Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's relationship with the other royals  (Read 148574 times)
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »

I don't blame anyone in the family...I wouldn't want to speak to either of those two dolts either! They've alienated everyone else so now the chickens are coming home to roost. What's funny to me is - why are they even there? Do they usually spend Easter with the royals? (Okay, not since 2013.) It seems like they're only there for attention.  

Even this curtsy pic shows they weren't with the family beforehand so (IMO) are just there for the 'look how dutiful they are' press they'll get from the photos...No one else curtsied meaning they were already with the queen that day.

2016 - Will at Jecca's wedding, Kate at home.
2015 - can't find any info, which means they were not out walking with the royal family
2014 - on tour in Australia (where they decided to sign the prayer book above all the other royals, including the queen. Lol, these two think so highly of themselves!)
2013 - with the royals

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:04:20 PM by gudgeon » Logged

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »

I don't blame anyone in the family...I wouldn't want to speak to either of those two dolts either! They've alienated everyone else so now the chickens are coming home to roost. What's funny to me is - why are they even there? Do they usually spend Easter with the royals? (Okay, not since 2013.) It seems like they're only there for attention.  

Even this curtsy pic shows they weren't with the family beforehand so (IMO) are just there for the 'look how dutiful they are' press they'll get from the photos...No one else curtsied meaning they were already with the queen that day.

2016 - Will at Jecca's wedding, Kate at home.
2015 - can't find any info, which means they were not out walking with the royal family
2014 - on tour in Australia (where they decided to sign the prayer book above all the other royals, including the queen. Lol, these two think so highly of themselves!)
2013 - with the royals

would be wonderful if their signatures disappeared over night  Secret

And a big lol at how quickly a gap forms between W&K and those in front and behind them in the video.
HRH Miss Scarlett
Banned
Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »

You know they stayed with the Midds in Berks and drove over this morning for church with the queen. You'd think she would see HM before so it wouldn't be so obvious.

Questionable whether they brought the children for Easter lunch. I hope so but it really could go either way.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

It could just be wishful thinking but I'm sure in the past there's been more 'mingling' between the royals. This year it looked very regimented, each royal paired up and little if any interaction between them. Why so different now? Must be because the two boring white elephants are on parade.

I actually wouldn't place to much importance on the curtseying, a few others did seem to curtsey as well from what I recall (could be wrong). But its interesting IMO that the media are so openly and willingly suggesting it was the first time they had seen the Queen, clearly suggesting not all is right.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2017, 08:54:00 PM »

On the video, everyone is greeted at the door (before HM's arrival) by a wave or a handshake except for the Cambs.

ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »

I really don't like Kate enough to argue in her favour but on the video in this link Sophie seems to curtsey as the Queen approaches. That or she suddenly steps in a ditch at the same time the Queen arrives.

http://itnsourcenews.com/...St.%20George%27s%20Chapel
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2017, 05:53:57 AM »

If Waity had had any brains at all, she would have tried to become friends with the York sisters instead of treating them like dirt.
RoyalMusings

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:20 AM »

If Waity had had any brains at all, she would have tried to become friends with the York sisters instead of treating them like dirt.

She couldn't do that. Her ego is too big. She was dating/is married to the future king. That automatically elevates her in her mind. Nevermind her status can easily be downgraded if William ever divorces her. Kate has tunnel vision. She doesn't see a need to befriend the born royals. She has Big Blue, the kids and William. She thinks she's set and right now, she is.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: April 17, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »

Thats the strangest thing to me, how little Kate has to do with the other royals. The only one she seems to get along with is Harry and I suspect thats only because he's Harry's brother. A part of me things its because of William and how he is with his family. That being said though he did seem close to other members of the RF in the past, we don't even see them out or getting on really well with Zara and Mike for example.
In some sense Kate should have tried to learn from Sophie who, whether genuine or not, is close to the Queen and that has undoubtedly helped her with the RF.
On the video of the RF leaving the Easter service there's a moment where Kate and Beatrice interact but it just seems quite awkward and brief. A part of me wonders if the reason they don't get along is because of the way Beatrice especially was treated by Kate before the wedding, the whole fancy dress party etc, but I wonder if that was Kate's so called friends trying to throw their weight around as friends of a future Queen.
I guess in Kate's eyes she is a one-day Queen and sees no reason to be friends with the other Royals as she has her family very close to her and seems to have very few friends, especially female friends, of her own.
Personally I find it quite odd how W&K have isolated themselves and I think it doesn't bode well for the role of other members of the RF in the future.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:59 AM »

There's ad adage: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If the Cambs don't socialize with younger members of the family, they won't have any supporters at all in the family when they achieve their 'ultimate goal.'  Kannot could learn so much from Sophie about handling family life and royal duties. Not so much from Anne and Andy. I've seen similar disconnections in companies that were handed down to the founder's children. Some of the children didn't want to make nice-nice with the other's families. In the end, they lost out on camaraderie, jobs and eventually income (passive included) because of their stand-offish attitude.
 Thinking
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »

There's ad adage: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If the Cambs don't socialize with younger members of the family, they won't have any supporters at all in the family when they achieve their 'ultimate goal.'  Kannot could learn so much from Sophie about handling family life and royal duties. Not so much from Anne and Andy. I've seen similar disconnections in companies that were handed down to the founder's children. Some of the children didn't want to make nice-nice with the other's families. In the end, they lost out on camaraderie, jobs and eventually income (passive included) because of their stand-offish attitude.
 Thinking

Interesting and imo opinion a very appropriate comparison.  Kate doesn't fit and she knows it, but her attitude and haughtiness will come back to haunt her I suspect, and queen or not she will be very alone. I don't see Bill as supportive of her and since he apparently isn't especially concerned about 'family ties', and is indeed the equivalent of the boss's nephew in my opinion, they may both find it's very lonely at the top. Status doesn't always impress people, especially when it's unearned. Kate is far to dependent on her 'status' and looks,  her looks won't last forever and almost everyone is aware that her 'status' is a result of running William to ground and tossing her self respect to the wind. JMO  I have an opinion as to why Kate is so 'close' to Harry but that's way OT.
Anyway a  Star for you.

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: