Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 323   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - news and photos IV  (Read 791722 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4755 on: March 16, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »

For the so called steamy, passionate lovestory of a decade this is all very boring.
I guess no matter how this story will end Meghan will be the winner.
If she marries Harry she will be where she wanted to be all her life.
If not she will continue her life but will earn much more money with interviews, commercials, will be invited to much more high class events and get more freebies... so for her it is a win win situation.
I guess she does not care to much about the few bad things that come with this story, she is a tough cookie. IMO Harry has no clue how tough and clever she is. He is just an overrated, naive party kid who is good with people. Good luck . Halo

At least Harry showed up to Commonwealth Day and didn't do the "cheats weekend" - maybe he was told your turn to turn up as Willnot will be off elsewhere - he dodged a big hit for sure

This isn't a kindergarten. There's no need for this kind of reply, simply because you don't agree with the opinion of the other poster..

Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4756 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »

For the so called steamy, passionate lovestory of a decade this is all very boring.
If not she will continue her life but will earn much more money with interviews, commercials, will be invited to much more high class events and get more freebies... so for her it is a win win situation.
I guess she does not care to much about the few bad things that come with this story, she is a tough cookie. IMO Harry has no clue how tough and clever she is. He is just an overrated, naive party kid who is good with people. Good luck . Halo

At least Harry showed up to Commonwealth Day and didn't do the "cheats weekend" - maybe he was told your turn to turn up as Willnot will be off elsewhere - he dodged a big hit for sure

This isn't a kindergarten. There's no need for this kind of reply, simply because you don't agree with the opinion of the other poster..

Is this a comment on me ? I have not disagreed with the post about Harry - but suggested that he did turn up - and his brother did not - calling Wills out for poor behaviour is all I did
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4757 on: March 16, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »

Is this a comment on me ? I have not disagreed with the post about Harry - but suggested that he did turn up - and his brother did not - calling Wills out for poor behaviour is all I did

Yes, that comment is directed at you. There's no reason to go O/T and bring up William just because you (obviously) diagree with another posters. This isn't a kindergarten  Blink
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4758 on: March 16, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »

Yes, that comment is directed at you. There's no reason to go O/T and bring up William just because you (obviously) diagree with another posters. This isn't a kindergarten  Blink

OK so william is O/T on this occasion - but I fail to see where I have disagreed with anything that any other poster has posted - I was negative about William but not Harry
 Being argumentative with the mods isn't okay here.
LauraMarie

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4759 on: March 16, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

I think part of the reason this is boring is because of the circumstances.  For one, there was all this build up from Lainey.  If these are the pictures she was talking about, she WAY overhyped them.  Then, there's the timing. This happened right in the middle of William's issues.  It was after the photos and initial stories but before the videos (in fact the first video came out shortly after the photos did).  Given all of that, it does seem a little boring.  In other circumstances, I could see these photos being a bigger deal than they seem to have been.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4760 on: March 16, 2017, 09:29:13 PM »

Today Harry attended a veterans' mental health conference and reception at King's College. I wish Harry had given a speech or opened it himself, it would have been good with his experiences. I'm glad to see him there though, it means a lot to people since he can when he wants to be a loud voice for all these problems.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4761 on: March 16, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »

Today Harry attended a veterans' mental health conference and reception at King's College. I wish Harry had given a speech or opened it himself, it would have been good with his experiences. I'm glad to see him there though, it means a lot to people since he can when he wants to be a loud voice for all these problems.

Yay, Harry! Keep up the good work!!   Jumping   Here are some photos from the event. I love his jacket and pant combo...but not the brown/beige shoes with the gray/silver jacket   Thinking

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #4762 on: March 16, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »

He looks engaged and confident but need a haircut with urgency and I agree those shoes are a mismatch.

He looks a lot  like William here

Santacruz

Warned
Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4763 on: March 17, 2017, 05:21:20 AM »

To be honest, the more I read about Royals and celebrities doing charity "work"the more it gets on my nerves.
First of all : I really have problems with declaring this as work. Harry has staff who does all the preparation and speech writing. Yes,I guess he can choose which charity he likes to support , but IMO this kind of support is mostly showing up, reading something that someone else writes for him, smiling , being friendly and then leave.
One could say: but look at all this PR this brings for the organisation!
I really doubt that anyone will join the organisation or make donations just because Harry was there.
Mostly it is self promotion and PR work for the Royals, it gives them their legitimation to exist and be supportetd by the taxpayers.
Nowadays I guess some analyst should do a cost-benefit-ratio.  Halo
By the way, yes-he wears a nice jacket and looks like he had enough sleep.  Roll Eyes
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4764 on: March 17, 2017, 05:23:14 AM »

A lot of them write their own speeches, Harry included.

He did speak at this event, it turns out, and there's video but I forget what silly site it was on; I think The Express.
Santacruz

Warned
Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4765 on: March 17, 2017, 05:30:30 AM »

A lot of them write their own speeches, Harry included.

He did speak at this event, it turns out, and there's video but I forget what silly site it was on; I think The Express.

Well, is this something extraordinary? A 32year old well educated man speaks at an event...I really doubt he writes speeches. He may write a few sentences in advance, depends on the event- I guess.
Sally_S4054

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4766 on: March 17, 2017, 09:02:23 AM »

To be honest, the more I read about Royals and celebrities doing charity "work"the more it gets on my nerves.
First of all : I really have problems with declaring this as work. Harry has staff who does all the preparation and speech writing. Yes,I guess he can choose which charity he likes to support , but IMO this kind of support is mostly showing up, reading something that someone else writes for him, smiling , being friendly and then leave.
I really doubt that anyone will join the organisation or make donations just because Harry was there.
Mostly it is self promotion and PR work for the Royals, it gives them their legitimation to exist and be supportetd by the taxpayers.
By the way, yes-he wears a nice jacket and looks like he had enough sleep.  Roll Eyes

Totally agree Santacruz. It's a bit of a slap in the face to people who dedicate their work lives to this: policy makers, NGO staff and people who bust their behinds to obtain a position with international organisations (I've worked for one and the process is rigorous and academically incredibly demanding). The world is far too fragmented and aware for this to have any lasting impact: I mean I look at these pictures and I actually don't even know what he's doing or where he is. To stay on topic, his jacket is nice but those shoes do not match. A nice matte leather chelsea boot in chocolate would have been far more polished.
Felicia

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4767 on: March 17, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

I disagree.These organisations would not bother with the Royals/Celebs unless they do bring in the publicity /money -and in this case I suspect it does.

His "job" is to show up look interested and bring the publicity.Of course he has people behind him-but that is equally true of celebs -or indeed politicians

And I too have some experience in this field -and those working in the field get paid for their time and are working for a cause they beieve in. Don't really see why a royal /celeb turning up would be a slap in the face for them-more like recognition.

Finally I would add I have seen Harry quite by chance visiting veterans in a hospital-a visit which was not publicised at all but seemed to be going very well
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4768 on: March 17, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

To me this is more of a fundamental question about the point of royals, one that I certainly understand and agree with at times.

But if there are going to be people we deem royal, then I want them to mean something, to generate PR and interest not merely in themselves but in the causes they support.  Harry typically does a very good job of this at events he attends.  He's engaged and personable and when he does these kinds of events, headlines are usually good.  Look at his performance at Commonwealth Day.  I saw so many great pictures and stories of people who interacted with Harry.

That's not to say Harry doesn't have his faults.  He could stand to do more engagements or work more days.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm of two minds on this.  On the one hand, I totally understand the larger question of "what's the point of royals" and think that's something monarchies around the world will continue to face for years to come.  But on the other hand, if there are royals/monarchies, then I want them to matter.  Harry is one of the people in the BRF who does that fairly well.  Obviously, there are others who do it better than him, but he is one of the more charming members.

One last point...about PR and the royals.  I remember reading on Tumblr the other day that Heads Together got so many donations but has disbursed little to none of it to the actual charities.  People were asking why major donors would give $$$ to a charity if they didn't know where the funds were going. OP pointed out that a lot of people give to HT because they think it will get them closer or give them access to the royals.  All of this to say that having a royal attached to a cause does have real monetary value to the organization.
Sally_S4054

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4769 on: March 18, 2017, 03:29:30 AM »

I disagree.These organisations would not bother with the Royals/Celebs unless they do bring in the publicity /money -and in this case I suspect it does.

His "job" is to show up look interested and bring the publicity.Of course he has people behind him-but that is equally true of celebs -or indeed politicians

And I too have some experience in this field -and those working in the field get paid for their time and are working for a cause they beieve in. Don't really see why a royal /celeb turning up would be a slap in the face for them-more like recognition.

Finally I would add I have seen Harry quite by chance visiting veterans in a hospital-a visit which was not publicised at all but seemed to be going very well

Mmm I remember reading a study suggesting that ROI on this type of PR is rather miniscule and a lot of money is spent on these types of events. I worked on a global conference where Queen Rania spoke and frankly, for a 15 mins speech, the amount of time and resources invested...I think it would have been more interesting to hear an expert speak. I mean a slap in the face of "oh look how much {insert celebrity name here} cares about this topic" when they know very little/do little. I personally don't see the benefit and it's a technique, that in my opinion, is going out of style as it's far easier to connect with people directly now with social media channels.

In general, I wonder how he plans to evolve into his role?
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 323   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: