Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scandalous European Royals  (Read 8772 times)
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2014, 12:10:07 AM »

I saw this article and thought I'd share:

http://www.dailymail.co.u...lous-royals-revealed.html
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »

Funny how the DM omitted their own royal family or are they going to run a separate article on them?  Whistle
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »

Thanks for the DM article, Perdie.  Star

I find it distasteful that DM lists other royals' falls from grace, colourful pasts and eccentricities along side the suspected criminal activities of Inaki and Cristina.
It's almost like they are watering down the gravity of the Spanish behaviour by scratching up anything at all about other royals. For me the thuggery of Caroline's husband Ernst and Juan Carlos shooting elephants are seriously bad but listing Martha Louise talking to angels, Mette-Marit's past and Stephanie joining the circus is insulting. 
I wonder why DM didn't include Sarah Ferguson taking a commission for organising a meeting with Andrew??     
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:48:39 AM »

Because the point of the article is to make the BRF look good in comparison.  Angel
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 04:25:00 AM »

I wonder why DM didn't include Sarah Ferguson taking a commission for organising a meeting with Andrew??      
A reasonable question, answered below:

Because the point of the article is to make the BRF look good in comparison.  Angel
Aaaaand, we have a winner! Thumb up
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 04:30:26 AM »

A reasonable question, answered below:

Because the point of the article is to make the BRF look good in comparison.  Angel
Aaaaand, we have a winner! Thumb up

Flowers
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 10:04:39 AM »

Yes, maybe the BRF appear good.   Thumb up  Laprincess

Secret Their obvious and suspicious absence encouraged me to think of examples though - such as Fergie.

The point of the article also, I think, was to make the Spanish Inaki and Cristina seem like they were just behaving like royals do - like they can all be a little naughty.

Cristina and Inaki are in another league altogether.  I think they're crooks.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 10:09:19 AM »

I hope the Danes start looking into Mary's relationship with Haberdash.  There is something revolting about taxpayers paying for designer gear that is then onsold, with profits going to a stylist who never paid for them in the first place.  May not be illegal but it's morally reprehensible.

I'd also be interested to see what quiet back room deals are done that result in Mary advertising Lego on the slopes of Verbiers.  What concessions, legs up, tax breaks are quietly negotiated so that the royals can get free accommodation etc.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »

Because the point of the article is to make the BRF look good in comparison.  Angel

Too bad that the BRF is both boring as hell AND uninteresting, despite the fact that they are every bit as shady as the other royal families.  It's really quite remarkable, actually. 

I don't mind these articles.  They're a refreshing change from the usual batshit crazy sugar nonsense that is usually written about royals.  Reality is always a positive thing, IMO.  No need to shroud it in crazy.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:16 AM »

So, given the recent news about prince Andrew, I wonder was this article intended to show that his behaviour is 'normal' among royals?
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 05:46:49 AM »

Why is the media not reporting on the horrendous things a certain Swedish princess has done in the past?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »

the same reason, why the Danish media is not reporting on Mary and her stylist selling her stuff that she got from designers at a second hand store called Haberdash.

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »

the same reason, why the Danish media is not reporting on Mary and her stylist selling her stuff that she got from designers at a second hand store called Haberdash.

i usually give all the clothes i'm fed up with to a charity, who sell them.
it's not unusual for me to cross people down the street wearing something that i recognize as mine.
with the money the charity makes, the charity pay meals for poorer people.
i'd like to know if you can help me: haberdash gives the money to poor people or keep them for itself?
 Thinking
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »

i usually give all the clothes i'm fed up with to a charity, who sell them.
it's not unusual for me to cross people down the street wearing something that i recognize as mine.
with the money the charity makes, the charity pay meals for poorer people.
i'd like to know if you can help me: haberdash gives the money to poor people or keep them for itself?
 Thinking

Haberdash is a for-profit, business, designer second-hand clothing store; the items sold have a split profit between the "house" (Haberdash) and the consignee.  In this case, the consignee is already-very-wealthy Mary whose clothing was a donation from the Danish people, as they pay her clothing allowance.  The items cost Mary nothing and she makes money off their resale.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »

Mary took clothes and accessories from stores without paying. She wore it once or twice and then resold them for profit. There's nothing charitable about it, unless you want to count the stores' "donation" to her.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: