Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Madeleine gives birth to a girl 20/02/2014  (Read 35203 times)
Martina91

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Can I squeeze the butterfly? :-D

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

I tried to read the name from Chris's band but I could see nothing :-(
http://www.newmyroyals.com/

R.I.P swedish monarchy :-(
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

Chris might even agree with you, Lady Alice -- I doubt he wears the bracelets to anyone's boardroom -- but I still think it would be crazy if the press attacks him for it. It's coming from a good place, he's had more important things to deal with, and IMO some things can just slide. Like shaving when your wife had a day-long labor after a difficult pregnancy and your first child is just 12 hours old.

(IMO it looked kind of weird when Daniel announced Estelle's birth in a suit, as if he was dressed perfectly like James Bond when coaching his wife through the messy business of childbirth. But that's a CP couple, so it figures.)

RoyalDish.com
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

coolmum

Small Member

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »

Lady Alice, I felt very sorry for your sister's passing and I can understand your sentiment. I experience the same, both my parents died of cancer too.

But regarding Chris, he has been wearing these bracelets for supporting some charities and good causes., eg, Childhood and "fight for cancer" . Yes, the F word here sounds off but it was actually a registered charity org in US.

A lot of guys, professionals or not wear these bracelets to show support. His best man wear them and I think Hotkon from Norway did too. I feel it is okay and I am not offendd by it.
Chris did not show them on purpose, he was being a very happy father showing off his baby's footprint to all.So I think the bracelets are just fine, and also he may not realise that he was wearing them.

Lady Alice, wish and hope you have found some peace and closure, many blessings on you. Hug
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:55:08 PM by coolmum » Logged
Lovis

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »

Chris might even agree with you, Lady Alice -- I doubt he wears the bracelets to anyone's boardroom -- but I still think it would be crazy if the press attacks him for it. It's coming from a good place, he's had more important things to deal with, and IMO some things can just slide. Like shaving when your wife had a day-long labor after a difficult pregnancy and your first child is just 12 hours old.

(IMO it looked kind of weird when Daniel announced Estelle's birth in a suit, as if he was dressed perfectly like James Bond when coaching his wife through the messy business of childbirth. But that's a CP couple, so it figures.)

IA, somehow I imagine Daniel wearing that suit at the maternity ward. Grin
Trier1

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »

The baby seems to be a bit small: Could that be because of Madde's smoking? Because I read that if you smoke during the pregnancy the child can be born underweight
The baby has a perfectly normal, healthy weight and size. 3150g might be on the lower end of the average weight range but is still perfectly normal and healthy, so, IMO,  no hint that Madeleine was smoking during pregnancy (at least not after she knew it)
Marie

Gigantic Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »

See, I disagree re Chris wearing the bracelets. He's a 40 year old businessman with international connections, married to a European princess, and therefore does have an image to project even if he's a semi-private personage. I don't think it's really appropriate... not in a board room, not at a client meeting, and not at a press conference re the birth of his daughter.

And believe me, I understand the sentiment: I was 19 when I watched my sister die of breast cancer.  I'm just saying there's a time and place for this, and this isn't it IMO.

ITA. you can't marry a princess and wear a lot of gri-gri, sweatpants and a 3 days beard to announce the birth of your daughter. too carefree,and yet they didn't reveal the name,like the royals do, so please if you want to do royal, dress up a bit and let me dream.
Voilà ! I totally agree ortensia ! a  Star for you  Smiley In French we say "Tu ne peux pas avoir le beurre et l'argent du beurre" or "Tu ne peux pas avoir le beurre et la soeur de la crémière". => "You can NOT have the butter and the money from the butter" or "You can NOT have the butter and (have an affair with) the sister of the dairyman/milkman."

Or you're Royal from tip to toe, and you suck public money for that job, or you are not. I appreciate Chris, and liked his emotions (real ? let's hope for Maddie !) on his wedding day and his speech and poise during this last press conference. But it's true that the F... word and the dirty beard and sweater aren't so classy. Well, the sweater is OK if he had to rush with his wife to the maternity, but still he could have changed his clothes for the press conference.

Sign the petition to free Sunder, the tortured Elephant : https://secure.avaaz.org/...der_the_Elephant//?launch
coolmum

Small Member

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »

I don't understand what's wrong with Chris's dressing, shave or not, bracelets or no bracelets.

This happy guy has been with his wife for a day long labour, he was very tired and I know for sure he took his bath, but him not shaving and wearing no suit and tie meant that he was unpresentable or not pofessional??? No offence to anyone but I was feeling very puzzled now.
I think he might be the only one with Madde, there was no family or friend around, so do we expect him to rush home, bathed, shaved, removed all his bracelets and wore a suit and tie, then rushed back for the conference??!!!

Yes he can bring his suit along when Madde was admitted, but hey his whole mind was only thinking of his wife and baby, to be with them every minute and second.
I wanted to apllaud him.for being who he is, a very ordinary guy not another rich, spoilt and arrogant brat. JMO.
QueenEM

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »

Found this site https://ewingsarcoma.word.../fuck-cancer-mums-corner/ the bracelets look similar but I'm not 100% sure;

This blog post I would like to dedicate to the young people in Sweden who started their own cancer organization called ‘Young Cancer’.

I found out about this organization through below bracelets, my mum came with when visiting from Sweden during Raz’s sickness. She bought these ‘Fuck Cancer’ bracelets to the whole family, which we still today carry proudly. More organization’s like yours are needed in every country!

I see it as a positive thing. Go Chris! Jumping

The first one is definitely a fuck cancer and if I'm not mistaken (it's blurry) the second one is a childhood one  Thinking

Star Chris had more important things in mind in that moment, like his wife and newborn girl  Wink
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »

If the press attacks Chris for wearing a "fuck cancer" bracelet while talking about the birth of his daughter, IMO that reflects far more poorly on the press than Chris. He's obviously supporting some charity or initiative or patient with the bracelet.

This Star

There is a slogan that has been associated with many cancer groups.  The press needs to get over themselves.

Anybody know when they'll announce the name?  I know they're not like the Danes who wait until the christening, and I am surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »

Here's the group that is so offensive to the press Roll Eyes
http://www.letsfcancer.com

Lovis

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »

If the press attacks Chris for wearing a "fuck cancer" bracelet while talking about the birth of his daughter, IMO that reflects far more poorly on the press than Chris. He's obviously supporting some charity or initiative or patient with the bracelet.

This Star

There is a slogan that has been associated with many cancer groups.  The press needs to get over themselves.

Anybody know when they'll announce the name?  I know they're not like the Danes who wait until the christening, and I am surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

The name will be announced at a konselj next week. No date yet but I assume it will be on thursday or friday.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2014, 05:12:57 PM »

This Star

The name will be announced at a konselj next week. No date yet but I assume it will be on thursday or friday.

Thanks Lovis Star

Miss Marple

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »

What surprised me back then Wills and Kate got engaged was the fact that father Middleton looked (IMO) a bit unkempt. When I saw him I thought "Where is his tie". There was never anything written about that. Plus if I had been Carol, I would have died - all of a sudden you are in a upper class situation and people expect you to stand beside your husband, smile and let him do all the talking. This is not like the normal mariage works where both are responsible for earning money, bringing up children. It was strange IMO and it might have felt strange for them.

Chris is Chris. He has shown that he has no interest in being a member of the SRF. He politely declined a title and I doubt he will ever be fluent in Swedish or move to Sweden. He had his career set and if he had not met Madde he would do exactly the job he is doing today. I think it was a very big step for him to come and talk to the press and all in all he was very likeable even though he was emotional, tired and he was confronted with some very intrusive and stupid questions.

It is a bit unfair to expect him to turn into a upper class reserved guy. If he had delivered the news like Prince William did he would not have been more likeable. God knows where he got the bracelet - when he was slipping out of the delivery ward to have a coffee and a smoke in lobby? I think he is a private person and he gave a lot of information and he should not be attacked over the bracelet, whether it was appropriate or not.
jigmesjigga

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »

I think all of the things people are objecting to about Chris are making me like him more and more.  They are also making me like Madeleine more and more because she did pick a guy who seems to adore her and support her and who is just being himself.  I hope they stay in the U.S. and stay out of the mess that is the SRF for the most part.  I imagine once CG steps down, gets kicked out or whatever, and Vic ends up on the throne that any status Mads has would be reduced and any money she gets would be reduced.  This baby is probably gonna be more American than anything else if they bring her up in NYC. 
Laprincess

Humongous Member

United States United States

Love Birds

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »

Journalist: (something) push present?
Chris: Yeah, I've got a push present.
Journalist: What is it?
Chris: First I think my wife has to see it and then you'll know.
Journalist: Does it come in a small box or a big package?
Chris: It's a small box.
Journalist: Is it blue?
Chris: It's not blue.

Why should it be blue? Anyone knows?

Tiffany's box is famously light aqua blue. It's the most famous jewelry store in NYC.

Edit: Joyce already answered it.  Thumb up
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:48:24 PM by Laprincess » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: