Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William - news and photos  (Read 1118650 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7050 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:03 AM »

I know that Willnot's mother died suddenly and tragically. She was a controversial figure for half her life because of the contradictions of the public and private person. I also know that he often brings up his mother in his engagements and mentions some iota of tragedy or hurt or struggle or how it affected him -- seemingly without acknowledging the struggle and pain of the person he is talking with by letting them convey their experience.

Despite the flurry of PR for the Heads Together campaign due to the London Marathon choosing it as its charity this year, I can't help but think that whatever charity work is done in the last 5 years is 'because Mummy.' How long can he drag this woman's tragic death into every engagement that can remotely be connected to his mother's sudden death? Many people experience the sudden death of a loved one and manage to get on with their lives in less than 20 years past the date of death. They cope with the loss at the time, move ahead from the loss and get on with their life. And now this mental health campaign. i can't help but think there is more going on behind the scenes than is being let on. IMO.

Is it just me that is a bit suspicious of this campaign?
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7051 on: April 19, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »

Well, at least Willnot's had some experience of trauma I suppose, both in his occasional 'work' and his private life, which is more than can be said for Cannot. I don't know what experiences she brings to 'Heads Together'. Wasn't it hinted somewhere that she was the starter-upper of this campaign?
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7052 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:45 AM »

My dad lost his mom when he was William's age to suicide. He found her body.

He never speaks of his mom to most people. He never went to get help. I only know this because my aunt is more open about it. My grandmother was extremely mentally ill--probably bipolar and schizophrenia, who knows, though. It's so sad because nobody understood then either and you NEVER talked about it!

These are the people one would imagine William could empathize with, but he always makes it about him and his grief. Whereas someone like my dad, 50 years on, still struggles with it because he cannot speak of it to anyone.

William, I feel, uses his mother to get out of things or as a "but but but ME MY MOTHER," which is off-putting to say the least.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7053 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »

Well, at least Willnot's had some experience of trauma I suppose, both in his occasional 'work' and his private life, which is more than can be said for Cannot. I don't know what experiences she brings to 'Heads Together'. Wasn't it hinted somewhere that she was the starter-upper of this campaign?

i beg to differ...

IAMDIANA brings with her the life- long trauma of being Ma Macbeth"s daughter and being her puppet n not growing her own spine.,  Dead

billy should have been ma macbeth;s son and kate diana's daughter  Crazy it woulkd have been the tonic these two tossers needed in life.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7054 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

He never speaks of his mom to most people. He never went to get help. I only know this because my aunt is more open about it. My grandmother was extremely mentally ill--probably bipolar and schizophrenia, who knows, though. It's so sad because nobody understood then either and you NEVER talked about it!

These are the people one would imagine William could empathize with, but he always makes it about him and his grief. Whereas someone like my dad, 50 years on, still struggles with it because he cannot speak of it to anyone.

William, I feel, uses his mother to get out of things or as a "but but but ME MY MOTHER," which is off-putting to say the least.

Star
That's why I am always suspicious when it comes to Will and charity work. I doubt a person so self-centred like he seems to be can help any campaign unless his title is the only help required. It's quite ironic that he doesn't want people to just see the prince or his future role when there is literally nothing else that recommends him.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7055 on: April 19, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »

Ellie, do you think your dad wants to speak about it but feels he can't, or just doesn't want to and would prefer to manage in his own way?  Do you consider he does manage OK?  My mother lost first her brother and then, two years later, her husband to suicide, at a time when she had a young daughter and teenage son.  I was only 4 when my dad died and she didn't even tell me he had committed suicide until I was 15, but I have always had the impression that Mum grieved at the time but got over it and moved on with life, and didn't talk about it then because she thought it was sad and not something she wanted to talk about.  Of course your dad had the added trauma of finding his mother and that must have been horrible for him.

William strikes me as determined to push people to talk about things they don't necessarily want to talk about.  It's one thing to encourage people who are feeling fragile that it's OK to talk about what's bothering them if they want to talk, but quite another, IMO, to make them feel like they have to talk about something when they don't want to talk about it.  And there is a big difference between someone who has a  mental problem like depression or bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, and someone who is grieving the loss of a relative, to suicide or illness or accident.  One category needs professional treatment and the other usually just needs time to grieve and sometimes some counselling.  There's the added factor in the case of William and Harry that either or both of them might have inherited some of their mother's particular frailties.   I think it's very sad that Harry suffered from issues related to his mother's death for all those years before seeking professional help.  I wonder if William has done the same?  If not, I think it would be a good idea.  
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7056 on: April 19, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »

Fascinating insight by @RoyalBiographer While William turned to friends after Diana's death Harry went off the rails

Here come the comparisons...  Snare

https://twitter.com/Carol...status/854588012067524608
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #7057 on: April 19, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »

William did investitures today seen here with Victoria Beckham

Keen!
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7058 on: April 19, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »

I was surprised to see Victoria there after all the polemic involving David just a couple of months ago  Thinking Also what happened to her face?  No
William as usual looks uncomfortable to me  Snore

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7059 on: April 19, 2017, 10:03:10 PM »

Fascinating insight by @RoyalBiographer While William turned to friends after Diana's death Harry went off the rails

Here come the comparisons...  Snare

https://twitter.com/Carol...status/854588012067524608

Here comes the throwing the spare under the bus to prop up the heir   Secret    Whistle

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #7060 on: April 20, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »

Have not see the full documentary but thought these gifs were lovely.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7061 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:20 AM »

Have not see the full documentary but thought these gifs were lovely.

It was one of his rare better moments. Not all of it but a few words he said sounded actually genuine. But watching a brave woman like her, who lost her baby and her husband just a few days later, asking an imo usually pretty uncaring person like Will if her kids will be ok was sad. Well, at least this time he reacted rather decent.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #7062 on: April 20, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »

I find that William sometimes comes across as someone who easily gives suggestions, opinions, or "wise words" to other people but rarely apply it to himself, maybe because he thinks he's okay? Sometimes he gives good advice. Like he advised Harry to speak to someone because their mother's passing weighed heavily on the surviving child, but he did not take the advice for himself because he thought he's absolutely fine and not having what it was that afflicted Harry. This could be two things, one, he genuinely did not recognize that he was suffering himself; two, he thought he was above that because he was "a better person".

I hesitate to put the abovementioned theory but it niggled in my mind because I have an uncle like that. For many years when I was younger I thought he gave really good sound advice I thought he was just sensitive and dialed n like that. I never thought that he must've deep down recognized the problem but chose not to address it. Apparenlty it got too far but not to a point of no return. He wouild later admit to family that he thought he was above it. Worse, that he should be above it, even as he advised people to go get counseling etc.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7063 on: April 20, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »

That's a nice gif set, for once not rehearsed or fake and you can see he has true compassion in his face.

I wish we saw more of it, but it's hidden by his arrogance, his pride and conviction he is perfect as well as his paranoia.

As for my dad (I was out all day), I don't know. He's spoken more of her in the last few years than he ever has, but most of the things I have heard from her were from other relatives who have also acted like oh she was just a bit crazy, it's no issue, she was wonderful one moment and a harridan the next, as if it were normal? But the stories he has told me of her abuse breaks my heart. I feel like I can mention it since you guys don't know me, or my dad, but I feel like people like my dad--And William too--haven't gotten the help they need. And people like my dad, older, who are set in their ways who grew up to show everything is perfect on the outside when you are in so much turmoil and pain inside... I don't know, it's why I wish this campaign could do more, but with W&K at the helm nothing will be done for people who are in situations like my dad. Or like me.

It's all just feel good "smash the stigma" rubbish when really difficult discussions must be said. And now that the marathon's coming, well, I figure this will be dropped like a hot potato.
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7064 on: April 20, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »

Seems Kate isn't the only one who holds her hand out like that ^ maybe she's copying Will?
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: