Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 161453 times)
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »

I think this is my new favourite photo of Charles - he looks kind of cheeky!

Sort of reminds me of ;

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »

I think this is my new favourite photo of Charles - he looks kind of cheeky!

Agree Lady G.  He is so casual and relaxed it looks like a family snap (but a family member who knows how to snap.  It definitely wasn't taken by Mikey Midds).

At least he's not pointing as he usually does.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »

I think this is one of the best photos I've seen of him in many years Thumb up
(Is he actually wearing chinos? Secret)
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »

Sorry,  I know its wrong, but i was searching to see if there are any pics of the gala tonight and found this headline

"Tiny fractured ball caused Charles and Camilla to make emergency landing last year"

Oh Charles what have you been doing... the mind positively boggles!!

I fel the same way on the pearl necklace thread  Blush

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Lady G

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

Wales and Cornwall were at King's College Hospital yesterday (Cams was born there). I love a two piece suit on Camilla, that look really "suits" her 

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Harryite
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Albania Albania

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 05:41:14 PM »

^ I saw the pictures very cute and she looked great !!! 

karta

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »

Quote from: Prince Charles at King's College Hospital 
My darling wife was born here but, amazingly, we had the same gynaecologist and the same nurse.

Curtains

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »

Wrong thread!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady G

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »

The DM article has more about Camilla's idea of washbags for women and girls who come to The Haven rape crisis centres: http://www.dailymail.co.u...visit-Kings-Hospital.html   I used to be involved with the rape crisis centre in my home town, so really appreciate Camilla drawing attention to these kinds of issues. I'm on sugar overload for her!

Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

I think she is rather marvellous.  She does seem to have a very warm and fun personality,  judging from any pictures I've seen of her and reports of those who've met her.  Charles always looks so much better when she is with him as well.

I'm glad that she and Charles are getting some top media coverage at the moment (they were even shown on the evening news today!).  Although she's been able to have a much lower profile than some, the way she has been gradually brought on by the royals has I think been very well managed and she is really coming into her own now.  Hopefully its a model that will be followed in the development of the younger generations of royals.

She is number 2 on my sugar list after Phil - the archetypal royal consort.  She plays her role very well, a couple of steps behind, bringing the jokes to counter her rather more serious spouse... altogether Charles and Camilla seem to complement each other perfectly.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »

Her washbag idea is just brilliant. Brilliant. Exactly a thing royals should be doing to: actually making a difference.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:48:54 PM by Maria » Logged
Lady G

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »

Her washbaf idea is just brilliant. Brilliant. Exactly a thing royals should be doing to: actually making a difference.

I know, right? Makes a change from showing up and cutting ribbons. Not that that doesn't have it's place, but like her husband, she's sat down with the people affected and asked them what would make  a difference. 

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 08:32:26 PM »

That wash bag is reminiscent of the little backpacks women's shelter are handing out to their little guests when they come often completely empty handed after a domestic crisis forced them to flee without the possibility to even bring their beloved toy. (Mary has been "involved" with the little Lego backpacks in Denmark)
I have once worked with a hospital charity that put a little trousseau together with toiletries, a cosy night gown and a toy and not only the little ones lit up but their mommies as well which was heart breaking to watch since the mothers were usually guilt ridden about the entire situation.
It is amazing that a bit of mascara and a conditioner can make such a difference to a woman whose entire self has been brutalized.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »

I think she is rather marvellous.  She does seem to have a very warm and fun personality...
I agree. Aside from the one big issue, I like her a great deal and think she is the most genuine, compassionate, in-touch member of the BRF. Also think she's doing a very good job in her role now, and that she'll be an excellent Queen Consort.
Fertiv
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

I think she is rather marvellous.  She does seem to have a very warm and fun personality...
I agree. Aside from the one big issue, I like her a great deal and think she is the most genuine, compassionate, in-touch member of the BRF. Also think she's doing a very good job in her role now, and that she'll be an excellent Queen Consort.

Genuine is a great word for her.  She has been primped and preened a bit along the way, but she is essentially what she always has been.
I have an image of her in my mind, coming back home after a gala of some sort in her evening gown and tiara, shoving on a pair of wellies and an old coat to take the dogs out for business (whilst smoking a crafty fag).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: