Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Felipe VI News  (Read 200245 times)
AC

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: January 17, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »

Thank you for the photos, videos & articles Clara, Nuno, and Laprincess ! Star Star Star

Wow, King Felipe has a very busy schedule (it seems like he hasn't had a free day since Monday last week Shocked )! I think he's the only Monarch that have this schedule. He's very hard working. Thumb up Thumb up

I agree that he's "Kingly" and has professional appearance. Not to mention very charming (just look at the photos of him greeting people ).
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: January 17, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »

Felipe is so impressive. Not just his work load but the sincerity and duty you see in him and how he really manages to emulate just the best of what one would imagine a monarch would be - someone who is an agent in public and political life but not political himself and is encouraging in getting people and the government and organizations to work together. I think he and Leti are great. I want Felipe for my head of state!!
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: January 17, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »

You're welcome AC!  Star

He does work a lot, he also has his office work, weekly meetings with the PM, private audiences, behind the scenes meetings to prepare for foreign trips, incoming visits, speeches...And he just spent his weekend in Saudi Arabia on an official trip. He arrived early this morning in Madrid (his schedule said he returned to Spain on Tuesday) and today he had two public events, one with UN officials and speech included.

Ellie, he's seen very positively in Spain. Like it happens to Victoria in Sweden republican leaders don't criticise him, they tell him to win the presidency in a landslide in an election. However, I think most Spaniards, even those who consider themselves republicans, hate the idea of a politician being head of state.  Our politicians are always despised by everyone except for a small number of faithful voters. There's no better argument than "Would you rather have (name of politician depends on your audience) as head of state?"  Wink Wink (And I'm only semi-joking)

Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »

Honestly, if Felipe were my head of state, I'd be quite happy! I'm glad he is seen so positively. I think he has done a fabulous job so far. It must have been so difficult the last year with the government crises he's had to deal with, being the mature adult in a room of squabbling kids!

I like the idea of a non-political head of state who reminds the politicians to do their job and what their job is, instead of infighting and acting like children. I find with a personality like Felipe it can work very well, whether it be inherited like a monarchy or an elected head of state position who is apolitical. A symbol for national unity and who keeps the institutions going and so on I think is far better than a president or whatever who has political power and is always beholden to special interests and money and so on.

He works hard, does his job well and is an excellent representative of Spain and the Spanish people. I think of the whole country positively thanks to Felipe though I know little about Spain, I have to admit. I would be very proud to have him as my head of state.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:11 AM »

Felipe was welcome by a warrior dance when he arrived. I'm curious about this but CR only has this photo on its site.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlfVCw0Llc

Thanks Clara. Star So it's just 80 men wielding swords.  

Here is the video of Felipe meeting the King of SA:
https://www.youtube.com/w...=_Y2jpgXW2e0#t=105.368698

The Saudi King only spoke with Felipe, not the foreign minister or anyone else below Felipe. At one point, it seems all other people cleared out of the room so two kings can speak in private. Felipe handled it like a pro. I wonder how some other heirs like Frodo and William will handle it.

ETA: The Saudi King doesn't look too good. I wonder when the throne will be passed onto the next generation. All the brothers of this generation are dying out.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: January 18, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »

You're welcome AC!  Star

He does work a lot, he also has his office work, weekly meetings with the PM, private audiences, behind the scenes meetings to prepare for foreign trips, incoming visits, speeches...And he just spent his weekend in Saudi Arabia on an official trip. He arrived early this morning in Madrid (his schedule said he returned to Spain on Tuesday) and today he had two public events, one with UN officials and speech included.

Ellie, he's seen very positively in Spain. Like it happens to Victoria in Sweden republican leaders don't criticise him, they tell him to win the presidency in a landslide in an election. However, I think most Spaniards, even those who consider themselves republicans, hate the idea of a politician being head of state.  Our politicians are always despised by everyone except for a small number of faithful voters. There's no better argument than "Would you rather have (name of politician depends on your audience) as head of state?"  Wink Wink (And I'm only semi-joking)

I wonder when he arrived back home. One article says he got to the Senate to have breakfast with the regional presidents and the PM at 9 AM Tuseday morning. He couldn't have much sleep.  Blink
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »

Semana published all the pics of Felipe shopping at El Corte Ingl?s

semana

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: January 20, 2017, 02:54:19 AM »

Felipe received credentials from several new ambassadors:

Porland:

Peru:

Nicaragua (The man handed over his credential with one hand while Felipe extended two hands. It's pretty rude of that man.)

Bulgaria:

Vietnam:

Indian:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: January 20, 2017, 04:33:52 PM »

Semana published all the pics of Felipe shopping at El Corte Ingl?s

semana

Nice to see him go shopping on his own (in companionship of security guards and all Wink Smiley )
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: January 31, 2017, 03:04:09 AM »

Birthday boy, I mean Felipe, received outgoing Ecuador president, Rafael Correa, today before the Cervantes event:

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: January 31, 2017, 03:11:14 AM »

Morocco and Brazil, two new countries pending for the King
Felipe VI multiplies his agenda with a score of acts after the political blockade

Today is the 49th anniversary of Felipe VI, an event that takes place in a year of "takeoff" for the Head of State after the political blockade. If we make a comparison of the events he has done so far this year compared to 2016, we will see that he has multiplied his agenda: Don Felipe has held 17 public events and 12 hearings, counting with the agenda for next week - Take into account that it also develops an activity that does not transcend publicly, while last year it just presided over the Military Easter, after which it assumed the first and second round of consultations to propose candidate. A stage in which the King has strengthened the foundations of "felipismo": scrupulous fulfillment of the Constitution and "distance" with respect to political functioning, remaining purely institutional. A discreet profile and meetings behind closed doors, without looking for the protagonist role that his father had during the time of the Transition.

This "style" expands in all fields: Felipe VI recently took off for Saudi Arabia on an official trip aimed at strengthening relations with the Royal Family of the Gulf country, as well as supporting the positioning of our companies within their Economic opening plan. No businessman traveled on the Air Force plane, unlike Don Juan Carlos, who "wrapped" the businessmen more publicly in a concept of "Spain Brand" unit.

After Saudi Arabia, the Monarch has pending this year targets that it could not go to because the incumbent government did not consider it appropriate due to the political blockade, such as Japan and the United Kingdom, although this state tour will be more difficult to recover, since Which only run two invitations of these characteristics a year. Two countries that have already sent an invitation to the Kings to make a state visit are Brazil and Morocco, and both the Spanish Government and those of both nations are currently working on each agenda. One of the most important "legs" in the role of the King is the contribution to the projection of Spain abroad, and through his speeches the Monarch has made it clear that his priority will be to foster the European sentiment in the face of the advance of the policies that They question it, as well as deepen the union of nations to combat terrorism.

In the internal code, one of the main problems that threaten the unity of our country is, as happens year after year, the secessionist offensive by the Government of the Generalitat. The Head of State, as the maximum guarantor of the unity of the country that establishes the Constitution, makes continuous references to diversity within the union; In reception to the new diplomatic corps we find the most recent example. The next time Don Felipe will travel to Catalonia will be at the end of February to preside as usual the World Congress of Mobile Telephony in Barcelona, ​​an event that last year was also attended by the President of the Government, Mariano Rajoy. It is a day of great interest, since the President of the Generalitat, Carles Puigdemont, also attends the congress and gives a speech before the King. Last year he avoided making direct allusions to the secessionist process, although he did say that "despite the difficulties we must not fall into the there is nothing to do".

If in 2015 the Head of State blew candles in Ethiopia - literally, since the Ethiopian prime minister reserved that surprise - the last two years including this one will celebrate his birthday in patriotic soil. Today he will have a full agenda in the morning: he will first receive the president of the Republic of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, in an audience in La Zarzuela, during one of his last tours before leaving the presidency, and then will preside at the Royal Palace, Next to the Queen, the act ?Cervantes lives: closure of the commemoration of the fourth centenary of the death of Miguel de Cervantes?. Then the evening will be cleared to celebrate with his daughters.

The rest of the week will continue a fluid agenda for Don Felipe, who will share in two acts with Do?a Letizia at lunch on Wednesday with German President Joachim Gauck and his wife, Daniela Schadt, and the meeting with the Board of Directors Of the Islamic Commission of Spain, on Thursday.

Tribute to Cervantes on his 49th birthday

Don Felipe will preside today an act of special importance in the Royal Palace: ?Cervantes lives: closure of the commemoration of the fourth centenary of the death of Miguel de Cervantes?. According to sources at the Casa del Rey, the act, which has had the collaboration of all the administrations, means an express support of the Crown to the figure of the writer, as it has done throughout this year and as Alfonso XIII In the previous centenary. There will be a stage setting with actors, which will include Concha Velasco and Jos? Luis G?mez, among others, who will act before 200 guests from different institutional areas. The act will have some words that Don Felipe will dedicate to the playwright.

http://www.larazon.es/esp...es-para-el-rey-DA14410425
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: February 01, 2017, 03:17:42 AM »

Spanish monarchist newspaper ABC selected 100 Most Influential in Spain for 2017. Felipe is #1. Surprise surprise.  Wink

http://www.abc.es/los-100-influyentes/

The article on Felipe:

The King, the best defender of the Spain brand in the international scene

The most valuable weapon of a constitutional King of the early twenty-first century, without executive powers, is his ability to influence, within and outside our borders. Without moral authority he could not exercise their functions institutional or social responsibility. The warnings and recommendations of a King without influence would fall on deaf ears in the ears of his interlocutors.

Don Felipe has known since he began to use reason and discovered what his peculiar office of King was. He also learned very quickly that he could only be credited with that moral authority with an honest, honest and transparent conduct in his official and private life, with political intelligence in the performance of his duties and with the appreciation and respect of citizens.

Although in Spain he hardly had to make himself known, because he was a public person since he was born, he invested many hours in flights, hotel nights, inaugurations and international meetings, until he became a privileged interlocutor abroad. And as soon as he was proclaimed King, after the abdication of Don Juan Carlos, he took the opportunity to intervene as Head of State in the most important forums of the world. Today it would be difficult to find a better agenda than that of Don Felipe, not only in terms of contacts, but also because of their importance. Personally knows many of those who are, they have been and will be .

The influence of a King is very different from that of other people, since it can only be exercised for the benefit of the general interests, without ever jeopardizing the independence of the Crown, its political neutrality or equality of opportunity all the Spanish people. If he violated these rules, his influence would disappear.

Unlike the politicians, who every four years must undergo the opinion of the polls, the King has long terms to exert its influence. This can drive the great changes that a country needs to modernize and progress. Or, as now, to adapt to the new technological age that is radically changing the world.

Don Felipe is convinced that "never before in the history of mankind and in such a short space of time had such great changes occurred". Either we anticipate, or they will drag us. "We must not wait for this new reality imposed upon us , he warns. Let us instead have enough strength and drive as a country to anticipate and assume the necessary role in the new era that opens before us. " That is precisely the idea that is repeated in the most important speeches of the King, from that of his Proclamation to the last Message of Christmas. "These are not times for internal divisions," he warns, but to work together "for the best Spain."

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: February 01, 2017, 03:44:27 AM »

Delivery of the XIX edition of the CODESPA Awards
Rafael del Pino Foundation. Madrid, 01/31/2017
Solidarity
His Majesty the King, Honorary President of the CODESPA Foundation, presented these awards, which recognize the contribution of the private sector and society to the eradication of poverty through solidarity projects and initiatives, as well as the promotion of social responsibility And citizen involvement in the problems of the most disadvantaged.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: February 03, 2017, 04:27:31 AM »

Felipe had several audiences today:

Hearing to a representation of the Advisory Council of the Network for the Study of Contemporary Monarchies

Hearing to the XLI Promotion of Lawyers of the Administration of Justice

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: February 03, 2017, 04:31:03 AM »

Leti joined him for this event. A video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMlk1EAWZLs

Hearing to the Board of Directors of the Islamic Commission of Spain

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: