Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Charity--Sentebale  (Read 9137 times)
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2015, 05:19:16 AM »

Let's discuss developments for Sentebale here.

If you don't know, now you know. -Notorious B.I.G.
Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »

Sentebale is very active on Facebook and Instagram, I really enjoy seeing the updates on my feed! Especially ones with cute kids.  Smiley I think the interesting thing about Sentebale is it's not just the centers where the camps are held or where the herd boys are educated, it connects a lot of child care charities, orphanages, and clinics in Lesotho. And sometimes you get a bonus Seeiso pop up in some photos.

With its good connections to Lesotho's people, I wonder whether it will expand first into other southern African countries, or expand within Lesotho towards broader children's welfare/sexual health scopes.  Thinking

Sorry, I'm studying global development and really like to stalk what's going on with royals' charities! 
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

#SRFSugar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:08:30 AM »

Sentebale is very active on Facebook and Instagram, I really enjoy seeing the updates on my feed! Especially ones with cute kids.  Smiley I think the interesting thing about Sentebale is it's not just the centers where the camps are held or where the herd boys are educated, it connects a lot of child care charities, orphanages, and clinics in Lesotho. And sometimes you get a bonus Seeiso pop up in some photos.

With its good connections to Lesotho's people, I wonder whether it will expand first into other southern African countries, or expand within Lesotho towards broader children's welfare/sexual health scopes.  Thinking

Sorry, I'm studying global development and really like to stalk what's going on with royals' charities! 

I work in global development right now and its been really great to see how positive royal patronage can be for causes if done with real commitment and passion.  Hug

As for expansion, yes, Sentebale will be expanding. Part of the reason Harry will be spending time in Africa is to work on the expansion plans. I believe they are hoping to move full time into South Africa and few other African countries in the next five years. They wanted to get their operations smoothed out in Lesotho first before growing, which is very smart given that many charities run into trouble when they expand before they are really functional.

According to mycrarrythings.tumblr, Sentebale has also opened up 8 new club camp centers for youth as part of their Network and Camp Programme last month  Champagne
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »

@Sentebale @Sentebale  ·  21h 21 hours ago
Thuso Center is one of our community partners who we work with as part of our Care For Vulnerable Children programme http://bit.ly/1iTfBN2

@Sentebale @Sentebale  ·  22h 22 hours ago
We recently funded a new dormitory & sick bay at Thuso Children's Centre - the finishing touches are just being made!

hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 06:59:50 PM »

ps. he was out for OilAid today and he took part in a soccer match. Sentebale also profits from this, I believe.

‏@Sentebale
We are hugely grateful to be a beneficiary of #OilAid2015. Thank you so much to Mike Holland and all of his team!

Sentebale also updated their website and has included tons of pictures from events that benefit them.
@Sentebale @Sentebale  ·  3h 3 hours ago
For more amazing photos from our events and trips to Lesotho visit the gallery section of our website! http://bit.ly/1jV1NSJ

I think it's wonderful that they are now giving out details of their work to the public. Much more effective than before with "Donate now to save a life" or "Text ..... and donate now" plus with a picture of so and so endorsing.
The team obv works very hard to get results and it's nice to actually see the results implemented.

Cathy F has also done a really great job as CEO since she was appointed. 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:07:33 PM by hazeleyes » Logged

hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »

UGGGHHH SERIOUSLY SENTEBALE!

How am I suppose to donate if you do not have direct deposit set up on your website? I am not calling a long distance number to set up Direct Debit. Get this $hit fixed like yesterday.

I don't live in the UK, I can't just text to donate. I was so excited and I wanted to donate because of those students that got into university and now I am just angry at the lack of technology. Set up paypal or amazon or something.

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:59:07 PM »

HE, if you're in the US, try Charities Aid Foundation America (cafamerica.org).  I think you can do it electronically through them.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:51:41 AM »

HE, if you're in the US, try Charities Aid Foundation America (cafamerica.org).  I think you can do it electronically through them.

Thanks very much for the link Diogenes!  Star

I've taken a look see and unfortunately, I do not see Sentebale listed. Unless they fix it soon (like by saturday), I am just going to donate to Planned Parenthood and with my next paycheck, I will go back to Sentebale.

Cyllene

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 02:41:17 AM »

I bet they could get a lot of donations and awareness by opening up to the United States a little more. A LOT of royal watchers here, and I have to admit I didn't even know where Lesotho was before I started paying attention to Prince Harry.    I get that they do polo here occasionally but it's not a huge sport over here. I know we all made fun of that St. Andrews dinner but I don't think he would have a hard time getting people to pay for tables at a fundraiser if he hosts it!
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 02:53:19 AM »

^^^TOTES

Or even open up a kickstarter for each campaign that Sentable plans on endorsing. It's so frustrating when you want to help out and it turns out you can't.

It's like SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 03:16:44 AM »

^^^TOTES

Or even open up a kickstarter for each campaign that Sentable plans on endorsing. It's so frustrating when you want to help out and it turns out you can't.

Just did some hunting around and you can do it with PayPal Donate.  I found that route by starting at the Sente site, cycling through their FAQ in their Donate area and then went over to PayPal and found their donate area.  Easy Peasy.  Check it out.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 03:17:33 AM »

^^^TOTES

Just did some hunting around and you can do it with PayPal Donate.  I found that route by starting at the Sente site, cycling through their FAQ in their Donate area and then went over to PayPal and found their donate area.  Easy Peasy.  Check it out.

Go Diogenes! You get a star ever day for a week starting tomorrow.

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 03:43:36 AM »

Glad to help.  I hate to leave philanthropic money on the table when most organizations are so desperate for every bit to do their important work.  And they are, for the most part, much better that governments at using it efficiently.

Ok off my soapbox now.
hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:39 AM »

Glad to help.  I hate to leave philanthropic money on the table when most organizations are so desperate for every bit to do their important work.  And they are, for the most part, much better that governments at using it efficiently.

Ok off my soapbox now.

No soapbox. You really helped me out and your intentions are very worthy. I ended up using JustGiving to donate to Sentebale because it was SO much easier than to create a paypal account. And then to even things out, I also donated to Planned Parenthood. So yay for checking off another thing on my to do list.  Wink

hazeleyes

Big Member

China China

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 08:09:34 AM »

Founded @foundedworks  ·  23h 23 hours ago
Levelling out the football pitch @Sentebale Mamohato Children's Centre #sentebale #football #Lesotho

Question: Is anyone else having trouble with their website. I keep getting "Error establishing Database Connection" for like the past day and a half when I tried to go on there and sign up for their newsletter.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: