Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 424   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of William and Kate V  (Read 1004542 times)
LucyLiu

Small Member

Slovakia Slovakia

Ignore
« Reply #5985 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »

Funny that when she shows interest in art it's nude/semi-nude people. If that's not predictable.  Whistle

Art enthusiast Kate, 35, who graduated with a 2:1 in 2005, asked lots of questions, particularly about Edouard Manet's Olympia, a nude painted in 1863. Seemingly unfazed by the topless scene, William pointed to a black cat in the picture and was told it was a tongue in cheek addition.

Another painting that caught their eye was Gustave Caillebotte's Raboteurs de Parquet (1875) featuring half- naked men sanding a floor by hand.
http://www.dailymail.co.u...econd-day-Paris-tour.html

I also wonder what the purpose of this visit was. I'm sure there were a few other people travelling with them who actually are important for future negotiations but I highly doubt they need W&K to open doors for them. Overall it looked like a usual tourist city trip with expensive wardrobe and mostly fun events. Another useless Cambridge tour. JMO

She asked a lot of questions about the Manet. OMG she was an Art History major! She should have known all about this painting for God sake. For those that are not into Manet, Olympia was a well known courtesan. Museums were now open to the nouveau riche and many visited them on Sunday outings. So cutting to the chase, many of the men most likely new Olympia personally shall we say -- so with the wives standing next to them -- well you get the picture. It caused an outrage at the time to say the least. Double standard. Nudes are ok  but a naked woman with a known clientele ....  Anyway how perfect fore the Cambridges. JMO

Maybe she's done it on purpose, as the history of the painting is very In this time for them  Whistle
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5986 on: March 19, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »

So I have double checked and Prince George's toy rabbit is called bun bun (not bum bum). Sounds like the lady Kate spoke to misheard!

https://twitter.com/RE_Da...status/843126719041196032

What in holy hell is she doing here?  DRAMA QUEEN.  Grow up, Kate.

For once I can totally understand the faces as a lot of people (including me and my friends) made these kind of faces during the game  Secret you can see the woman behind her is also very tense , it was a very intense game for both sides and we were really into it , supporting France of course  Grin
ITA. I'd hate to have a camera on me when I'm watching sport, I can only imagine my facial expressions. And the France v Wales game was very tense yesterday, right up to the very last moment.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5987 on: March 19, 2017, 03:25:46 PM »

How did they help relations with Brexit?  I didn't see any good-will UK-France trade missions; which I assume is the most on the line for Brexit.  Not UK tourism to the Eiffel Tour and Museam d'Orsey.

This was a legit vacation.
Sorry, no vacation - apart from the Rugby game, it was all work. Seriously you don't really believe Kate or Wills would choose to visit a Museum a la D'orsay on a vacation? Or meet with victims of last years terror attack on their own time? Hard work!!! Yes

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #5988 on: March 19, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »

It was a boring and useless trip as usual. Kate as usual being too literal regarding her sartorial choices - of course she picked a Chanel bag and of course she picked a Chanel dress/coat....she picked the worst items of course - I can't believe how much the dress and belt costed because they're so ugly and could be worn by a much older lady.
Other than that I think it's a shame W&K are not able to speak French - then how many languages do they know? Don't they want to learn? Just because English is an universal language, they should be able to understand/speak in other languages  Snore  but then almost all of us commoners know more than our maternal language, so it's kind of a standard these days. Wills is going to be the Head of State - does he know some of the countries that belong to the Commonwealth use french as official language? Blink
Intersting the fact that other than UK's ambassador in Paris, no one hosted a dinner for them. It speaks volumes about their importance and lack of substance.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Georgie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5989 on: March 19, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

@Nuno:  Thumb up

Also (it looks like she's looking elsewhere and not at him),

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5990 on: March 19, 2017, 07:44:02 PM »

It was a boring and useless trip as usual. Kate as usual being too literal regarding her sartorial choices - of course she picked a Chanel bag and of course she picked a Chanel dress/coat....she picked the worst items of course - I can't believe how much the dress and belt costed because they're so ugly and could be worn by a much older lady.
Other than that I think it's a shame W&K are not able to speak French - then how many languages do they know? Don't they want to learn? Just because English is an universal language, they should be able to understand/speak in other languages  Snore  but then almost all of us commoners know more than our maternal language, so it's kind of a standard these days. Wills is going to be the Head of State - does he know some of the countries that belong to the Commonwealth use french as official language? Blink
Intersting the fact that other than UK's ambassador in Paris, no one hosted a dinner for them. It speaks volumes about their importance and lack of substance.

Both the afternoon reception and the dinner were held by the British ambassador. They couldn't find one French to host a reception for them? Some French people or British expats commented on DM that French TV only showed a 20-second clip in its news segment. And British press says they "wowed" the French.  Angel

They seriously should look at Spain's state visit to France in 2015 to see what "wowing the French" looks. Felipe was trending on French twitter when he gave his speech in French parliament. His speech was entirely in French and was carried live on French TV. But even that, I doubt majority of French people were that interested in a royal visit. They got rid of theirs a long time ago.    
Fingersmith

Mini Member

Constitutional expert

Ignore
« Reply #5991 on: March 19, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »

Coco chanel once said that you should take off one thing before you leave the house to look good. In this case, the double C house of chanel logo should have been left at home. Overkill and seriously gauche.

Exactly. It's Karl Lagerfeld I feel sorry for.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #5992 on: March 19, 2017, 10:19:09 PM »

With Brexit looming this is such a critical time for UK/French relations. Can't believe they sent this vapid couple to improve the relationship. Should have sent Charles- who speaks French - or Harry for genuine charm.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5993 on: March 19, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »

William wanted to watch the rugby and Kate wanted to wear Chanel, so they sent W&K who demanded to go to Paris when the FCO looked about asking royals for a visit. Voila!

They probably asked for Charles or Harry, honestly... but got W&K...
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5994 on: March 20, 2017, 05:01:59 AM »

Wait, is that it?  The trip is over?  Three social events (two at the embassy) in one day and a rugby match the next?  THAT'S THE WHOLE THING?  FFS.  How stupid.  Who planned this?

This was a legit vacation.

Sorry, no vacation - apart from the Rugby game, it was all work. Seriously you don't really believe Kate or Wills would choose to visit a Museum a la D'orsay on a vacation? Or meet with victims of last years terror attack on their own time?

It was a boring and useless trip... It speaks volumes about their importance and lack of substance.

And now we have the recap of the two-day trip to Paris to calm the waters, divert attention from the weekend ski adventure and use up Kannot's monthly wardrobe expense allotment so it isn't reduced in next year's budget. Oh, and they were able to pose for some iconic pictures in front of a very large clock (with many subtle meanings), the big Paris phallic symbol, and make nice-nice cuddles in the stands at the football game. And there was that dress-up dinner stuff and looking at disrobed figures in the museum earlier but, so what - been there, done that lots of times already.

It seems like a weekend away from London was a substitute for the annual historical flight to an equatorial island. Zika virus and all that worry. W & K ought to consider taking holidays in Iceland or Greenland in winter with all the hot springs and spas with daylight lamps to render a tan. A bit closer and no insect worries.
 Whistle
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #5995 on: March 20, 2017, 05:15:26 AM »

Charm offensive,
with 100% more offense
and 100% less charm.

Good gracious. The money spent for two days of visits could pay for Art endowments and NHS for a good few people.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5996 on: March 20, 2017, 05:35:29 AM »

It's a pity. Really. All that money could have gone to one of 'their' mental health charities (if it could be transferred from their expense account to a public expense account.)

I can't say that my country's govt is any better. But I would think that K&W could figure out that some of their public jolly trip expenses could have been better allocated to their charities. But it seems that they cannot imagine leaving budgeted money unspent if they could use it towards they own enjoyment. That is what troubles many in their own island. They just don't know how to keep their country's citizens employed and happy to be English, Welsh, Scottish and a contributing member of the UK. They seem to want to be Norfolk rich gentlemen farmers.
HarryFan071

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5997 on: March 20, 2017, 08:01:25 AM »

Isn't that kind of the ironic part of Royals who visit/open charities? The charity is hoping for donations so they use a royal to get recognition, the same royal who has more money than they could ever spend in a lifetime, but won't donate any substantial amount of it.  Crazy
Felicia

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5998 on: March 20, 2017, 11:44:58 AM »

Fact is though, that William and Kate do get more column inches than any other royals -hence why the government sent them.No real reflection on their qualities or lack of them of course
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5999 on: March 20, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »

Yeah, but the only government-related thing was the launch of "Les Voisins", a campaign which is aimed at strengthening the French-UK relations despite Brexit. Have not seen much coverage for this, only coverage on what she wore and how their relationship may be affected by his bachelor weekend, and how much money she spent for French couture and jewellery (not that that would have helped raising the French GNP significantly or have earned the UK any significant import tariffs yet).

After reading the brilliant book "1000 years of annoying the french" by Stephen Clarke, I do wonder anyhow whether the French-UK relations will ever be back to normal or have ever been normal after 1066 ...
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 424   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: