Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 161643 times)
identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: December 18, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »

Given that he's Tom's godfather, and allegedly annoyed Andrew PB for the advice he gave to Laura over how to conduct her gap year, I think he sees them more than the public knows. He's definitely always had a good relationship with them, to the point where their father made it clear he felt Charles was overstepping the boundaries because he's not their father.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #886 on: December 18, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »

I guess Camilla will for many, and especially the press, still be the other ('bad') women. And I agree I was also sceptical about her, but similar to Ellie, Camilla grew on me over the years. Camilla seems to be a warm, charming woman who gets along with many people. In contrary to her (step)daughter in law.

Sometimes I wonder how Camilla would be if she and Charles had married years back.... So before Diana and all.

She was the love of his life, and she him. She didn't wait for him and married. He was heart-broken. It was also an example of the BRF not learning from past mistakes (Princess Margaret not allowed to marry Townsend) so history repeated itself. Charles and Diana were a total mismatch with little in common except pedigree. We can only guess how things would have turned out, but here we are, and we can get a little window into what might have been by how Camilla handles her duties and supports Charles. JMO.

Charles and Diana would have been the perfect couple if BOTH parties had been aware it was an arranged marriage - someone just forgot to tell the bride. Diana herself said they could have been the perfect team.

I don't want to go O/T ( Wink ) but both had/has great work ethics and were/are passionate about the causes they support. If their children had so too, they could do well as royals. However..

Camilla seems to also do well with her causes. Considering everything I feel you certainly can't hold her work against her. She does a good job.
Aspidistra

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »

Some people thought the Xmas card wasn't seasonal enough, others that the Croatian lady to the left of Charles (as you look at the card) was looming too large. Personally, I think it's a lovely card (as did others, it wasn't all criticism) and C and C don't usually stick to Xmas themes anyway. And yes, I don't know what's the matter with Cam's foundation garments but they need an overhaul!

I'm amazed someone criticized the Xmas card. I thought it was lovely. They don't have to be seasonal. It's perfectly appropriate to mark a special moment on the card. Harry did a Spitfire one once, didn't he? I don't think anyone criticised him for that.

The tree decorating was gorgeous. Great dress!
Winnifred

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: December 23, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »

https://www.google.com/am...ys-of-1930s-4440137/lite/

Prince Charles speaks of the dangers in this current political climate (in a veiled reference to Donald Trump).

Good for him. But I do wonder what sorts of future relations with the White House this might establish.  Huh?

Helena

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:34 PM »

I was watching a television programme and Annabel Ellliot (Camilla's sister) and Charles were on it.  It made me smile that Annabel calls Charles "Your Royal Highness" and "Sir".

Now, how many of you address your brother-in-law as "Sir"?  And do you ever curtsy to him?   
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: December 24, 2016, 04:58:37 AM »

I was watching a television programme and Annabel Ellliot (Camilla's sister) and Charles were on it.  It made me smile that Annabel calls Charles "Your Royal Highness" and "Sir".

Now, how many of you address your brother-in-law as "Sir"?  And do you ever curtsy to him?

wonder if Annabel said Thank you, Sir when she got all that money for decorating Charles's getaway house? Snare

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: December 24, 2016, 04:59:12 PM »

wonder if Annabel said Thank you, Sir when she got all that money for decorating Charles's getaway house? Snare

G Smiley

Lol. I'm sure that Annabel knows her place. If I was Charles, I'd despise her for being so subservient. She should have more confidence.

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: December 24, 2016, 08:46:35 PM »

https://www.google.com/am...ys-of-1930s-4440137/lite/

Prince Charles speaks of the dangers in this current political climate (in a veiled reference to Donald Trump).

Good for him. But I do wonder what sorts of future relations with the White House this might establish.  Huh?

It's probably best in the current political climate not to discuss US politics at this point. I will say that Trump's secret weapon is Ivanka. She was the one to bring in Leonardo DiCaprio and Al Gore. Trump is not stupid and as a business man will be fine with Prince Charles. Scotland might not be. I don't think they've gotten over the golf course situation from years ago. So that's my two cents and I will not discuss politics again. It's the one subject that can bring on arguments even among friends.  JMO.
Eya

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: March 07, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »

Charles and Camilla visit between 29th March and 6th April Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria after request of the British Government

https://t.co/S3DtEx2VBo
Duchess of Verona

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: March 08, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »

G Smiley

Lol. I'm sure that Annabel knows her place. If I was Charles, I'd despise her for being so subservient. She should have more confidence.
I'm quite sure that Charles is used to every person that he meets is subservient to him.
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: March 10, 2017, 03:46:06 AM »

Celebrity Dirty Laundry  is reporting that Charles and Camilla have an upcoming tour: 

"Charles and Camilla will be visiting Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria from March 29th to April 6th. And, just like Prince William and Kate Middleton, Charles and Camilla have taken on unofficial roles as Brexit ambassadors.

Clarence House released a statement about their trip that said, ?The tour will highlight the UK?s relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking.?

I checked the royal calendar and Prince Charles' diary but neither has anything listed after 22 March.  Has anyone else heard about this tour?

TexasBear

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:01 AM »

Celebrity Dirty Laundry  is reporting that Charles and Camilla have an upcoming tour: 

"Charles and Camilla will be visiting Romania, Italy, The Holy See and Austria from March 29th to April 6th. And, just like Prince William and Kate Middleton, Charles and Camilla have taken on unofficial roles as Brexit ambassadors.

Clarence House released a statement about their trip that said, ?The tour will highlight the UK?s relationship with European partners in areas including social cohesion, military ties and combatting human trafficking.?

I checked the royal calendar and Prince Charles' diary but neither has anything listed after 22 March.  Has anyone else heard about this tour?

Check a couple of posts prior to yours. ;-)

https://www.princeofwales...it-europe-celebrate-links
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: March 19, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »

Some talk of whether Camilla should be called Queen in the Sunday papers after speculation in the week. It's always been the palace plan.

Even though we pointed this out in 2005, palace officials swore blind it wouldn't happen and continued to do so for 11 years.

It's interesting to see how awkward they look when this is raised now though and how they now insist it's inappropriate to speculate.

A reminder: Clarence House said it would support legislation if necessary to ensure that Camilla did not become or was not known as Queen.

Under current law, she will become Queen, just as in law she is Princess of Wales, but the Royal Household's formal position remains.

Richard Palmer on twitter

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: March 19, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »

There is no reason why she shouldn't be called Queen. She is doing a fantastic job as princess of Wales and I hope they do not change the law and deny her the title she deserves.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: March 19, 2017, 02:54:53 PM »

Torn on the subject!
I'd quite welcome a precedent for kate...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: