Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst princess ever?  (Read 99580 times)
LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2016, 10:03:01 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/...arie-Christine_of_Belgium

Marie-Christine of Belgium I presume?

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2016, 04:22:07 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/...arie-Christine_of_Belgium

Marie-Christine of Belgium I presume?
Yeah.

AutumnOpal

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2016, 04:37:40 AM »

I don't really understand the hate on Princess Kiko, I've seen it in other forums too and it bothers me. I feel like people pit her against Masako just because Kiko managed to have a son. I'm sure Kiko was under just as much pressure to have an heir-and I bet it was dialed up as Masako reached middle age. It's not Kiko's fault that Masako was treated poorly and had a rough time. If anything I feel worse for Kiko because she doesn't have such admiration from her husband as Masako does.
Kiko works very hard and she is present and behaves well at all of the formal events-I don't understand how that earns her a spot as a top 10 worst princess
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2016, 04:48:35 PM »

I don't really understand the hate on Princess Kiko, I've seen it in other forums too and it bothers me. I feel like people pit her against Masako just because Kiko managed to have a son. I'm sure Kiko was under just as much pressure to have an heir-and I bet it was dialed up as Masako reached middle age. It's not Kiko's fault that Masako was treated poorly and had a rough time. If anything I feel worse for Kiko because she doesn't have such admiration from her husband as Masako does.
Kiko works very hard and she is present and behaves well at all of the formal events-I don't understand how that earns her a spot as a top 10 worst princess
I never said I hated Kiko in my own words. Just her personality seems like... um, different. I don't hate her, but who knows? Nor I hate Masako. She just gives me a little of bad vibe, but again, I don't have a problem with her. I just follow my instincts...

AutumnOpal

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2016, 03:13:23 AM »

I didn't really mean to call you out directly so I apologize for that-it's just that I've seen that and similar opinions of her in other forums (including the Japanese family page on this forum) and I don't understand where it came from. So I'm hoping that someone can explain it to me-what is it that makes people not like her? Usually the reason people give me is because she managed to have a son when Masako couldn't. That she did it out of greed to become mother to an Emperor. But I don't think Kiko had a choice in that-I don't think she went through what she did (which I assume was extensive fertility treatment since she was fairly old herself when he was born) just to show off/take the crown from Aiko. I think Kiko had it (the pressure to produce an heir) just as bad as Masako. Why punish Kiko because the powers that be allowed her to get pregnant when Masako couldn't--That's not Kiko's fault.
Basically--just because we love Masako doesn't mean we have to dislike Kiko. (Just like you don't have to hate Camilla because you loved Diana, etc.)
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »

I think people these days aren't so accepting of the Japenese Royal Family's succession rules. I think many people feel uncomfortable that the Crown Prince and Crown Princess' child will not succeed to the throne simply because she is a girl. I guess people think Kiko should speak out in some way against the situation that would make her Empress and her son Emperor over the child of her brother in law.
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2016, 08:33:37 PM »

#2 - Marie-Christine (Dishonor to her family; hates the monarchy; renounce your rights to the throne and take your title away  Real mad)
She never had any rights to the Belgian throne and neither did her siblings Alexander & Marie-Esmeralda. Considering her views of monarchy we can assume she does not use her title anyway, although you never know with the Belgian bunch, they seem to be very indecisive.  Icecream
AutumnOpal

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2016, 09:42:22 PM »

I think people these days aren't so accepting of the Japenese Royal Family's succession rules. I think many people feel uncomfortable that the Crown Prince and Crown Princess' child will not succeed to the throne simply because she is a girl. I guess people think Kiko should speak out in some way against the situation that would make her Empress and her son Emperor over the child of her brother in law.

Yes I believe you are right-and I do agree with that sentiment that Aiko should be the heir.
But when it comes to Kiko-lets be honest-this is a woman with very little control of her own life-if her in-laws go on a trip she has to go to the airport to watch the plane come and go and she has to carry her gloves a certain way (just two small examples) There is no way she could ever say anything publicly about the situation. Or any situation, ever. (except for maybe her chief cause-sign language).
These are the same rules that Masako tried to rebel against and in turn they made her life a living hell, but Kiko was (when she married in) younger and less worldly than Masako and she obeyed them. 
marie louise
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »

I'm with Queen Alia all the way, very good list!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: