Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's 2016 Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 72965 times)
Vava

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »

Under that Chanel coat, she has the matching dress, so that needs to be added to the tally.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2017, 01:41:46 AM »

Are there any better pics of her Cartier Trinity jewellery? Is this the first time she's worn the line?
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2017, 02:19:32 AM »

Kate's 2017 Donation Deficiency Tally cont.

Mar 17 - Irish Guards' St Patrick's Day Parade/Paris Day 1: Meet President Francois Hollande/Paris Day 1: Reception/Paris Day 1: Black Tie Dinner

Catherine Walker Coat: Bespoke (similar coat estimated at 7000GBP: $8660)
Gianvito Rossi Heels:$670
Lock & Co Hat: Possibly New or Altered  *updated
Clutch: Unknown
(Jewelry previously worn)

Alexander McQueen Dress: Bespoke (average bespoke McQueen 2000GBP: $2480)
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi "54" Suede Mary Jane Pumps - $775
Belt: Unknown or it came with the dress
Necklace/Ring: Unknown
(Earrings previously worn)

Jenny Packham Gown: Bespoke (estimated at 3135GBP: $3887)
(Heels, Clutch and other Jewelry previously worn)

Mar 18 - Paris Day 2: Visit to  Musee D?Orsay/Paris Day 2: Visit to Les Invalides /Paris Day 2: Six Nations Rugby Match

Chanel Dress: $10353
Chanel Bag: $6225 (original price in 2015)
Chanel Belt: $850
Cartier Trinity Diamond Earrings: $2040
Cartier Trinity Necklace: $1890

(Coatdress, booties, turtleneck, gloves and jewelry previously worn)

Total new so far: $44,325
Total Bespoke: 4 (minimum value $22,792)

Work: 13 days/20 events
Private: 1 day/1 event

2-Day Paris trip alone cost new and known: $22,803 with estimated bespoke: $37,830

Just a quick note....for the Irish Guards/Arrival in France Kate shoes are Gianvito Rossi Ankle Strap Suede D'orsay Pumps, retail $800.00. 
I saw some sites are reporting they are the "54" which looks nearly identical except the heel doesn't match.  I posted a close up of Kate's foot/shoe and the ad for the D'orsay  which matches.  The "54" heel is almost square.

Sad   I couldn't correct my original post since it was too late.  Sorry.

Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2017, 04:47:41 AM »

Kate's 2017 Donation Deficiency Tally cont.

Mar 17 - Irish Guards' St Patrick's Day Parade/Paris Day 1: Meet President Francois Hollande/Paris Day 1: Reception/Paris Day 1: Black Tie Dinner

Catherine Walker Coat: Bespoke (similar coat estimated at 7000GBP: $8660)
Gianvito Rossi Heels:$670
Lock & Co Hat: Possibly New or Altered  *updated
Clutch: Unknown
(Jewelry previously worn)

Alexander McQueen Dress: Bespoke (average bespoke McQueen 2000GBP: $2480)
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi "54" Suede Mary Jane Pumps - $775
Belt: Unknown or it came with the dress
Necklace/Ring: Unknown
(Earrings previously worn)

Jenny Packham Gown: Bespoke (estimated at 3135GBP: $3887)
(Heels, Clutch and other Jewelry previously worn)

Mar 18 - Paris Day 2: Visit to  Musee D?Orsay/Paris Day 2: Visit to Les Invalides /Paris Day 2: Six Nations Rugby Match

Chanel Dress: $10353
Chanel Bag: $6225 (original price in 2015)
Chanel Belt: $850
Cartier Trinity Diamond Earrings: $2040
Cartier Trinity Necklace: $1890

(Coatdress, booties, turtleneck, gloves and jewelry previously worn)

Total new so far: $44,325
Total Bespoke: 4 (minimum value $22,792)

Work: 13 days/20 events
Private: 1 day/1 event

2-Day Paris trip alone cost new and known: $22,803 with estimated bespoke: $37,830

Just a quick note....for the Irish Guards/Arrival in France Kate shoes are Gianvito Rossi Ankle Strap Suede D'orsay Pumps, retail $800.00. 
I saw some sites are reporting they are the "54" which looks nearly identical except the heel doesn't match.  I posted a close up of Kate's foot/shoe and the ad for the D'orsay  which matches.  The "54" heel is almost square.

Sad   I couldn't correct my original post since it was too late.  Sorry.

I am too tired.  Not the Irish Guards/arrival.

The Reception. At the reception with the black dress. 
So sorry. 
Going to bed since clearly 22 hours is too long to go without sleep.

Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »

Are there any better pics of her Cartier Trinity jewellery? Is this the first time she's worn the line?

She's worn from the line before,  I think it war thst long dangle necklace with the circles... these are new:

They're about the same price as the necklace is only gold with no diamonds.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »

She's worn from the line before,  I think it war thst long dangle necklace with the circles... these are new:

Thank you for the pic! Yes, I'd say these are new, at least we haven't seen them in public before. I remember the long one well, looked awful and caused quite a stir for her to have an 80,000 necklace on at the time. Was never to be seen again since.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

This design is sooooo 80s. Everybody and their cat wore a version of the Cartier trinity ring. Every "fashion" ( I use that cautiously) outlet, incl. forever 21 and target had their version in every possible metal. Honestly if you go on any used jewellery webpage or auction (hello eBay), you can find them there, because people have grown tired of wearing them and resell them.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »

Why does she insist on dressing like a 50-year-old? The Cartier jewellery is completely boring and the Jenny Packham BESPOKE gown is ghastly! Camilla could wear that!!

And why does she wear so many bespoke pieces? Surely you don't need to pay ?6000 to get a granny look? Or is she buying all these clothes thinking that she'll wear them again and again in the future?
Vava

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: March 20, 2017, 12:45:56 AM »

LOL on that Cartier jewelry.  Of all the fabulous things they make, and she picks that.  SAD!

From a fashion perspective, the Ambassador's wife is much more interesting.  The gown she wore was really great, but it would have been nicer in a different color.  Kate could never wear something like that, she doesn't have the posture for it, or the panache.  I like that woman's hairstyle too, very becoming.  She's also much better suited for a public life, you can she is at ease in her role.  Will Kate EVER GET THERE?Huh?
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: March 20, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »

The ambassador's wife, Anne, looked very French to me, very beautiful, I too loved her hair. I think she looked pretty spiffy throughout.

Re the Cartier Trinity jewellery, it's a classic, I'm just suprised that she didn't have the necklace in the same style as the earrings.

Di, Fergie & Sophie were given trinity rings by their husbands..
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2017, 01:37:58 AM »

But of course Kate would get Cartier trinity jewelry, she is so like her late mother-in-law who had a Cartier ring. 

Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: March 20, 2017, 02:16:34 AM »

I read that the Chanel is actually a bespoke dress based on the coat and dress set from the spring-summer 2017 pre-collection.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:23:18 AM by Princess BlueEyes » Logged

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: March 20, 2017, 03:10:45 AM »

How come Kate picks the boring and worst piece from Cartier? They have lovely pieces and she choose those tiny and overpriced ones that look like her other jewelry.
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: March 20, 2017, 04:00:37 AM »

How come Kate picks the boring and worst piece from Cartier? They have lovely pieces and she choose those tiny and overpriced ones that look like her other jewelry.

Because she has poor taste and no sense of style, and doesn't seem to have the intelligence to realise it and want to improve herself.  
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: March 20, 2017, 04:23:36 AM »

I don't believe that Kannot knows how to pick jewelry to suit its use: everyday, out to dinner, charity gala and state dinner extravaganza.

The everyday jewelry looks like teenage girl jewelry: tiny pendants on fine chains, charms on longer fine chains. No fun jewelry like tumbled stone necklace, wooden beads short necklace, fun acrylic beads and shapes on a stringer.

The gala jewelry is mismatched borrowed diamond bracelets, dangling chandelier styles (hidden by hair) or giant gem buttons. Never wears a jeweled comb/pin in her hair (hint: the Swedes do that well, take notes) or any of the larger stone necklaces because her dress neckline is up to her collarbone. Lately, when she wears a lowered neckline, no jewel trespasses across her upper chest. Nothing to bring focus to the eye or face and invite a conversation.

It's as if this woman never spent any time at all looking at and trying on jewelry. Girlfriends and I went to the dept stores, tried on costume jewelry, laughed about it, bought it when it was on special sale. Went to the resale markets and bought more costume jewelry. And then, we took it apart and put it back together the way we wanted it. (One of the 'girls' had the clips and pliers to do that and so we did it.) And we traded with each other because some pieces just looked better on someone else or lent pieces to go with outfits.

Over time, we figured out what kind of jewelry looked best with our faces/necks and complemented the clothing we were wearing. Of course, we watched our pennies but we learned about color, shape, structure and how to complement our looks and outfits inexpensively. When we had the means we knew what we wanted to have as part of our permanent 'real' collection. To this day, when we are out on a weekend jaunt, we always stop in at the jewelry resale shops hoping to find another perfect piece (good stone, metal, wood or costume). Sometimes we are lucky, often not.

We have a different eye now and more often find pieces for our friends than for ourselves. And we trust each other's opinions. We learned early that hidden jewelry, by hair or garment, was wasted effort. Jewelry is worn to make you want to sparkle and feel like you are at your best. It's a pity if Kannot has never had the fun and pleasure of experimenting with jewelry.
IMO
 Wink

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:34:24 AM by PruNordstrom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: