Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middleton News & Photos  (Read 296063 times)
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2055 on: March 07, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »

That pic in context of the article is kind of sad. Imagine having your whole life aimed at social respectability in this supposedly modern, egalitarian era. What a stunted, circumscribed way to exist when you live for your mother's, grandmother's and great-grandmother's aspirations. No wonder Kate is so dull.

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #2056 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

I agree. I wonder how come she never has had the willpower to rebel against this pre-destined plan for her life. I hope Charlotte does exactly that. Then again, I don't know how she could rebel against her parents other than becoming a really hard-working person in whatever she chooses to do. But I hope she will have the guts to be more than the one-dimensional character her mother seems to be.
smf3000

Warned
Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #2057 on: March 07, 2017, 08:17:49 PM »

All very fascinating. Thanks for posting Suzerain  Star

There's not much in here about kindness though. Except the kindness of the family who they were too good for. Perhaps that says it all.

Of course Carole and Kate are kind. To those who can do them a service.

Are they kind though, to their staff? To their cleaners, their drivers, their laundry workers? Or are they only seen as people to measure themselves against, so they come out on top?

Royalty is the biggest scam there is  Confused. People with the least, paying for others to look down on them. And being grateful for it too Yikes.

I blame Disney  Crazy and that goddamned glass slipper  Roll Eyes

I wouldn't be surprised if the Royal Family had an icon of Mickey Mouse above an altar, surrounded by candles and Cinderella memorabilia  Angel. If they don't, then they should  Wink
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2058 on: March 08, 2017, 05:07:17 AM »

"For all the ups and downs of this colourful family, the pooling of genes of the middle-class Middletons and the determination and energy of the Goldsmiths have created one of the most eligible of girls in Kate Middleton, the great-granddaughter of a labourer now regularly spoken of as a future Queen of England."

I don't see Kate as "one of the most eligible of girls" - from her Mother's side she would be viewed as anything but eligible. Her father's side are more so. The aristocracy would not have looked twice at her. Her parents were industrious and made money and sent her to a school where she would meet "eligible" people. She met Chopper at Uni. More likely potential partners didn't want him - such as Isabella Calthorp - and Kate hung around until she was the last one standing who would cater to his every whim. Nothing has changed since.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2059 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »

She met William before uni, through making friends with Emilia Erlanger. Kate was always good at ingratiating herself to get to the target of William even as a teenager...
Eya

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2060 on: March 08, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nture-dream-crumbles.html

James Middleton's cake venture dream crumbles!!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2061 on: March 08, 2017, 05:46:58 PM »

What a suprise  Roll Eyes

This idiot has business failures after business failures...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2062 on: March 08, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nture-dream-crumbles.html

James Middleton's cake venture dream crumbles!!

Surprise!

NOT.    Snare

Secret  Next up -> James Middleton's  Boomf marshmallows dissolve into a sticky mess.

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2063 on: March 08, 2017, 11:44:56 PM »

I think he needs to stop making businesses and just work on his parents business to take it over, since Kate/Pippa both married into money.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2064 on: March 09, 2017, 12:31:38 AM »

I think he needs to stop making businesses and just work on his parents business to take it over, since Kate/Pippa both married into money.

I doubt Ma will let him have PP unless she has another source of income. He is as much a business man as Pippa is a talented author or Kate is a great working royal.  Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2065 on: March 22, 2017, 05:23:48 AM »

Somebody at the DM got their undies in a bunch...but they do have a point.

'Chocolate eggs are favourites': Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate

By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
21 March 2017

Waitroses and the other supermarkets have been criticised for trying to turn Easter into Christmas, with crackers and gaudy decorations for the holiest week of the year.

But the Duchess of Cambridge?s family are doing their best to cash in on this dismal trend.

Her mother, former air hostess Carole Middleton, has written an article for a children?s magazine offering a series of banal tips for how to celebrate Easter in a bid to boost sales at her mail-order party paraphernalia business.

[Ending the commentary with]:
However did we manage before the Middletons arrived at the heart of our public life?

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4333482/

I've read some of the 'advice' from the PP blog and web site and it is advertising masquerading as advice to consumers. The advice being buy our goods.

Banal: So lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring. (Oxford Eng Dict)

I believe that reading a few week's worth of tweeted advice from Grant Harrold and William Hanson would avoid embarassment and be far more productive than reading the PP blog.
 Whistle

gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2066 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:37 PM »

Somebody at the DM got their undies in a bunch...but they do have a point.

'Chocolate eggs are favourites': Mrs Middleton cracks Easter with a series of banal tips on how to celebrate

By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
21 March 2017

Waitroses and the other supermarkets have been criticised for trying to turn Easter into Christmas, with crackers and gaudy decorations for the holiest week of the year.

But the Duchess of Cambridge?s family are doing their best to cash in on this dismal trend.

Her mother, former air hostess Carole Middleton, has written an article for a children?s magazine offering a series of banal tips for how to celebrate Easter in a bid to boost sales at her mail-order party paraphernalia business.

[Ending the commentary with]:
However did we manage before the Middletons arrived at the heart of our public life?

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4333482/

I've read some of the 'advice' from the PP blog and web site and it is advertising masquerading as advice to consumers. The advice being buy our goods.

Banal: So lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring. (Oxford Eng Dict)

I believe that reading a few week's worth of tweeted advice from Grant Harrold and William Hanson would avoid embarassment and be far more productive than reading the PP blog.
 Whistle

Well, now we know where Pippster got her scintillating writing skills from. MaMidds' advice sounds EXACTLY like Pippa's articles.

MaMidds:  "Since Easter is a spring holiday, make the most of popping pastel colours."      Me: Wow, you don't say...pastels and Easter?! I never would have guessed!  Crazy

MaMidds:  "Chocolate bunnies and eggs are favourites, but you could also mix it up with an array of sweet treats."      Me: Whoever would have thought to suggest chocolate bunnies at Easter! She's really shaking things up!  Blink

I'm honestly surprised she didn't do some cross-marketing and suggest marshmallows with pictures of your children on them #boomf!

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Winnifred

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2067 on: March 31, 2017, 07:57:29 AM »

Dianaist

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2068 on: March 31, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »

Headline from the Daily Mail

"Pippa signs up Posh and Becks' PR mastermind for advice in the run-up to her wedding to hedge fund millionaire"

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Becks-PR-mastermind.html
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2069 on: March 31, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

Headline from the Daily Mail

"Pippa signs up Posh and Becks' PR mastermind for advice in the run-up to her wedding to hedge fund millionaire"

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Becks-PR-mastermind.html

Why, for heaven's sake?  It's just a wedding.  They're all pretty much the same.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: