Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felipe & Letizia State Visit to UK (June 6-8)  (Read 13086 times)
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »

Oh my!  Icecream Lolipop

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 06:02:58 PM »

I'm looking forward to see that visit and I hope Leti will put her A game, go to the jewel chest and don be shy  Cool look not only beautiful and smart but majestic

I founded some  pics of the previous visit in 1986, they were received by the Prince and princess of Wales

And in1988 when Queen Elizabeth and the duke of Edinburgh visited Spain, Prince Felipe and Infanta Elena were who received her at the airport

Here JC greeted her at the palace

State dinner

Another
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:15:32 PM by Coya » Logged
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2017, 07:24:38 PM »

Anyone knows if the men are in uniform for the welcome ceremony nowadays? JC&Sofia's visit was a few years ago  Wink

For the state dinner Letizia will wear the sash of her Spanish order (white and blue)

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

A bit of political background on the visit (just for info, political debates are OT): https://www.theguardian.c...in-1bn-leaked-report-says

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2017, 10:30:33 PM »

Quote from: Clara link=topic=15135.msg1061491#msg1061491 date=1489346678
For the state dinner Letizia will wear the sash of her Spanish order (white and blue)

[img
Wow, so that means she doesn't have any orders from the UK. I'm surprised, but I'm pretty sure that will change as soon as Charles is "in charge" Wink
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »

Perhaps, I actually think Charles will change that. Elizabeth hasn't once given an order to a European female consort in her reign. Family ties or royal background haven't mattered to her. Neither Sofia, Sonja, Fabiola, Josephine... ever received a British order. However Henrik and Claus both had British decorations  Snare Snare
Decorations are exchanged during State Visits, so if Letizia were to receive one she would receive it in June, but nothing indicates she's going to change her modus operandi this late in the game. I hope Charles ends with this practice and female and male consorts are treated equally.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2017, 11:54:28 PM »

Clara, you just gave me another reason not to be QEII's fan. Not that I need anymore after Andrew & Fergie.
Larzen

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2017, 05:44:21 AM »

Anyone knows if the men are in uniform for the welcome ceremony nowadays? JC&Sofia's visit was a few years ag
During the norwegian anniversary visit in 2005 which was a state visit in everything bu the name for the arrival and gala dinner the men wore uniforms, for the lord Mayor dinner the men were in civillian white tie, and women in tiaras.
http://www.gettyimages.no...don&sort=best#license
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:20 AM »

QE likes wearing white at state banquet. So Leti, no white. GO RED.

Two tiara events...   I'm with you, Clara. I think the Fleur-de-lis and the Cartier Loop tiara will do nicely. Cartier Diamond and pearl tiara is a bit overkill for the mayor dinner...unless Sofia loans her the ruby set.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:30:35 AM by Laprincess » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2017, 08:14:07 AM »

But, but if Letizia wears red, what should Kate wear? I mean, it is so confusing. Confused

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »

Anyone knows if the men are in uniform for the welcome ceremony nowadays? JC&Sofia's visit was a few years ag
During the norwegian anniversary visit in 2005 which was a state visit in everything bu the name for the arrival and gala dinner the men wore uniforms, for the lord Mayor dinner the men were in civillian white tie, and women in tiaras.
http://www.gettyimages.no...don&sort=best#license

Thanks Larzen. I just saw pictures of the 2015 State Visit from China and the men were in suits for the arrival ceremony (they may choose to step up the dresscode when it's royals) but the dinner was still white tie.

LP, I think she'll wear a smaller piece to the lord mayor's dinner, probably the floral tiara  (But by then she'll have used tiaras three times and hopefully none will have been the floral)

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »

Clara, you just gave me another reason not to be QEII's fan. Not that I need anymore after Andrew & Fergie.

Me too. This really just adds to the highly negative impression I already have of her, though.  So I'll just focus on the lovely and likable King and Queen instead.

Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »

But, but if Letizia wears red, what should Kate wear? I mean, it is so confusing. Confused

Her favorite color: beige  Halo
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »

HHm, but with QEII wearing white and Camilla wearing something light coloured too, she wouldn't stand out. And with any other colour than red she can't simply blend into the carpet... Difficult (and I am going to be quiet on the K-front, sorry for ot-ing)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »

Here are some vintage ball gowns Varela can get some ideas from:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: