Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals - princesses looking bad. Is it a curse?  (Read 11517 times)
Katestolemyname

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »

I hate to stay this, but to me, it's a trend. Mary, who actually didn't look too bad (for Mary!) prior to marriage, has aged rapidly. The same thing has happened to Kate - the once fresh 'fashion icon' (lol) has truly turned into the greit mouse she was meant to be. Add the massive weight loss and rapidly aging and here we are! Even one of my big favorites Leticia is starting to fall apart. Oh and ofc I forgot to mention Skanky. The fact that even she can look worse than pre-engagement is pretty spectacular. I
Mette-Marit is perhaps better looking than these two, but folks, let's be honest. The 'real' princesses such as Charlotte, Madeleine, Victoria, Martha Louise (say what you want regarding her clothing and personality, but at least she's still not that bad looking), Caroline - they all look way better than the women who married in, in my opinion.

It's starting to look like a trend to me, perhaps marrying into the royal family actually isn't a good thing at all? It's almost like once they're in, things start to change.

Share your opinions and feel free to post pictures.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »

the thing that killed Leti was plastic surgery. Mary, Kate, Mette all married royalty for the wrong reason. So they are miserable. A beautiful woman to me is a happy woman. So Leti will always be prettier because she is happy
Katestolemyname

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 01:04:08 PM »

I agree, Midnight, but I think both Martha and Vicky who are close to Letis age looks better.  Like I said, Leti is one of my favourite royals, but there has been lot of tradegies in her life. It might just be speculations but in general I feel the born princesses age better. It could be coincidences of course.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »

Not all born princesses are pretty. Look at the York sisters or the Spanish ones (Christina and Elena).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »

Not all born princesses are pretty. Look at the York sisters or the Spanish ones (Christina and Elena).

Yeah but they kept the same "look".  In general, with exception of Cristina, didn't age very rapidly in comparison to other mentioned over here.
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:18:27 PM »

Look at those daughters of Grace of Monaco. And Margaret. I think it has to do with smoking and booze. And late nights.  Secret

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »

i think that you have good point, i also have notice that.
you can add Queen Rania to the list i don't think she is aging well and her weight lose is pretty scary imo.

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 01:17:43 AM »

There's probably intense pressure to keep slender and look good at all times with Crown Princesses and Queens that isn't there with other royals, including those born into Royal families. I know Victoria is the daughter of a king but most Crown Princesses and Queens today are married-ins.

They are photographed all the time on engagements and face regular criticism of hair, makeup, clothing etc. This scrutiny sends many, Sylvia, Leti, Rania, Mary, off to seek Botox and fillers and other procedures, IMO.
shastadaisy

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 01:50:50 AM »

Weight loss (Leti, Rania) is very aging. In spite of some overly enthusiastic cosmetics treatments, I'd still say the princesses are aging better than most of their non-Royal peers.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »

I don't know if they age better than non royal peers, only that they not only have access to fabulous stylists and thus get prime make-up and hair style choices (not that this always shows!) and what's more: I don't get photoshopped every time I am in the public.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

I think it's largely due to the society we live in...... these days there is so much public scrutiny, and media is so immediate, and our attention spans are so short, they are under enormous pressure to maintain that youthful glow..... it would be interesting to see how SWMNBN would have coped in her 40s and 50s, especially with a young pretty daughter-in-law to contend with! They succumb to the pressure to be thin at all costs (which is ageing) and often use smoking as an aid to this (pretty sure both Leti and Mares smoke, or have done so in the past.... you can see it in those deep lines running from the nose to the mouth), and we know Kate smokes...... and as we observe here, for the most part they lead pretty boring, vacuous, shallow lives...... as for born princesses, lets not forget Vic suffered from an eating disorder in her teens and 20s..... both Caroline and Stephanie were wild (and it shows!)...... I mean look at Birgitte! now that is NOT a pretty sight, and she was lovely once...... both the York girls have suffered with weight issues (I personally think Eugenie is lovely) and of course the criticism as to the direction of their lives...... I am convinced that being a Princess in any form is NOT the fairytale we were raised to think it would be!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 01:17:45 PM »

What to think of auntie Brigitta............

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »

Margaretha looks elegant while her sister looks ummm...

LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 03:04:35 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I agree with much of what is posted.  These women are under the most intense, terrible, public scrutiny.  I just can not imagine this myself.  Many of them have chosen to be sickeningly thin, or have some sort of disordered eating.  I have long suspected what ever is going on these beauty salons and plastic surgeon's office is actually making matters worse not better.

Thanks,

Louise
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 08:20:40 AM »

Brigitta looks like fun! I'd hang out with her over Yrma any day!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: