Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles - news & photos II  (Read 69126 times)
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2017, 01:55:52 AM »

^Oops... I don't go on this thread often enough to have known that, but I know now... it won't happen again  Blink                                  
OKRoyalWatcher

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »

Opinions on this New Yorker piece on Charles.  http://www.newyorker.com/...rong?mbid=social_facebook
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »

I thought it was great! Nuanced and didn't take an obvious position, although I imagine it will be too negative fo his fans and too sympathetic for his haters. I was just coming here to share it.

Over the years, Charles has set up some twenty charities reflecting the range of his Bouvard-and-P?cuchet-like investigations. He has written several books, including ?Harmony,? a treatise arguing that ?the Westernized world has become far too firmly framed by a mechanistic approach to science.? He has sent thousands of letters to government ministers?known as the ?black spider memos,? for the urgent scrawl of his handwriting?on matters ranging from school meals and alternative medicine to the brand of helicopters used by British soldiers in Iraq and the plight of the Patagonian toothfish. He has given countless speeches: to British businessmen, on their poor business practices; to educators, on the folly of omitting Shakespeare from the national curriculum; to architects, on the horridness of tall modern buildings; and so on.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

Opinions on this New Yorker piece on Charles.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/10/where-prince-charles-went-wrong?mbid=social_facebook

Great minds OKRoyalWatcher!  Star
You beat me to it.

I think this is an excellent piece! It can be transferred to other Crown Princes' and the fog of delusion they are raised under.

I think this is why I like Victoria so much, I think her brother was continued to be raised under the "you can do no wrong, and you are the best" delusion, even after he was moved down a notch while Victoria sought a more authentic life and surrounds herself with people she trusts.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: