Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivalo & Minik Foundation  (Read 7560 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:30:28 PM »

Josephine and Vincent trust distributes grants.

The Ivalo & Minik Foundation, which is named after Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik's twins, sends students from Greenland abroad to study.

The Crown Prince Couple surprised everyone when their twins Josephine and Vincent, were given also Greenlandic names when they were baptized.

In Josephine's name was included Ivalo, which among other things means little sister, and in Vincent's was included Minik, which among other things can mean still, small snow.

When they are in Greenland, they are not called by their second, Greenlandic names, Ivalo and Minik, but nowthe fund has just awarded three scholarships to study abroad, writes the Greenlandic media Sermitsiaq.

The three lucky recipients are Hans Peder Kirkegaard and Melisa Larsen, who each received a scholarship to study in the US and Majken Djurhuus Poulsen who have received a scholarship to study in London.

The purpose of the Ivalo & Minik Foundation is to award scholarships to students in Greenland who want to take up an international higher education or international educational courses, including an internship in a company or organization.

The scholarships are funded based on donations from Royal Arctic Line A/S, Royal Greenland A/S, Greenland's Trade and NunaFonden. the foundation, has worked since 2012, the year after the twins were born and baptized.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

I really hate the name of this foundation.  It's so fake...like, "Look here, Greenlanders.  We named our kids with Greenlandic names, but not really because they will never be known by these names, and they're just one of several middle names."  They should have just called it the Josephine and Vincent foundation. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »

I really hate the name of this foundation.  It's so fake...like, "Look here, Greenlanders.  We named our kids with Greenlandic names, but not really because they will never be known by these names, and they're just one of several middle names."  They should have just called it the Josephine and Vincent foundation. 

Bread and circuses is what the royals base their PR on.  Give a few scraps to the peasants in return for their loyalty.  And wallets.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

Hi everyone,

Wait a minute...  I am not so sure about that.  I am convinced Fred really loves Greenland, and naming his children like that is really a big deal.  Names, including middle names, can cause big "to dos"  where I come from.  Maybe it is more genuine than you might expect.

Thanks,

Louise
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

Yes Fred loves the twins so much he spent the eve of their christening with a 20 year old blonde. Truly a wonderful father figure!

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:45:05 PM »

OMG! That's horrible.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:53 PM »

That's Derf and his fathering skills. And sense of responsibility.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

I think Frodo loves Greenland like he loves everything else in his life: only when it suits him and he's not prepared to put any true, genuine effort in. 

If he loved Greenland, he wouldn't have tolerated the wire chicken fences keeping those dangerous wheelchair bound Greenlanders from touching the precious white children.  Fencing people in like barnyard animals doesn't exactly scream affection and love to me.

The man is literally the royal version of flotsam and jetsam. 

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:13:38 AM »

I wonder how Greenlanders feel that 'their organization' is being named after non-greenlanders... Huh?

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:24 AM »

I wonder how Greenlanders feel that 'their organization' is being named after non-greenlanders... Huh?

Those brown people will be grateful for the scraps they get from the royals.  That's how the Danish Royal Family roll.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 07:51:35 AM »

This  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 02:08:49 PM »

This  Star

G Smiley

Laugh bounce

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: