Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's relationship with the other royals  (Read 148572 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »

Yes, great thread idea!
I think she has a frosty/minimal relationship w/the BRF.* I'd especially love to know what Anne thinks of her Supercontent

IIRC, Anne was asked shortly before SeenNots birth about how she percepts the hype and/or if she is also excited about the new heir to the heir to come.
Her answer was "I couldn't care less".
Guess this sums up pretty nice her feelings towards all members of her nephews' middle class family ...

...And if we look at the public life of things, Will and George will never be Anne's monarch.

Actually, I think there's a reasonable chance Willnot will be, for a while, anyway...
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 07:30:13 PM »

http://www.usmagazine.com...ing-to-do-with-me-2013237

Anne said, "Nothing to do with me, but very good news."

I think that's reasonable. I'd be annoyed if I worked constantly but the only time the press was interested was when a nephew had a baby. Plus I think Autumn and Peter and Zara and Mike live on her estate, so she has her fill of little ones.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »

even if Will does get to the throne, reasonably speaking will Anne ever really view him as her monarch? Probably not. There is no emotional connection. Everyone in that family knows that he doesn't want the throne. It will just leave a bitter taste in their mouths. When Anne thinks of monarch, she thinks of her mother. I think she will also have a hard time viewing Charles as monarch in her mind despite the fact that he has been prince of wales of a long time.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »

I think that's reasonable. I'd be annoyed if I worked constantly but the only time the press was interested was when a nephew had a baby. Plus I think Autumn and Peter and Zara and Mike live on her estate, so she has her fill of little ones.

That makes more sense to me.  I can't see Anne saying she couldn't care less about a new baby.  It's really cold, and while Anne doesn't seem to be the touchy-feely type, I definitely don't see her saying something so harsh and inappropriate. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 08:11:31 PM »

That makes more sense to me.  I can't see Anne saying she couldn't care less about a new baby.  It's really cold, and while Anne doesn't seem to be the touchy-feely type, I definitely don't see her saying something so harsh and inappropriate. 

ITA...maybe Anne has been on the receiving end of the 'middleton freeze'......

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 09:50:10 PM »

Yes, great thread idea!
I think she has a frosty/minimal relationship w/the BRF.* I'd especially love to know what Anne thinks of her Supercontent

IIRC, Anne was asked shortly before SeenNots birth about how she percepts the hype and/or if she is also excited about the new heir to the heir to come.
Her answer was "I couldn't care less".
Guess this sums up pretty nice her feelings towards all members of her nephews' middle class family ...

but why should Anne care? If we look at the personal life of things, Anne has her own grandchildren, and her own fulfilling family life. She is quite private. And if we look at the public life of things, Will and George will never be Anne's monarch. She does not have to take them seriously. It's like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon that the media keeps trying to pin on her. Just because they are connected does not mean they are in contact.

Just smile and nod lol!

This is from Will & Kate News IV. It seemed to belong here.

Here is the video of her talking to the other royals. Sophie was right beside Edward during this exchange, as the video shows, and Kate blatantly ignores her. Sophie goes to ask her something and then Kate turns away, while William starts talking to his uncles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8PyyOewlzU

Yes, I do recall how guys want to talk to the very pregnant woman in their midst when they have an opportunity.
No, you say? I think you are right.
 No

Actually, I think Edward said "That's true. When is your birth date?" at which point, Kate looks away and then William answers. So it's clear that nobody in the family even knows when she is due.

The second gif I think William is saying "We don't know. We want it to be a surprise". I get not knowing the gender of your kind. But you want your birth date to be a surprise as well?

No wonder Edward is looking at him like he is a dumb-dumb. Because he is.

If that's what Edward said and she goes on that side eyed look, it makes me think she (and Carole) have given William a tall tale about when this child was conceived.  Something tells me William may have reiterated in private that he didn't want another and she (obviously) didn't take the necessary precautions or got him to somehow ignore them.  Oh what a piece of work this woman and her mother are.
Herazeus

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »

Just smile and nod lol!

Oops, I commented on this gif in a different thread without realising that this thread existed.

I'll repeat my general thought on this gif.

I think Kate is the outsider of this group who interjects to say something to the group which has no relevance to the conversation the group was having because look at how they all turn to her, but as she speaks, their expressions are frozen in place. It's very clear that a reply isn't expected or they don't know what to make of her little statement because almost simultaneously they re-group and start having a conversation that once again doesn't include her, so she's still on the outside of the group.

Also, the grin on her face in the next gif is present throughout most of this engagement. Except for the actual service, she had this grin, as if she was trying to contain laughter, together with those pursed lips she does.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:31:01 PM by Herazeus » Logged
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »

^^ That would be exactly the same situation as the poppy bus ride. Everyone including her husband was having a blast but when she tried to be part of the conversation they simply ignored her and she talked to herself and finally turned away as if there was something more important going on outside the bus. It was kind of sad and Will is an awful husband to not support, include or help her. No matter if she says something stupid, he chose her, married her and his vow made him part responsible for her well-being too. Did I mention that I think he is an awful husband?  Snare
I also think that he is responsible for how she behaves around his family and other royals. She follows his lead and if he'd have a good realtionship with his father, brother, cousins, aunts and uncles she would make an effort to get along with them, too.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »

I agree she has often seemed to follow his lead. Sometimes she does something totally inappropriate and hides behind him.  *sunbathing nude*

It seems there was a lot going on at the steps of St Pauls. I saw a short clip of her interacting with Sophie. Sophie holds up her hand as if to say "stop" as Waity heads down the steps before Will.

Then later she waves to Waity as if she is saying good bye. I can't find it now, does anyone know the clip I am referring to?
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:46 AM »

If that's what Edward said and she goes on that side eyed look, it makes me think she (and Carole) have given William a tall tale about when this child was conceived. ...

It was a sports week and weekend in a luxury hotel. Remember the Glasgow games? Both were quite happy
at the events, grinning and carrying on. Could have been the warm days and then the cool nights in a comfy
deluxe bedstead. Night away from George, who was being taken care of by someone(s) else.
 Whistle

Ed could have asked if they knew boy or girl. Rather than answer, she looked away and he said something
along the order of 'we didn't ask' and moved on to other subjects.
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

I see nothing wrong with Anne's remake.  Edward was asked on the day Waity was admitted to hospital and he said something like "its none of my business.". Which is right it isn't and it was smart of him to say.  His wife is probably more interested because women generally are when a baby is born. Unless the baby was his I can't imagine Ed caring at all.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:57:32 AM by Molly2101 » Logged

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 03:56:31 PM »

Old but good!
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 05:23:48 PM »

Old but good!

Hey! That's the photo I posted in the other thread. You should have included my commentary too, haha! Isn't is awesome?! This photo speaks a thousand words about their relationships, IMO, especially Willnot's clenched jaw and tense hands.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 05:41:20 PM »

Old but good!

Hey! That's the photo I posted in the other thread. You should have included my commentary too, haha! Isn't is awesome?! This photo speaks a thousand words about their relationships, IMO, especially Willnot's clenched jaw and tense hands.

An oldish photo, but I love the body language:
- Willnot tense as hell - jaw clenched and doing that flared and tense hand thing he does.
- Waity looking like she is shouting at or reprimanding Charles and looking a bit crazed (or maybe trying to defend her latest shopping bill?).
- Charles is like, you better cool those jets young'uns, I'll be king soon and then you'll be dancing to my tune!
- And, Camilla is thinking...yeah, I'm just going to go stand over here...

Star (I took the photo out of the quote) I just figured out how to do that lol! I never saw this picture where did you find it? Wonder when Kate got the balls to argue with the man that pays for her stuff?   Thinking

gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »

Old but good!

An oldish photo, but I love the body language:
- Willnot tense as hell - jaw clenched and doing that flared and tense hand thing he does.
- Waity looking like she is shouting at or reprimanding Charles and looking a bit crazed (or maybe trying to defend her latest shopping bill?).
- Charles is like, you better cool those jets young'uns, I'll be king soon and then you'll be dancing to my tune!
- And, Camilla is thinking...yeah, I'm just going to go stand over here...

Star (I took the photo out of the quote) I just figured out how to do that lol! I never saw this picture where did you find it? Wonder when Kate got the balls to argue with the man that pays for her stuff?   Thinking

Star  back to you  Hug  I didn't mean you had to star me, sorry! I just meant great minds think alike  Beer

I also can't imagine Waity arguing with them about anything! I'm dying to know what is going on with all of them in this moment!! So awkward and tense  Thinking

I found the photo here: http://www.celebitchy.com...d_the_royal_baby_madness/

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: