the small Tijn and his family, his apostolic blessing." The letter and the photographs are still at Flapper. He wants to get the post in Travertine as soon as possible, but "it is not I managed to get in touch with the family."

After 3FM Serious Request it went not well with Tijn. He got serious problems with walking, requiring a wheelchair for long distances. But now it seems to go better again.
Father Gerrit says: "It's going pretty well with Tijn. Last week we were on a midweek holiday and then the doctor called and said that the last MRI looked better than in January, the tumor is slightly smaller and the chemo seems to boot the growth.

3FM Serious Request:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Request
It became an annual tradition and over time several other countries such as Belgium and Sweden also had their own version of the action.
Besides that there popped up a lot of local variants in the Netherlands.

The 2016 edition was in Breda (just like in 2008), with the goal to bring attention to pneumonia, the disease that annually claims about 900,000 young victims in poor and war zones in Africa. This "silent emergency" is mainly played in the Horn of Africa and in the area south of the Sahara.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:03:28 PM by Principessa » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: