Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Alexander, Duke of Sodermanland  (Read 80858 times)
LauraMarie

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

I really like the name.

One thing that was interesting to me was that Prince Alexander is the first prince of this generation (and second child overall) with 4 names.  Just thought that was kind of interesting.

But like I said, I really do like this name.  Prince Alexander sounds good by itself, but Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil flows well together too.
Tui

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »

Excellent choice, I love it! Alexander was #1 on my list of royal baby names for boys.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary) is celebrating her 90th birthday today. I wonder if there's a connection here. Alexander and Alexandra...

Well, anyways. Congratulations to both of them! Champagne

Antevorta

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 03:15:50 PM »

I picked Alexander in the other thread!   Jumping 

I am thrilled that they gave their boy such a good, strong and capable name.  Already, Sofia and CP have surpassed my expectations as parents - granted they were pretty low.  Here's hoping they keep up the trend.
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

Strong names and classic not trashy that's good. He'll need all the strength he can get as he grows older. Maybe Isabella of Denmark can be his mentor.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »

Duke of S?dermanland. He is the 10th Duke there. I guess CG was so thrilled he got at least a male heir for his beloved Stenhammar. Roll Eyes
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 04:48:55 PM »

Duke of S?dermanland. He is the 10th Duke there. I guess CG was so thrilled he got at least a male heir for his beloved Stenhammar. Roll Eyes
I read (on Wikipedia so not 100% sure it's accurate) that Stenhammer is owned by the Swedish government and leased by CG.  So could Alexander really inherit it? Or would Alexander start leasing it at some point when he's an adult? Or would CG want to buy it from the government and then pass it on to Alexander? Or would CG want the government to do what they did with Victoria and Haga and turn it over to the royal family? That wouldn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm just speculating.
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »

I read (on Wikipedia so not 100% sure it's accurate) that Stenhammer is owned by the Swedish government and leased by CG.  So could Alexander really inherit it? Or would Alexander start leasing it at some point when he's an adult? Or would CG want to buy it from the government and then pass it on to Alexander? Or would CG want the government to do what they did with Victoria and Haga and turn it over to the royal family? That wouldn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm just speculating.

The castle and estate was donated to the state in a will, stipulating that it should be rented by a male member of the Bernadotte family for 1000 kronor ($120) per year. The Duke of S?dermanland, if there is a person with that title, should have first access to rent the castle.

I wonder if that is why CG named Alexander Duke of S?dermanland. CP's kids will have to get an education and find a job, maybe CG is trying to set the place up for them.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »

I really like the name. Alexander is one of my fave names because it manages to be both modern and classic at the same time, one of the few names out there that is truly timeless. Bertil was always going to be in there and of course, the grandfathers. I like that Sofia's father has such a 'Swedish' name. Erik is a perfect middle name for a Swedish prince.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 06:07:37 PM »

Bah... Sodermanland is "my" area of Sweden.

Decent name, however.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 06:09:20 PM »

Good sounding name.....

Could Hubertus also be a reference to Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg Gotha (as possible godfather)?
Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 07:30:55 PM »

I remember that some time ago I read an old article from Svenskdam about Stenhammar where the manager/board member/don't-remember-the-exact-role told that Stenhammar will be inherited by CP even if they did not know when. The reasons were that: even if the succession law is changed it does not seem to affect this property where a male prince by blood should inherited it; CP studied Agricultural and Rural Management; he is a part of the board of the castle with the King (moreover CP has another property there: ?ken?s).
However the property is leased to a male member by the State, with the precedence to the Duke of Sodermanland...I think that the fact that the next in line for Stenhammar is CP and now his son after him is a clear reasoning about their thoughts when they gave Alexander this dukedom. Obviously this is just my opinion but I was not surprised when CG announced the dukedom  Smiley

Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 11:15:07 PM »

Well, not bad, but not very melodic IMO (Like Leonore Lilian Maria or Oscar Carl Olof   ) Hubertus after CG I guess (well, Carl and Gustaf were already taken Tongue )

The name Alexander is classic but not very swedish. I'm surprised, I would have thought Sof would choose a very royal name.
Well, first thing that came to my mind when I read the name was "Alexander the Great".

Nevertheless, Alex is a good name. And why not, the other 3 are traditional enough.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

Love the name Alexander. I like all the Swedish children's names except Estelle, which still doesn't do it for me at all.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 11:47:36 PM »

Not to worry - I still think it's a horrible name  Icecream

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »

No one has reacted at the four names of Alexander.

Estelle is the only one that has 4 names, Oscar, Leonore and Nikolaj all have 3.

I noticed too Beer

I think Alexander is a fine name. It's been used quite a lot in Sweden too - from creepy Fanny och Alexander ( Nerves ), to Alexander Bard from Army of Lovers (  Spiteful ) to Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson to Alexander Skarsg?rd.. it's a fine name. Obviously no royal connection in Sweden, no matter what Lindwall is frothing about. Which is a good thing allthough I find it interesting that CP is NOT getting comments about choosing a name not previously used in the RF - like both Victoria and Madeleine did Beer Snare
It's difficult to know if they picked Alexander to show they he'll a lower-ranking royal. That would be nice. But the four names like Vic's children suggest otherwise, which is not so nice. I think they should have skipped one tbh. I don't think the four names flow well together. The Hubertus makes Bertil stick out and surely Bertil deserves better than looking like an afterthought..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: