Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry goes to Africa and AUS/NZ  (Read 90778 times)
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »

Does anyone know when Harry returned? He still hasn't met C yet

He said in the BBC interview that he returned late afternoon yesterday (Sunday) given that he had this event and the Cambridges are at Amner, I am assuming he will see her soon? Probably later this week or over the weekend.
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:23 PM »

He said in the BBC interview that he returned late afternoon yesterday (Sunday) given that he had this event and the Cambridges are at Amner, I am assuming he will see her soon? Probably later this week or over the weekend.

Probably won't see her until William gets back from his "work".
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2015, 08:11:35 PM »

Wisdomheaven, do you have a link?

Totes. He is probably waiting for an invitation from William. It would be rude to just go over to their house just because he wanted to see Charlotte, without being invited first. It would also be awkward having to deal with Kate, Carole and Pippa there esp when William is not even at home.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: May 18, 2015, 08:19:11 PM »

Wisdomheaven, do you have a link?

Totes. He is probably waiting for an invitation from William. It would be rude to just go over to their house just because he wanted to see Charlotte, without being invited first. It would also be awkward having to deal with Kate, Carole and Pippa there esp when William is not even at home.

Here you go-------->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32777600 (FULL, BBC interview from the Garden)
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »

Star Thanks so much! You are always on the up and up with news and info. I love it!

I will take a listen later on and add my comments then.

bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: May 18, 2015, 08:23:48 PM »

I have a feeling Ma will try hard to thwart the visit by packing up Waity and the kids and jumping ship to BB.

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: May 18, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »

Ok so I finally got a chance to watch the interview he did with BBC news about the Hope in Vulnerability Garden.

He did really well at keeping his anxiety in check, and making sure to stick with the talking points. The way he ran circles around the reporter who kept trying to get new information about "leaving the army" decision gets a thumbs up from me. Despite being tired (uh duh), he was acutely aware of all the details the garden brought forth.

I personally thought that talking about the center and how it focuses on teaching children to live with being HIV+ was very nicely done. I am so glad that he talked about that because it did answer quite a few questions I had. In addition, it is one thing to talk about "bringing awareness" to an audience and another to actually do it via details. He did the second option. Nobody really thinks about educating a child, who has HIV, on how to live with it because it is not something that the "everyman" encounters. But for some of those children, it is all they know. So it can be very surreal. When you hear someone talk about how they are helping to spread awareness to a cause, it is easy to become depersonalized from the cause. I believe it is because you as an audience do not have a connection with someone whom that cause helps. In my opinion, this garden somehow helps break the fourth wall for the person watching the news about children in Lesotho and makes them think "oh that's their home. Inside is their living and personal space".

Seeing that hut, as a woman-it brought so many thoughts to the surface, i.e. "How do young females undergoing puberty get any personal space? Do they live with other females who are HIV+, do they live with other family members who are not? if they go to school, do they study there? Are they expected to do the cleaning and the cooking or are they isolated from other community members? Do they have access to sanitary products that women in the western hemisphere have? Do they have access to information regarding sexual education as a young person living with HIV+? Do they choose to have a family and if so, are they educated about how HIV+ gets transmitted from mother to baby? If they choose not to have a family, do they mourn that choice? How are they treated by others in the community if they choose not to have a baby?" etc....

It would be incredibly informative if Sentable chooses to let the public know how they tackle issues like the ones above. And you know, I praise him for mentioning details because knowledge does not hurt anybody.

There are so many charities out there that say they are helping those with HIV+ but if you don't have an emotional connection or you don't have any information that makes it easy to connect with those whom the cause helps, then it's a moot point.

I mean, thinking about it, if another woman my age in Africa is HIV+, has been living with it for quite some time, obv due to the nature of the disease gets sick very easily. But due to their low immune system, they would be more prone to getting sick while they are on their period, for example. I mean how do their system handle that? Do they get pain medication? Do they have the necessary resources to help them? If they are on antibiotics and they take another medication, does it lessen the effects of the antibiotics?

This is the type of information that is not easily accessible. I am more likely to give to a charity that I know helps someone in a reasonable day-to-day manner, than to a charity that says "oh we are helping someone with a disease". Okay but how are you helping them?

Sorry for the OT.

DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2015, 02:27:45 AM »

Isn't whiny still on paternity leave?  Whistle

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »

Isn't whiny still on paternity leave?  Whistle

Technically yes, but he went to Switzerland for his conservation stuff.
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »

I am cackling inside due to his answer of "I am very happy not having a girlfriend. I'm not, sort of, looking. It's cool"....  Thumb up Thumb up

My two cents: You do you, boo. Figure out what you want and what you reasonably expect for yourself in the next five to ten years, open yourself up to as many experiences as you possibly can and learn from them. Apart from that: his recent interviews make me think that he does believe being a royal and doing those duties can be a very fulfilling lifestyle, if you do it properly. It is so nice to hear him say, which is a point that I have stated in previous posts, that while there is pressure involved in the royal lifestyle, you really can be taught to be royal (whether you were born in it or not), and you can find a way to be yourself.

I believe that the only thing you have the right to demand from life is to spoil you with experiences. Good or bad, take them all. It's how they make you. Money comes and goes, people can come and go, relationships can fail or stand, material things destruct. In the end, the only thing that won't betray you is EFFORT.

I have to say though, I really really admire him for being so open-minded and willing to become a beginner again. He is going to follow a vet around and learn new things--things that could be extremely hard for him or extremely easy. You can learn new things at any time in your life if you are willing to be a beginner. The whole world can open itself up to you that way.

I also really like that fact that he is making an effort to change things around for himself. He was clearly not too happy with the direction things were going previously, and it's like he is shedding his skin, trying again and replanting himself in good soil. I love people who are always willing to learn and grow past their boundaries.

Just IMHO.  

Thankyou Hazel Eyes: your post is relevant to all of us, not just to Royal Harry   Star

Maybe he's happy to not get married because he doesn't want to become an irrelevant accessory to a fashion hog wife, like some people, you know.

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: May 20, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »

Harry should take his extended visit to Lesotho (country correct?) and do what he planned to do there.
If he wants to engage his followers and gain new supporters he should either tweet or blog of his experiences. These should be a synthesized blog (elf take a view before publication?) or situational tweets accompanied by a foto. Back home the citizens would know what he's doing and his supporters would know that he is working towards a goal that was mutually established. And Harry would be fulfilling his desire to accomplish a goal, make new plans/goals and looking forward to life.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2015, 05:45:01 AM »

Harry should take his extended visit to Lesotho (country correct?) and do what he planned to do there.
If he wants to engage his followers and gain new supporters he should either tweet or blog of his experiences. These should be a synthesized blog (elf take a view before publication?) or situational tweets accompanied by a foto. Back home the citizens would know what he's doing and his supporters would know that he is working towards a goal that was mutually established. And Harry would be fulfilling his desire to accomplish a goal, make new plans/goals and looking forward to life.

Thumb up Thumb up Star Great idea Pru!

All I can say at this point is that I hope the next few months for him will be a period of magnificent transformation.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »

Some quotes from his NZ tour

He’s such a genuine person. When he talks to you it’s like you’re the only person there. When he was talking to me there was about 15 or 20 media with cameras and stuff but when I was talking to him I forgot they were there.
from mouth painter Grant Sharman at the Auckland Spinal Rehabilitation Unit

When youth worker Infay Wong-See, said: “Over here, Prince William,” Harry joked, “Nope, I’m the other one.”

TYLA social worker Tristan Ealand asked questions written by the youngsters.
Asked: “If you and your brother had a wrestling match, who would win?” Harry laughed and replied, “Me, definitely.”
Which super-hero would he be?
Harry replied: “I can’t answer that, it’s an unfair question. I don’t know, maybe Bananaman?”
When asked what he thought an important value was, Harry said: “Truth.”

Supervisor Jacqueline Cherrington asked: “Who’s got some examples of making bad choices that lead to bad consequences?”
Harry put his hand up along with all the children.
She then asked him directly: “Have you got some examples?”
Harry laughed: “Yeah, loads but I’m not going to share them with you.”

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »

British Royals ‏@britishroyals  9h
Prince Harry to spend 3 months in Africa on conservation activities this summer..

From the DM today:
Prince Harry is to spend part of his three-month African trip helping endangered black rhino.

The 30-year-old, who is due to leave Britain at the end of the month, will spend the summer in Namibia’s north-west Kunene region learning how to save the rhino and desert elephants.

He chose it over hundreds of conservation projects after reading of the work done by the Nature Conservancy and the Save The Rhino Trust. He is also keen to learn more about the Himba tribe, who live in Kaokoland, a vast stretch of land in the north-west of the country.

...It is expected Harry will also travel to Botswana, where another conservation charity Tusk operates a number of projects and where the last remaining Bushmen live.

...Harry is due to return to the UK in September when he will resume his work with the MoD, helping to rehabilitate wounded Servicemen and women.
rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2015, 07:05:09 AM »

hardly a gap year  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: